[GOALIE]My New Pads.

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Got The Save

[GOALIE]My New Pads.

Post by Got The Save » Tue May 27, 2008 5:09 am

Hey guys,
I've just purchased some Bauer Supreme goalie pads. ($1200au) In Australia, there isnt much Goalie training and help as such, so I wasnt sure what pads to buy. I had the choice between some Itech Profiles($700au) and my Supremes. I was wondering, why are my pads a different design to the pads I see on most goalies.

The Itechs are alot squarer if you have noticed. Can you please tell me the pro's and con's of each. I ended up getting my pads on the basis they cost more, they looked better so they must be better :D

Supremes

Profiles

Please, dont call me a dumb ass. It's not my fault. Afterall, I'm Australian, not American. I'm not even sure if this is the right forum.

fivehole628

Re: [GOALIE]My New Pads.

Post by fivehole628 » Tue May 27, 2008 11:51 pm

This isn't the right forum to post this. But who cares!?!? 8)

I dont think you have the right picture, because the Itech pads you put on there aren't "Profiles", their the new "X-Wings" from Itech. And the X-Wings are usually around $1200. So I'm not sure what Itech pads your talking about... sorry

Got The Save

Post by Got The Save » Wed May 28, 2008 2:04 am

I searched Itech Profiles and thats the picture they came up with. They looked like the ones from the shop anyways.

Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother » Wed May 28, 2008 1:21 pm

The Itechs you have pictured are the better pad because they are squarer and flatter. They wont give quirky rebounds. You will be able to control rebounds better with the itechs. However supremes are fine pads as well.
BB

UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:20 pm

There's hockey in Australia? :?

hockey4L

Post by hockey4L » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:27 pm

ok im my personal opion the pads you buy/ which is better is all personal opion and how u play like if you are a standup style goalie you wouldnt buy ccm blockades, if i were u i would try them both out before you buy either and see which pair u like better

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:06 pm

From every goalie I've watched, the goalie makes the pads, the pads rarely make the goalie. With that said there is a definite difference between beginner level pads and advanced level pads. Once you are in the price range you are talking, it doesn't make a lot of difference. Goalies all have their personal preference so take what they say with a grain of salt. Find out what works for your budget and then work with the pads as much as you can. If they are comfortable and fit well, the rest is pretty much up to you.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls