Jesuit Rangers Varsity team from Dallas, TX

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

jesuitcoach

Jesuit Rangers Varsity team from Dallas, TX

Post by jesuitcoach »

The Jesuit Rangers Varsity team from Dallas, TX is looking to pick up a game on Saturday Jan. 3rd in the early afternoon. We will be staying in Blaine so we would prefer to play a team that located near Blaine.

If you are available and interested please contact Coach Smith at 214-532-2287
halla

Post by halla »

At such late notice, I wonder if you would have a better chance getting a game against a Junior Gold team (high school age non-varsity players). Unless your team is very very good, you would probably still find it to be decent competition. Maybe try contacting someone at the Minnesota Hockey Assocation and see if they can put you in touch with some teams that might want to pick up a game.
mch

Post by mch »

halla wrote:At such late notice, I wonder if you would have a better chance getting a game against a Junior Gold team (high school age non-varsity players). Unless your team is very very good, you would probably still find it to be decent competition. Maybe try contacting someone at the Minnesota Hockey Assocation and see if they can put you in touch with some teams that might want to pick up a game.
yah you're not going to be able to find many teams that can fit another game without going over the 25 game limit
dynamicD

Post by dynamicD »

They have hockey in Texas lol??? Isn't it still football season
mj79

Post by mj79 »

Maybe Sleepy Eye would be a good match up?? or shattuck.. :)
aeroshockey30

Post by aeroshockey30 »

I'm sure these guys are pretty good, best of luck to them! It will be a great experience for these guys. It will be hard to find teams to play with the high school teams already having games that day. I know hockey is getting pretty popular down in the great state of Texas. I think Hastings goalie Gleinser moved from Houston..... 8)
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

mch wrote:
halla wrote:At such late notice, I wonder if you would have a better chance getting a game against a Junior Gold team (high school age non-varsity players). Unless your team is very very good, you would probably still find it to be decent competition. Maybe try contacting someone at the Minnesota Hockey Assocation and see if they can put you in touch with some teams that might want to pick up a game.
yah you're not going to be able to find many teams that can fit another game without going over the 25 game limit
It would have to be a scrimmage and that does not count against their game total.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

I bet they could pick up a game with the Blaine JV. That would still probably be a good game.
Go Hounds.
murraychadwick

Post by murraychadwick »

Try the US womens team. I believe they are practicing at the Super rink over that time, and are usually looking for any scrimmages.
markp

Post by markp »

Coach: A couple of questions first...1. since your up here playing, what tourney are you playing in, and what level. 2. What Travel Teams if any, are your boy's playing for in Dallas? If they aren't playing on at least a Dallas AAA Tier I team level (or a comparable team) and the whole team not just your first line Try the Edina Jr Gold or other Jr. Gold teams (look on the Let's Play Hockey website for a list of the Ranked Jr. Gold teams)As posted by many so far, the H.S. teams can only play a set # of games up here.( Scrimmages are a different thing however) and really have thier hands tied. Knowing people in Texas that play Hockey, Travel Hockey is the best and H.S. is just a few travel kids with the rest being A/B level, you may want to really look at the Jr. Gold route. Whatever you find, good luck
jesuitcoach

Post by jesuitcoach »

We are not playing in a tourny, we are coming up to play Spring Lake Park and we have a few holes in our schedule that we would like to fill. We are not at the level of the Dallas Stars AAA tier 1 midget team, but we easily play at the top of the Major Midget AA level. All of our kids play for us and choose not to skate for travel teams. We played Spring Lake Park last season and lost 4-2 in a very tight game. So would should fall right around their level. We are just trying to fill a couple holes one on Saturday early afternoon, and one on Sunday morning. If any one knows of a team that would like to play us please have them call Coach Smith at 214-532-2287.
greenway1969

Post by greenway1969 »

If you are planning an annual trip to Minnesota, see if you can participate in one of the holiday tournaments next year. The Hibbing Christmas Tournament has difficulty getting the three participants it needs. You would play two solid teams (Hibbing and Grand Rapids) and one not very good team (Greenway). The schools are located in Northeastern Minnesota (about 200 miles north of the Twin Cities) and would be a very different environment and experience than the Twin Cities.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

