who will be the best sophmore in the state

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

my2cents

Post by my2cents » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:18 am

I'd say Bjugstad is answering this one. Another one worth mentioning is Hendrickson from Virginia.

EHSHack

Post by EHSHack » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:20 am

karl(east) wrote:
EHSHack wrote:Zac Schendel
Duluth East
Nolan Meyers hasnt made any impact. Hes a 4th liner at the moment but has alot of potential.
Schendel however is delivering right now. He has a couple goals and is a scrappy little player at about 5'8.
I've been impressed with Schendel so far, from what I've heard.

Any idea what's going on with Meyer? For all the hype he had, I'm a bit surprised he's not seeing regular ice time. Is he simply a victim of East's depth this year?
Alot of depth for sure, we have about 10 juniors playing JV, kids that won the Bantam A State Tourney freshman year....
But Meyers crashed the net in the Central game and then didnt play until Cloquet, but he got a good amount of ice time as well as sophmores Max Kotter, and Phil something. Backup soph goalie Jo-Jo Jeanetta also got about 1/2 a period.
Schendel just isnt afraid to play with the big boys. He had been on Bantam A's since 7th grade.
Go Hounds.

B

Post by B » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:19 pm

birkinbine for WB has been playing phenomenal lately. He has 2 hat tricks on the year already and is playing outstanding
losing is still far from optional

trum3boarder

Post by trum3boarder » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:52 pm

brett larsen from centennial

Papa Bergundy

Post by Papa Bergundy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:11 pm

EHSHack wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
Duluth East
Nolan Meyers hasnt made any impact. Hes a 4th liner at the moment but has alot of potential.
Schendel however is delivering right now. He has a couple goals and is a scrappy little player at about 5'8.

Any idea what's going on with Meyer? For all the hype he had, I'm a bit surprised he's not seeing regular ice time. Is he simply a victim of East's depth this year?
Alot of depth for sure, we have about 10 juniors playing JV, kids that won the Bantam A State Tourney freshman year....
But Meyers crashed the net in the Central game and then didnt play until Cloquet, but he got a good amount of ice time as well as sophmores Max Kotter, and Phil something. Backup soph goalie Jo-Jo Jeanetta also got about 1/2 a period.
Schendel just isnt afraid to play with the big boys. He had been on Bantam A's since 7th grade.
Fact check, I believe that title belongs to the Eden Prairie Eagles who defeated the Centennial Cougars in the Bantam A state championship game.
Stay Classy, Minnesota.

Duluth 4

Post by Duluth 4 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:20 pm

Papa Bergundy wrote:
EHSHack wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
Duluth East

Fact check, I believe that title belongs to the Eden Prairie Eagles who defeated the Centennial Cougars in the Bantam A state championship game.
#1 maybe it was VFW State? i dont know.

#2 With Meyer the kid has a lot of potential just needs to learn to be a smarter hockey player.
Release the Hounds. Trek to the X.

Dr Greenthumb

Post by Dr Greenthumb » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:30 pm

Tyler Pitlick

ehshockey

Post by ehshockey » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:39 pm

Matt Van Voorhis has came up real big for Edina. Especially just this weekend with only four defense for edina with both Regan and Heck out of the lineup with injuries.

wbmd

Post by wbmd » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:59 pm

Dr Greenthumb wrote:Tyler Pitlick
Tyler Pitlick is a senior.

Hockey3710

Post by Hockey3710 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:08 pm

I think meyer will make a break threw. He is a smart player.. schendel is good but he has gotten lucky a few times cause he has 2 decent line mates setting him up, as where meyer can help set up his line mates. I bet we will be seeing alot of the young soph meyer this year. And max kotter also, he has been stepping up his game i see. i was able to catch the cloquet games(jv,v) and kotter could also be seeing more ice time as well after how he played...

StateofHockeyFan

Post by StateofHockeyFan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:50 pm

i am pretty sure wbmd has already stated that tyler pitlick is a senior.

RushnCircles

Post by RushnCircles » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:21 pm

anyone happen to know what year pitlick is ?

Teak

Post by Teak » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:21 am

RushnCircles wrote:anyone happen to know what year pitlick is ?
I hear that he's BOTH a senior AND the best sophomore in the state!

:lol:

MnPride2

Post by MnPride2 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:15 am

Teak wrote:
RushnCircles wrote:anyone happen to know what year pitlick is ?
I hear that he's BOTH a senior AND the best sophomore in the state!

