The new "which underdogs can do some damage" JGB

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Who will make state?

Burnsville
No votes
Elk River
No votes
OMG
No votes
Wessy's Boys
73%
Buffalo
27%
Wayzata
No votes

Total votes: 11

WBhockey08

The new "which underdogs can do some damage" JGB

Post by WBhockey08 »

okay now that were past the half way mark and teams are starting to slowly settle into there playoff positions and rankings, ive decided to bring the topic up again and change a few teams. Im keeping the vote metro and obviously all 6 of the above teams could make it to state while upsetting the teams below that i mentioned.

based on how things look like in the metro the top 5 teams that will move onto state look like this( this is just my opinion and a few other people. feel free to criticize):

Edina
Rave
Roseville
WBL orange
WBL black

this is based on statistics and the way ive seen these teams play.

who do u think will make the 6th spot

or who from the 5 above do u think wont make it and get upset
JGBHockey9

Post by JGBHockey9 »

Im in agreement with you about those 5 teams having a pretty solid lock on the State Tourney, and I think you guys will proly get the last spot. All of the other teams in the Metro aren't that great, so you guys would just have to beat out a team like Buffalo or Burnsville. Also, even if one of those 5 teams were to lose in the 2nd round of your metro playoff, they can still get into state by takin a 6,7, or 8 seed from some weak comp.
FBK19

Post by FBK19 »

All i have to say is it probably going to be one hell of a playoff run for a lot of teams because there are a good amount of teams all with very similar team talents where a game could go anyway. Good luck to whatever team you guys are on.
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

i just cant wait to play OMG, thereb the toughest team we have left on our schedule and i really wanna see what their about, theyre climbing the ranks, and for my teams own personal selfish interest it be nice to put a stop to that
OMGhockey6

Post by OMGhockey6 »

This saturday wbhockey :D
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

i think that game will be big decider on who gets a quality seed for playoffs
OMGhockey6

Post by OMGhockey6 »

Ya Idk it might be sunday its sometime this weekend but looking forward to it
buffjrgold13

Post by buffjrgold13 »

Yes i'd have to agree with you on those being the top 5. Also, being from buffalo, i'd like to say that we have a great chance of upsetting any team and going to state. Although, that's only if we play our A game. I have to add that we are probably the most inconsistent team in jr. gold b. We have tied and lost to teams that we shouldn't have tied or lost to. But when we play our best we can stick with anyone. Who knows where we will end up this season. I hope state. If we continue to play well like we have in the last few games we have a chance of making a lower seed. Our biggest competition will be ourselves and our consistency. We could always possibly sh!t the bag and get completely shut out in playoffs also. We'll see what happens. Any agreements or disagreements anyone?
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

omg vs. wessys tommorrow!
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

i looked at the scores and wayzata has upset me some poor losses

also it looks like burnsville and wessys will be competing for 6th place and maybe even 5th if wbl orange falls out
wayzatahockey30

Post by wayzatahockey30 »

Everyone is thinking that wessey's boys is the top underdog, but you have to see whose going to state and whose not.
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

wayzatahockey30 wrote:Everyone is thinking that wessey's boys is the top underdog, but you have to see whose going to state and whose not.
This was all talk a month ago.
minnhock007

Post by minnhock007 »

What team do you guys think is the biggest underdog in the JGB state tournament?
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

minnhock007 wrote:What team do you guys think is the biggest underdog in the JGB state tournament?
No one seems to be talking about White Bear-Orange and they are a very good team. Also, I think that Buffalo will give Lakeville a good run. Not sure if they will upset them, but it should be a good game.