* The Bottom of Your Soul * The Dream of going to State *

Older Topics, Not the current discussion
Stitch Lips

* The Bottom of Your Soul * The Dream of going to State *

Post by Stitch Lips » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:36 pm

The atmosphere at the Municipal Athletic Complex in St. Cloud just before
Alexandria challenged Little Falls for the right to go to state:

From the top of your heart ... to the bottom of your soul ...

check it out -------> http://www.youtube.com/v/OXUkbcfIhVw

alkali_27

Re: * The Bottom of Your Soul * The Dream of going to State

Post by alkali_27 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:43 pm

Stitch Lips wrote:The atmosphere at the Municipal Athletic Complex in St. Cloud just before
Alexandria challenged Little Falls for the right to go to state:

From the top of your heart ... to the bottom of your soul ...

check it out -------> http://www.youtube.com/v/OXUkbcfIhVw
...what the hell?

Stitch Lips

>

Post by Stitch Lips » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:46 pm

You have to click on the "Play" button ... then you will see what I mean.

STEV16

Post by STEV16 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:49 pm

very nice, got me going.

SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:03 pm

That was different...not bad
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:21 pm

That was the stupidest thing I've ever taken the time to watch.

Congrats on relating a section final game to malnourished children and fallen solders.
The U invented swagger.

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:27 pm

Very nice! =D>

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:31 pm

Goldy Gopher wrote:That was the stupidest thing I've ever taken the time to watch.

Congrats on relating a section final game to malnourished children and fallen solders.
Wow Goldy, I didn't see it as being disrepectful at all.

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:34 pm

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:That was the stupidest thing I've ever taken the time to watch.

I never said it was disrespectful, I said it was stupid.
The U invented swagger.

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:41 pm

Goldy Gopher wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:

I never said it was disrespectful, I said it was stupid.
OK.

who_b_dat

Post by who_b_dat » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:05 pm

Pretty darn good vid. I would of went a different way with the artistic mods such as music choice and spiritual influence. Would have been nice to see some more puck action in there such as edited goals, big hits etc...

Good camera work (and camera too to keep the light right in an arena).

My kid was fortunate to play along side a kid whose dad would annually compile a similar vid. The kids love getting the DVD. Heck- I think some coaches picked that kid just for the team DVD :lol:

behonestbenice

Post by behonestbenice » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:20 pm

Makes no sense we are comparing some kids and fans getting ready for a hockey game to lyrics of dead presidents, war etc. Music and pictures don't seem to match but them again anything that is artistic I generally don't get anyway so maybe it does make sense?????????????????
Somebody let me know

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:28 pm

behonestbenice wrote:Makes no sense we are comparing some kids and fans getting ready for a hockey game to lyrics of dead presidents, war etc. Music and pictures don't seem to match but them again anything that is artistic I generally don't get anyway so maybe it does make sense?????????????????
Somebody let me know
It makes no sense.
The U invented swagger.

Snake Vigilante

da air-o-gance uv gaudy gofer

Post by Snake Vigilante » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:36 pm

wellz, wellz, it looky like wheeze 'av a nun-patriotic party-son float'in in deez watterz nowz don't wheeze? a parson hoo choozez ta sho immenze dizrezpect t'wardz da sacrifises dat hour men 'an woman in da militaree 'av graciously bestowed ta dare con-tree!!

a parson hoo duzn't 'preciate da effortz dat hour grate soldierz put forth dayz in 'an dayz out ta make a bedder worldz fer hour chill'inz hoo r suffragett'in in da foreighn landz.

sumwon hoo 'azn't a tingle ounce uv decency 'an empathy t'wardz da plight uv doze hoo sufferage in dis world dat wheeze allz sharez.

hay gaudy gofer guyz ---- yewz ott ta bee ashamed uv yerzself. yewz obliviously missed da message in da video. call'in it da "stoopidist ting dat yewz ever tak'in da tam ta watch" onleeze goze ta shed light on yerz character. may-bee if yewz wood lissen ta da werdz 'an yewz yerz imaginatory skillz, yewz could sumday seize da light 'an acknowledge da similaritiez 'tween da game uv life --- 'an da game uv huckey.

mah-self, on da udder handz, findz it radder refresh'in ta seize dat sum people carez enuff 'bout da inequities dat plague hour world, ta attemptz ta make udders cognizant uv watt'z happen'in jackson in udder arenas uv life -- ta intertwine dis message wit udder positive eventz such az a suction chumpship gamez.

may-bee yewz ott ta czech da bottom of your soul big boy.