:lol:
ROTFLMAO :lol: :lol:

hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:06 am

B wrote:birkinbine for WB has been playing phenomenal lately. He has 2 hat tricks on the year already and is playing outstanding
invisible last night..

mnhcky65

Post by mnhcky65 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:16 pm

hockeyhockeyhockey wrote:
B wrote:birkinbine for WB has been playing phenomenal lately. He has 2 hat tricks on the year already and is playing outstanding
invisible last night..
thats one game, the biggest game of his sophomore year, he will shruig it off and get back to work.

irish99

Post by irish99 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:01 pm

TAYLORfor2 wrote:Jordan Shockley of the heavily favored marshall school of duluth HILLTOPPERS..... 2nd liner hes no joke!
Alright Shockley...pretty sure ive played with you before....not impressed.
and get a clue dude all your post are marshall hmmm

LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:42 am

Nick Bjugstad, leading a very good Blaine team in points, but we'll see how he does against one of the best teams in the state tommorow at Braemar

toddy101

Post by toddy101 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:50 pm

Ummm...Jordy Christianson from International Falls? Pretty sure hes a Sophomore, Pretty sure hes a really good player.

Shane Omdahl...1st line Roseau...Screw all these little kids playing on city teams, they vanish as soon as they hear the word "Contact".

Alex Lyon from Lake of the Woods? He was THE best Freshman Goalie last year. Sure, he doesnt get many shut outs, but you try and get a shut out averaging over 40 shots a game.

Yes i am from Northern Minnesota, and no, i didnt name myself.

myhockey

Post by myhockey » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:24 am

toddy101 wrote:Ummm...Jordy Christianson from International Falls? Pretty sure hes a Sophomore, Pretty sure hes a really good player.

Shane Omdahl...1st line Roseau...Screw all these little kids playing on city teams, they vanish as soon as they hear the word "Contact".

Alex Lyon from Lake of the Woods? He was THE best Freshman Goalie last year. Sure, he doesnt get many shut outs, but you try and get a shut out averaging over 40 shots a game.

Yes i am from Northern Minnesota, and no, i didnt name myself.
Just so you know Omdahl is not on the first line any longer.

hockeylover2011

Post by hockeylover2011 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:58 pm

I would say that ben marshall is without a doubt the best defenseman in the state. Anyone who says Ambros, he is a puck hog. There is more to being a top sophomore in the state than being showy and trying to take the puck end to end without passing once. I would say that Ambros has some skill, and if he learned to be a team member would be fairly good. However, I think that a mediocre player that passes well and is a team player is much better than a highly skilled player who tries to put on a one man show.

southernmnscout

Post by southernmnscout » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:17 pm

hockeylover2011 wrote:I would say that ben marshall is without a doubt the best defenseman in the state. Anyone who says Ambros, he is a puck hog. There is more to being a top sophomore in the state than being showy and trying to take the puck end to end without passing once. I would say that Ambros has some skill, and if he learned to be a team member would be fairly good. However, I think that a mediocre player that passes well and is a team player is much better than a highly skilled player who tries to put on a one man show.
Ambroz is in the USHL as someone stated earlier!

Mr.Penalty

Post by Mr.Penalty » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:17 am

i thought for SURE there would have been more talk about Max Birkinbine and Brandon Wahlin from white bear....they are both workin' great on the same line and are certainly scoring....ALOT!!!

RushnCircles

Post by RushnCircles » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:34 am

agreed ! - Wahlin is a feisty competitor, a great kid, and from what I hear, a top notch student.

hockeyhair15

Post by hockeyhair15 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:23 pm

irish99 wrote:
TAYLORfor2 wrote:Jordan Shockley of the heavily favored marshall school of duluth HILLTOPPERS..... 2nd liner hes no joke!
Alright Shockley...pretty sure ive played with you before....not impressed.
and get a clue dude all your post are marshall hmmm
although im a hilltopper alum, and admitidly bias, i gotta say the shockley kid is pretty sick, he has a great set of hands for any highschool kid. he only has 1 point so far so im not sure if hes having trouble adjusting to the highschool game or if coach Flaherty hasn't been giving him allot of ice. hopefully he can turn it arround and help a marshall squad that lost allot of firepower in mauslof
enjoy this post while it lasts....