EHSHack wrote:I bet they could pick up a game with the Blaine JV. That would still probably be a good game.
Jan 3rd Blaine JV doesn't have anything schedualed, not sure if you'd want to play our JV team but they are a solid Minnesota JV squad
jBlaze3000

Post by jBlaze3000 »

Jesuit Coach:
Please post your game times and locations. I live close to Blaine and might be interested in stopping by and seeing how far Texas hockey has come (since you guys stole the Stars from us). Thanks.
bardown30

Post by bardown30 »

This team has added a game vs. Edina Junior Gold A at 840 PM Sunday at Minnesota Made. Should be an interesting one.
jesuitcoach

Post by jesuitcoach »

The big game for us is on Monday Jan. 5th at Fogerty arena vs. Spring Lake Park. Game time is 7:50pm.
bardown30

Post by bardown30 »

jesuitcoach wrote:The big game for us is on Monday Jan. 5th at Fogerty arena vs. Spring Lake Park. Game time is 7:50pm.
I know Edina JGA is not who you initially came to play but they are a very good team, and could skate with many varsity teams here in the state(Mostly class A). I would not take them lightly just because they aren't a varsity team.
jBlaze3000

Post by jBlaze3000 »

Any word on how these games turned out?
my2cents

Post by my2cents »

Can't confirm exact scores as they are scrimmages w/o a scorekeeper:

Friday night: Coon Rapids HS over Dallas Jesuit 3 - 0

Saturday: Blaine over Dallas Jesuit 6 - 0 (the Blaine team was mostly JV plus a few HS players)

The Dallas team looked well coached and fairly skilled with good goaltending. They looked a bit physically small and couldn't quite handle the tempo of the Blaine team. They should benefit from playing at this higher level of competition than they normally see.
jBlaze3000

Post by jBlaze3000 »

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that they played Friday and Saturday. Anyone know anything about Sunday against Edina's Junior Gold A team and Monday against Spring Lake Park?
Iceburg

Post by Iceburg »

jBlaze3000 wrote:Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that they played Friday and Saturday. Anyone know anything about Sunday against Edina's Junior Gold A team and Monday against Spring Lake Park?
From "Follow the Puck":
Dallas Jesuit (TX) 5, Spring Lake Park 2
DJ: Chris Boe 2g, 1a, Hunter Roach/Eamonn Crumblish/Matt Nitishin 1g, 1a ea
SLP: Nick Turbitt & AJ Fossen 1 goal each, Luke Gerding 2 assists
DJ: Brenden Cain 25 Saves | SLP: Bryce Mach 30 Saves
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

jBlaze3000 wrote:Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that they played Friday and Saturday. Anyone know anything about Sunday against Edina's Junior Gold A team and Monday against Spring Lake Park?
Edina 5-2.
Be kind. Rewind.
jBlaze3000

Post by jBlaze3000 »

I saw on the junior gold forum that Edina (JG-A) beat Dallas 4-2. Sounds like the Dallas team was competitive at least.

I'm always curious to see how hockey is doing elsewhere in the US and from what I've heard Texas has a burgeoning youth program. I can imagine how good it must feel to walk into a cold arena when it's 110 degrees outside in the summer.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

So am I correct in the assuming the best players Texas can assemble just beat a mediocre MN team by only 3 goals? Or is just a regular high school? Which brings up the question, how the heck did Spring Lake Park lose to a TEXAS team, no offense meant.
Go Hounds.
jesuitcoach

Post by jesuitcoach »

ACCURATE scores update:

Game (scrimmage)#1- Coon Rapids 1, Jesuit 2
Game (scrimmage)#2- Spring Lake Park 3, Jesuit 4
Game (scrimmage)#3- Blaine 4, Jesuit 0
Game #4- Edina Jr Gold 5(empty net), Jesuit 2
Game #5- Spring Lake Park 2, Jesuit 5

thanks to everyone that made our trip a huge success!

We are a true high school team comprised of freshmen-seniors that all attend Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas.
2008 Texas State Champions