mah-self 'az ta czech mah soul evra-dayz.

hay stench-lips --- yewz touched mah hertz. :cry:

Snaky Poo V
Last edited by Snake Vigilante on Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goldy Gopher

Re: da air-o-gance uv gaudy gofer

Post by Goldy Gopher » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:38 pm

Snake Vigilante wrote:

wellz, wellz, it looky like wheeze 'av a nun-patriotic party-son float'in in deez watterz nowz don't wheeze? a parson hoo choozez ta sho immenze dizrezpect t'wardz da sacrifises dat hour men 'an woman in da militaree 'av graciously bestowed ta dare con-tree!!

a parson hoo duzn't 'preciate da effortz dat hour grate soldierz put forth dayz in 'an dayz out ta make a bedder worldz fer hour chill'inz hoo r suffragett'in in da foreighn landz.

sumwon hoo 'azn't a tinle ounce uv decency 'an empathy t'wardz da plight uv doze hoo sufferage in dis world dat wheeze allz sharez.

hay gaudy gofer guyz ---- yewz ott ta bee ashamed uv yerzself. yewz obliviously missed da message in da video. call'in it da "stoopidist ting dat yewz ever tak'in da tam ta watch" onleeze goze ta shed light on yerz character. may-bee if yewz wood lissen ta da werdz 'an yewz yerz imaginatory skillz, yewz could sumday seize da light 'an acknowledge da similaritiez 'tween da game uv life --- 'an da game uv huckey.

mah-self, on da udder handz, findz it radder refresh'in ta seize dat sum people carez enuff 'bout da inequities dat plague hour world, ta attemptz ta make udders cognizant uv watt'z happen'in jackson in udder arenas uv life -- ta intertwine dis message wit udder positive eventz such az a suction chumpship gamez.

may-bee yewz ott ta czech da bottom of your soul big boy.

mah-self 'az ta czech mah soul evra-dayz.

hay stench-lips --- yewz touched mah hertz. :cry:

Snaky Poo V
If I could understand what you were trying to say I'm sure I would have a superior counter argument, but as it stands all I can do is laugh at you. :lol:
The U invented swagger.

Junior Samples

misinterpretation

Post by Junior Samples » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:51 pm

no offense golden boy, but i think snake said you are unpatriotic, who ridicules anyone who brings awareness to the sacrifices our soldiers have made, along with their mothers and fathers in the war against freedom. i think he says that you have no sympathy towards the plight of those children who suffer, but i'm not sure.

i think he also says that if you had any kind of imagination, you could see the light and appreciate the things americans take for granted such as state tournaments, etc., but don't hold me to it.

i'm guessing that he claims you lack character by showing disrespect not only towards the artist, but also the soldiers and their families, but i could be wrong.

i'm not well-versed in anglitch, and correct me if i'm wrong, but i think he actually enjoyed the video and he says you should check the bottom of your soul, and i don't think he means the bottom of your shoe.

snaky implies that stitch lips may be eccentric, but he does have a message whether you can see it or not.

:roll:
yahoo serious!

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:04 pm

Forgive him snake & stitch, for he knows not what he does.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls

Goldy Gopher

Re: misinterpretation

Post by Goldy Gopher » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:59 am

Junior Samples wrote:no offense golden boy, but i think snake said you are unpatriotic, who ridicules anyone who brings awareness to the sacrifices our soldiers have made, along with their mothers and fathers in the war against freedom. i think he says that you have no sympathy towards the plight of those children who suffer, but i'm not sure.

i think he also says that if you had any kind of imagination, you could see the light and appreciate the things americans take for granted such as state tournaments, etc., but don't hold me to it.

i'm guessing that he claims you lack character by showing disrespect not only towards the artist, but also the soldiers and their families, but i could be wrong.

i'm not well-versed in anglitch, and correct me if i'm wrong, but i think he actually enjoyed the video and he says you should check the bottom of your soul, and i don't think he means the bottom of your shoe.

snaky implies that stitch lips may be eccentric, but he does have a message whether you can see it or not.

I'm very down for bring awareness to the sacrifices that our solders have made for this country. No amount of respect could ever be enough for them. I'm saying it's stupid to compare what they are out there doing to the section 6A championship game. Sorry if there's a really strong connection between the two that I am missing out on.
The U invented swagger.

sicknasty7722

Re: misinterpretation

Post by sicknasty7722 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:41 am

Goldy Gopher wrote:
Junior Samples wrote:no offense golden boy, but i think snake said you are unpatriotic, who ridicules anyone who brings awareness to the sacrifices our soldiers have made, along with their mothers and fathers in the war against freedom. i think he says that you have no sympathy towards the plight of those children who suffer, but i'm not sure.

