Changing the driving age.....??

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Should the driving age change?

No change
56%
17 yrs old
19%
18 yrs old
25%

Total votes: 16

Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

elliott70 wrote:
DMom wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote: There's a perfect little truck up by the schwans rink if you come in the back way on 99th..... looks kinda like this but smaller and white... I keep telling my kid I'm gonna buy it as in upgrade for him

Anyone else seen it? :lol:

My Dad bought me a state patrol reject station wagon. Brown, with black primer over the shields on the doors,( and everywhere else). It was sooooo ugly, thank god I had a boyfriend to drive me around 8) . It was better than the giant orange DOT suburban he got for my older sister. They were "great deals". Think they still have those auctions :wink:
I 'knew' a girl that drove one like that.
How old are you?
Cradle robber :roll: :lol:
DMom

Post by DMom »

elliott70 wrote:
DMom wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote: There's a perfect little truck up by the schwans rink if you come in the back way on 99th..... looks kinda like this but smaller and white... I keep telling my kid I'm gonna buy it as in upgrade for him

Anyone else seen it? :lol:

My Dad bought me a state patrol reject station wagon. Brown, with black primer over the shields on the doors,( and everywhere else). It was sooooo ugly, thank god I had a boyfriend to drive me around 8) . It was better than the giant orange DOT suburban he got for my older sister. They were "great deals". Think they still have those auctions :wink:
How old are you?
What is with this obsession over my age!!!! :evil:

And, Elliott, I didn't "know" boys when I was in high school.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

DMom wrote:My Dad bought me a state patrol reject station wagon. Brown, with black primer over the shields on the doors,( and everywhere else)...

giant orange DOT suburban he got for my older sister. They were "great deals".
Last edited by Govs93 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMom

Post by DMom »

DMom wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
DMom wrote: My Dad bought me a state patrol reject station wagon. Brown, with black primer over the shields on the doors,( and everywhere else). It was sooooo ugly, thank god I had a boyfriend to drive me around 8) . It was better than the giant orange DOT suburban he got for my older sister. They were "great deals". Think they still have those auctions :wink:
How old are you?

..and than I got married.Image
Can't Never Tried

DMom wrote:
elliott70 wrote:
DMom wrote: My Dad bought me a state patrol reject station wagon. Brown, with black primer over the shields on the doors,( and everywhere else). It was sooooo ugly, thank god I had a boyfriend to drive me around 8) . It was better than the giant orange DOT suburban he got for my older sister. They were "great deals". Think they still have those auctions :wink:
How old are you?

That's what we're wondering :?
DMom

Post by DMom »

Anyone else seen it? :lol: yes wondered if it got better gas mileage than the diesel (although we're at 3.94$ Yippee).

Image[/quote]

My Dad bought me a state patrol reject station wagon. Brown, with black primer over the shields on the doors,( and everywhere else). It was sooooo ugly, thank god I had a boyfriend to drive me around 8) . It was better than the giant orange DOT suburban he got for my older sister. They were "great deals". Think they still have those auctions :wink:[/quote]

How old are you?[/quote]

And, Elliott, I didn't "know" boys when I was in high school.[/quote]

That's what we're wondering :?[/quote]

I already said I was the same age as the "hottie".
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

DMom wrote:
72 ZZZ?!?!

Oh... you said age. :(
DMom

Post by DMom »

Govs93 wrote:
DMom wrote:
72 ZZZ?!?!

:lol: :lol: sorry, Govs, I am confusing my threads here. No, I meant the "hottie" VP candidate.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

DMom wrote:
Govs93 wrote:
DMom wrote:
72 ZZZ?!?!

:lol: :lol: sorry, Govs, I am confusing my threads here. No, I meant the "hottie" VP candidate.
Oh... that's a whole other kettle of fish...

Although, it may give Neut something else to try and Photoshop.
Can't Never Tried

Govs93 wrote:
DMom wrote:

72 ZZZ?!?!

That would be utterly ridiculous :roll:
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

Age 18 to get a license and 80 to lose it would be ideal.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

BIAFP wrote:Age 18 to get a license and 80 to lose it would be ideal.
Not for me. Id be driving my kids and my dad all over the place. :wink:
DMom

Post by DMom »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
Govs93 wrote:
DMom wrote:

72 ZZZ?!?!

That would be utterly ridiculous :roll:

good one
Can't Never Tried

packerboy wrote:
Well we can be sure elliott is not in favor of that :wink:
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
packerboy wrote:

I am sick of trying to pass 85 year olds with the wrap around vision correction glasses going 35 mph on a 55 mph two lane highway. I am also tired of being passed at 65 mph in a 30 mph zone by 16 year old females in white grand ams, on cell phones in town.
Can't Never Tried

BIAFP wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:
packerboy wrote: Not for me. Id be driving my kids and my dad all over the place. :wink:

I am sick of trying to pass 85 year olds with the wrap around vision correction glasses going 35 mph on a 55 mph two lane highway. I am also tired of being passed at 65 mph in a 30 mph zone by 16 year old females in white grand ams, on cell phones in town.
Bus driver huh?
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
BIAFP wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote: Well we can be sure elliott is not in favor of that :wink:

Bus driver huh?

Something wrong with that? :roll:
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

BIAFP wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:
packerboy wrote: Not for me. Id be driving my kids and my dad all over the place. :wink:

:lol: Bedazzled phone I'm guessing? It's probably CNT who's blowing past you.

Good call on the white Grand Am too... the number of teenage Paris Hilton wannabes driving those things is astounding. It's weird. Why that car?
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Govs93 wrote:Although, it may give Neut something else to try and Photoshop.
Govs is the whizonater with photoshop and tinypic, although you might crash the server with the ZZZ's.
eugene

Post by eugene »

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:Now that I have 2 teenage daughters thinking about driving...........
I would say 20 years old is about right. :lol:
thats the dumbest thing iv ever heard! that is false they will be driving by the age of 15 so just let them do what they want! :P
DMom

Post by DMom »

eugene wrote:
OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:Now that I have 2 teenage daughters thinking about driving...........
I would say 20 years old is about right. :lol:
thats the dumbest thing iv ever heard! that is false they will be driving by the age of 15 so just let them do what they want! :P
lock'em up OGEE :lol:
Lily Braden

Post by Lily Braden »

Govs93 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote: I just let my kids know it was their privilege to lose....and most I think take it quite seriously at first...the phone thing is what bothers me.
Also 2 seater cars are the way to go...it's sounds bad, like they are getting a sports car, but if they can't get a bunch of kids in to show off to, they just act normal! well sort of! :roll:
Yeah - I've threatened to buy him a $500 wood paneled station wagon, rip out the the back seats (plural... gonna make sure it's extra long & ugly), and weld a rusted old refrigerator in their place and make him drive that to Wayzata High School.... see how much he wants to drive then.
HA...I already told my kids that we would get them one of those "Smart Cars" that look like a clown car and go about 60, floored. They'll get great gas mileage, but will be too embarassed to drive.

Also, I want the age of consent for sex to be raised to "after their mother is dead". Can we work on that one, too?
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

I'm ok with keeping it the same, but let's do something like they do in Switzerland - make them have a magnetic sign that designates them as a "new" or "rookie driver". Until the age of 18.

to enhance that idea, also put the "how's my driving?" question on the sign with the parents phone number.

What good is being a parent if you can't embarrass your kids as often or as long as possible? :lol:
fighting all who rob or plunder
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

tomASS wrote:I'm ok with keeping it the same, but let's do something like they do in Switzerland - make them have a magnetic sign that designates them as a "new" or "rookie driver". Until the age of 18.

to enhance that idea, also put the "how's my driving?" question on the sign with the parents phone number.

What good is being a parent if you can't embarrass your kids as often or as long as possible? :lol:
Sorta like Whiskey Plates? :)

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Lily Braden wrote:
Govs93 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote: I just let my kids know it was their privilege to lose....and most I think take it quite seriously at first...the phone thing is what bothers me.
Also 2 seater cars are the way to go...it's sounds bad, like they are getting a sports car, but if they can't get a bunch of kids in to show off to, they just act normal! well sort of! :roll:
Yeah - I've threatened to buy him a $500 wood paneled station wagon, rip out the the back seats (plural... gonna make sure it's extra long & ugly), and weld a rusted old refrigerator in their place and make him drive that to Wayzata High School.... see how much he wants to drive then.
HA...I already told my kids that we would get them one of those "Smart Cars" that look like a clown car and go about 60, floored. They'll get great gas mileage, but will be too embarassed to drive.

Also, I want the age of consent for sex to be raised to "after their mother is dead". Can we work on that one, too?
See now were on the same page - My dad owned a gas station after starting off with a 68 Ford Torino Coupe, and then moving up to the big block of a 72 Plymouth Fury Sports Coup (BIG BACK SEAT!)
my dad did the "smart car" thing of the 70's and I ended up driving this.....

Hey, but it had the 3 speed with the denim interior package
fighting all who rob or plunder