Marion "Always Injured" Gaborik

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Marty McSorely

Marion "Always Injured" Gaborik

Post by Marty McSorely » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm

His agent is going to want a contract that will break the bank. In my opinion he hasn't been worth the money they are currently paying him.

So Trade him Now while we can get something.......If not he'll be injured and not worth a cent!

Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:03 pm

If you come up with a few possible trade options i might be open to this.
BB

MnPride2

Post by MnPride2 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:08 am

He wants top 5 in the league pay :lol: :roll: ,yet only plays at above average pace :cry: :x ,hurt alot! I agree, trade him now while they still can :!:

Reggie

Post by Reggie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:58 pm

I think he'll end up in Vancouver, didn't even notice him on the ice against the bruins.

Indians forever

Post by Indians forever » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:09 am

Reggie wrote:I think he'll end up in Vancouver, didn't even notice him on the ice against the bruins.
I wonder who they would get if they trade him to the Canucks??

EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:56 pm

Pavol Demitra & Willie Mitchell?

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls

sinbin006

Post by sinbin006 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:39 pm

Indians forever wrote:
Reggie wrote:I think he'll end up in Vancouver, didn't even notice him on the ice against the bruins.
I wonder who they would get if they trade him to the Canucks??
How bout them Sedin boys?

Love4Hockey

Post by Love4Hockey » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:22 pm

hes gonna be resigned eventually
and got his first goal of the season tonight vs atlanta

Reggie

Post by Reggie » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:16 am

Love4Hockey wrote:hes gonna be resigned eventually
I hope so.

Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:49 pm

Reggie wrote:
I hope so.
I think Gabby is gone. DR offered him big money in a long-term deal, and that wasn't enough to make him sign.

I wouldn't mind getting 2-3 young guys with loads of potential and maybe a 2nd round pick. A team like Montreal has really good younger players, but they are going to have to give up a few to get Gabby and stay under the cap. LA might be another possible trade. They are 10 million or so under the cap, and they have some promising young players.

If the Wild wait until the deadline to trade him, a team like Pittsburgh could pick him up and only have to pay 1 million or so towards his contract, because the money hit to the salary cap goes down as the season goes on. However, even though more teams may be in the market for him then, the Wild may be shopping him for less because the probability of signing him will have gone down considerably, and I'm sure DR and the Wild want more for him than what we got for Rolston.

So, trade Gabby in the first half of the year if he isn't going to sign. If he is, then great; build around him.
HOUNDS

Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am

Lucia4President wrote:
Reggie wrote:
I hope so.
I think Gabby is gone. DR offered him big money in a long-term deal, and that wasn't enough to make him sign.

I wouldn't mind getting 2-3 young guys with loads of potential and maybe a 2nd round pick. A team like Montreal has really good younger players, but they are going to have to give up a few to get Gabby and stay under the cap. LA might be another possible trade. They are 10 million or so under the cap, and they have some promising young players.

If the Wild wait until the deadline to trade him, a team like Pittsburgh could pick him up and only have to pay 1 million or so towards his contract, because the money hit to the salary cap goes down as the season goes on. However, even though more teams may be in the market for him then, the Wild may be shopping him for less because the probability of signing him will have gone down considerably, and I'm sure DR and the Wild want more for him than what we got for Rolston.

So, trade Gabby in the first half of the year if he isn't going to sign. If he is, then great; build around him.
He was offered 10 million a year for 8 years, and he turned it down. Gabby run in MN will be finished before next year.
BB

Indians forever

Post by Indians forever » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:41 am

Bash Brother wrote:
Lucia4President wrote:
Reggie wrote:
I hope so.

He was offered 10 million a year for 8 years, and he turned it down. Gabby run in MN will be finished before next year.
might even be as soon as this week. I hoe not, but it doesn't look good at all.

Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:46 am

Indians forever wrote:
Bash Brother wrote:
Lucia4President wrote:
Reggie wrote:
I hope so.

might even be as soon as this week. I hoe not, but it doesn't look good at all.
I just hope we get some good trade value out of him.
BB

Love4Hockey

Post by Love4Hockey » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:24 pm

ive read a few rumors and the team most interested is Montreal
what ive seen is 2 packages centered around Chris Higgins with either jarslov Halek or Ryan Mcdonnaugh as part of the deal but that would need to be added on to to make it work
then today i had a friend tell me that Pittsburgh was interested and was offering Malkin and he said he heard it on TSN so im wondering if theres any rumor to this
cause a Malkin trade as unlikely as it is would be something id very happily do
but thats just what ive read and heard

sinbin006

Post by sinbin006 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:32 pm

Love4Hockey wrote:ive read a few rumors and the team most interested is Montreal
what ive seen is 2 packages centered around Chris Higgins with either jarslov Halek or Ryan Mcdonnaugh as part of the deal but that would need to be added on to to make it work
then today i had a friend tell me that Pittsburgh was interested and was offering Malkin and he said he heard it on TSN so im wondering if theres any rumor to this
I've heard rumors of a Pens trade with Gologoski and a draft pick...

Indians forever

Post by Indians forever » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:15 pm

sinbin006 wrote:
Love4Hockey wrote:ive read a few rumors and the team most interested is Montreal
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tenoverpar

Jersey

Post by Tenoverpar » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:41 pm

What about Gaborik to New Jersey for Parise and Gionta?

Together they make the same salary, Parise is a beast and New Jersey is very very Center heavy so they don't need him. Gionta is a workhorse that Minnesotans would love and is UFA after the year, Parise is on tap for 3 more at 3+ a year. THe other 7 mill the Wild save can certainly be put to good use. Of, don't spend the 7 mill and lower my "we gotta pay gabby someday" beer price a little bit. Give back to the givers

GR3343

Post by GR3343 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:40 pm

sinbin006 wrote:
Doubt that Golly would fit Lemaire's defense only system. Alex is an offensive defensman. I'd love to see him go there, but I doubt it. Heard from a friend that Lemaire is far too demanding for the average professional player. Too in their face non stop, even the veterans. If people don't agree, why do the top players always want to leave even when offered the same money to stay? Rolston was offered very close to what he chose to leave for and Gabby is being offered more than he'll likely get somewhere else. I'd guess it has more to do with the system and the man than anything else. In case anyone else hasn't noticed, the Wild haven't exactly won anything and ultimately can't because their system doesn't allow them to run and gun with their guys that can. The game has changed so much since the days the trap was super successful. Lemaire hasn't changed with the times.
Character is who you are when no one is watching

darkdemon

Re: Jersey

Post by darkdemon » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:43 am

Tenoverpar wrote:What about Gaborik to New Jersey for Parise and Gionta?

Together they make the same salary, Parise is a beast and New Jersey is very very Center heavy so they don't need him. Gionta is a workhorse that Minnesotans would love and is UFA after the year, Parise is on tap for 3 more at 3+ a year. THe other 7 mill the Wild save can certainly be put to good use. Of, don't spend the 7 mill and lower my "we gotta pay gabby someday" beer price a little bit. Give back to the givers
Too many American players in this trade for the wild for some reason they don't like american born hockey players :shock:
The DEMON

mngopher

Post by mngopher » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:10 pm

I say the Wild should trade him no before he bolts via free agency after the season

hockeyhair15

Post by hockeyhair15 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:31 am

Marry Anne is oubviously done, whats bothering me is that wild brass dont seem to be trying to move him, they are ok letting him sit on the IR all year, trade him so this distraction can finaly be over, i for one am glad to see him go whenever that is, i'm tired of his "lowerbody general soreness injuries" that he seems to get 4-5 times a year, and how we go out of our way to try and please him by signing his friends. i just hope we get some value for him.
enjoy this post while it lasts....

Indians forever

Post by Indians forever » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:18 pm

hockeyhair15 wrote:Marry Anne is oubviously done, whats bothering me is that wild brass dont seem to be trying to move him, they are ok letting him sit on the IR all year, trade him so this distraction can finaly be over, i for one am glad to see him go whenever that is, i'm tired of his "lowerbody general soreness injuries" that he seems to get 4-5 times a year, and how we go out of our way to try and please him by signing his friends. i just hope we get some value for him.
I think it is to late to get anything for him. he will walk a free man after this year.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:27 pm

HEEEEEE’S back, ok maybe 12-17-08.

Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:04 am

HOUNDS

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:24 pm

HEEEEEEEEE'S back, ok maybe 3-22-09

Hey i said that before? :roll: :roll: :roll:
What is the duration this time?