I'm very down for bring awareness to the sacrifices that our solders have made for this country. No amount of respect could ever be enough for them. I'm saying it's stupid to compare what they are out there doing to the section 6A championship game. Sorry if there's a really strong connection between the two that I am missing out on.
I'm completely with you Goldy; that was the biggest waist of a minute and a half in my life (i fast forwarded because i got bored). If you wanted to bring awareness to the sacrifices our soldiers have made for this country, A HOCKEY FORUM IS NOT THE PLACE TO DO IT.
Publik Skoolz

slapshooter

7,491st post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~God Bless 'em All~

Post by slapshooter » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:44 am

behonestbenice wrote:Makes no sense we are comparing some kids and fans getting ready for a hockey game to lyrics of dead presidents, war etc. Music and pictures don't seem to match but them again anything that is artistic I generally don't get anyway so maybe it does make sense?????????????????
Somebody let me know
=; :arrow: They fight our wars like they always did for many reasons and one of them is so that our love of hockey is allowed to be

=; :arrow: enjoyed through these wonderful young men and women on the rinks of Minnesota and throughout our nation and beyond!

=; :arrow: There are enemies out there that would use our arenas for something else if they could.

=; :arrow: Our armed forces protect the dreams within all of us.

=; :arrow: Our young players and their followers remind us all just what the value of that ongoing struggle is all about.

=; :arrow: One of the many reasons that it is imperative that this country of ours remains......
=P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage8 :arrow: (...a legend in his Imagewn miImagend ...) Image

Junior Samples

Re: 7,491st post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~God Bless 'em Al

Post by Junior Samples » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:09 pm

slapshooter wrote:
Somebody let me know
=; :arrow: They fight our wars like they always did for many reasons and one of them is so that our love of hockey is allowed to be

=; :arrow: enjoyed through these wonderful young men and women on the rinks of Minnesota and throughout our nation and beyond!

=; :arrow: There are enemies out there that would use our arenas for something else if they could.

=; :arrow: Our armed forces protect the dreams within all of us.

=; :arrow: Our young players and their followers remind us all just what the value of that ongoing struggle is all about.

=; :arrow: One of the many reasons that it is imperative that this country of ours remains......
=P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage8 :arrow: (...a legend in his Imagewn miImagend ...) Image
i'm with you slapshooter. i think a persons interpretation on how he perceives the video is a direct reflection on the kind a person the viewer is.

a person can be critical and negative and show no respect. and that is fine. everyone has a right to their own opinion. usually these kinds of people have never been out in the real world and live in a shell. they can't relate to what is happening in the world simply because they are usually preoccupied with their own selfishness.

on the other hand, there are those that open their minds and see the messages that are put before them. they are good, giving people and their spirituality reflects that.

your analogies and points are well-taken.

gg and sn are the types who thrive on negativity. yet, there is still time for them to come around. heck, they are still so young. give it time.

what do you expect with a name like sick-nasty? that in itself tells you something.

stitchy-poo's action footage is another story. it's a side that these fine young cannibals don't deserve to be privilidged.

unless they repent :evil:
yahoo serious!

Knowlzee

Nice work,....well done.

Post by Knowlzee » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:06 pm

Stitch Lips wins the draw,.......back to Snake Vigilante,........over to Junior Samples,.....who chips it up to ERE,......and slides it over to Slapshooter,.....who puts it in the upper corner for a score (and grindiangrad-80 back in the nets)!

P.S. This thread has it all, a great video, a short message/lesson, a little anglitch, a "misinterpretation" from Junior Samples, and the icing on the cake by the Great One, hizself.

cu@darink

Post by cu@darink » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:04 am

Great job once again Stich, I really like your work. Looking forward to viewing the finished product. Last years was great.
see you at the rink!

Joey (nine toes) Marcoux

Post by Joey (nine toes) Marcoux » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:30 am

Keep up the good work Mr. Lips :!:
There will always be 'puddin heads' trying to bring you down.
=D>

AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:37 am

We were expecting more for $1200. :roll: Very poor choice of music to go along with this one - how about something that "has a good beat that you can dance to" to get fired up about the game. Further, your effort to make a commentary about the state of the world is a bit misplaced with the filming of a HS Hockey Section Championship game. Maybe you should think about retiring. VideoScout used to do a superb job - the Flyer and Card faithful should look him if they need another one shot.

AY 8)