Jake Youso

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

cajones18

Jake Youso

Post by cajones18 »

What does everyone think about him?
PRIVATE SCHOOLS RECRUIT!!
hockeyfan95

Post by hockeyfan95 »

i think he's a great hockey player and a great person. go yous
hshckfan08

Post by hshckfan08 »

Its too bad the up north private school didnt recruit him hard enough :roll:
oldbarn7

Post by oldbarn7 »

He's very good. He has a lot of talent but an even better work ethic which as got him to where he is today. Keep working Yous.
komada77

Post by komada77 »

If you're looking more for what he plays like, I'd say his biggest strength is his skating ability-excellent skater.
Everyone hates private schools (and Edina)!!
Jacketfan06

Post by Jacketfan06 »

great player
*Carolina Hurricanes 2006 Stanley Cup Champions*
breakout

Post by breakout »

komada77 wrote:If you're looking more for what he plays like, I'd say his biggest strength is his skating ability-excellent skater.

Agree, plus good speed which will translate well into college hockey.
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

He'll have a Gordon type career. Probably a good character player filling in several different roles, but won't be a go to guy until maybe his senior season.
Character is who you are when no one is watching
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

GR3343 wrote:He'll have a Gordon type career. Probably a good character player filling in several different roles, but won't be a go to guy until maybe his senior season.
Gordon could have accomplished more but he seemed to be in too big of a rush to start off his college career. He probably should have played two years of junior hockey after high school as opposed to just one. But I guess he didn't want to wait any longer. Aaron Ness would look like a bodybuilder compared to what Gordon was like as a college frosh (and we all know Ness isn't a big kid). The Gophers almost red shirted him for a year after his frosh year because he needed more time to grow. I believe if Gordon had played two years of junior hockey, his college career would have been much more productive offensively. Not that he has been bad in that area but he could have done even more.

The difference I see with Youso is he is a bigger kid with more speed and he appears to be more likely to be able to handle things early on in college than what Gordon was at the same age. With a year of junior under Youso's belt, I think he has a chance to make a bigger offensive impact than Gordon has.
komada77

Post by komada77 »

breakout wrote:
komada77 wrote:If you're looking more for what he plays like, I'd say his biggest strength is his skating ability-excellent skater.

Agree, plus good speed which will translate well into college hockey.
yeah definitely
Everyone hates private schools (and Edina)!!
cajones18

Post by cajones18 »

Do you think that Youso will go to another year of Juniors or go straight to the gophers in 2008?
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

cajones18 wrote:Do you think that Youso will go to another year of Juniors or go straight to the gophers in 2008?
Very likely a year of junior hockey and the the Gophers in 2009. He was named Duluth News Tribune Player of the Year. Article is here: Youso is News Tribune player of the year
marshallrulz

Post by marshallrulz »

Jake Youso is not that good
cajones18

Post by cajones18 »

Very likely a year of junior hockey and the the Gophers in 2009. He was named Duluth News Tribune Player of the Year. Article is here: Youso is News Tribune player of the year[/quote]

Thanks that was a great article!
cajones18

Post by cajones18 »

marshallrulz wrote:Jake Youso is not that good
Nice 5th post. Never make another one!
marshallrulz

Post by marshallrulz »

if jake youso is so good why didnt he lead his team to state like dano jaques and david hafferty even, international falls was way overated and so is jake youso, i played agaisnt him head to head an i was even better then him and i suck
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

ok, when your name is ahead of him on the big draft board at the draft, I will say youre better than him

but right now, youre just stuck in second place to him, a lot like your team
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
upperleft

Post by upperleft »

Kudo's to Jake for being named New's Tribune Player of the Year! A well deserved honor for a great player and a really great kid! I'm looking forward to following him in Green Bay and anticipate a standout career with the Gophers. Good job Jake, you earned it!
marshallrulz

Post by marshallrulz »

Kudos to Jake for losing to the team Duluth Marshall beat to go to state!!!! ha
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

Kudos on 2nd place!

again...
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
oldbarn7

Post by oldbarn7 »

marshallrulz...

If your boys from the Hill are SO great why are their 0 and i repeat 0 Hilltoppers on the all area first team and only 1 on the second team?
cajones18

Post by cajones18 »

marshallrulz wrote:Kudos to Jake for losing to the team Duluth Marshall beat to go to state!!!! ha
Kudos to Duluth Marshal for barely beating that team to go to state. I mean seriously overtime with Hibbing? I thought you guys were invincible? Oh yeah and how's it being stuck in 2nd place for your whole High School career?
GivinYaTheBusiness

Post by GivinYaTheBusiness »

I'm feeling a lot of hostility towards Mr. Youso. He's a stand up kid, one of the nicest in the area and a hell of a hockey player. He lead his team to a very very good season...sometimes the puck just goes the other way. Marshallrulz, you shouldn't post anymore. Some little wanna be hack. Keep it up kid...see you in the NHL and playing for the Gophs. Wait. No.
darkdemon

Post by darkdemon »

marshallrulz wrote:Kudos to Jake for losing to the team Duluth Marshall beat to go to state!!!! ha
Duluth Marshall always the bride and never the groom :lol: I love it :lol:
The DEMON
George Blanda

Post by George Blanda »

darkdemon wrote:
Duluth Marshall always the bride and never the groom :lol: I love it :lol:
Making Little Falls the caterer or DJ???

(sorry, had to come back for that easy stab)
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey