tartan vs rubellkeless nsp

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mighty Titans vs Lowly Polars

Poll ended at Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:18 pm

Mighty Titans
54%
Lowly Polars
46%

Total votes: 13

titanzdman

tartan vs rubellkeless nsp

Post by titanzdman »

tartan 8-1. rubellke sitting this one out with suspension.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

i didnt see an option for the tiny titans so i couldnt vote
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
stpaul

Tartan - NSP

Post by stpaul »

Joe Rubbelke is a good player but hasn't made much of a difference. NSP has bad goaltending & a bad coach. Jerry Diebel continues to schedule weak non-conference opponents, is happy to beat Simley & Sibley and his teams lack any discipline.
mch

Re: tartan vs rubellkeless nsp

Post by mch »

titanzdman wrote:tartan 8-1. rubellke sitting this one out with suspension.
what for?
hs hockey fan

Post by hs hockey fan »

mch wrote:
what for?
I heard he got an spearing penalty but i don't know if it is true or not.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

hs hockey fan wrote:
mch wrote:
what for?
I heard he got an spearing penalty but i don't know if it is true or not.
A spearing penalty it was.
http://mbhsh.stats.pointstreak.com/game ... eid=881415
Hockeygod54

Post by Hockeygod54 »

North St. Paul 3
Tartan 2
cody53193

Post by cody53193 »

Hockeygod54 wrote:North St. Paul 3
Tartan 2
Tartan 3

North St. Paul 1

FINAL.
pucknutz

Post by pucknutz »

cody53193 wrote:
Tartan 2
Tartan 3

North St. Paul 1

FINAL.
If I were a NSP fan I would be quite upset, the non calls that went against the Polars all night was amazing. Tartan had some of the most blatant cheap shots with the apparent intent to cause great bodily harm. 27's elbow was hideous. 17's slashing penalty was gross. It was not needed. Tartan showed a lot of class against HM earlier, tonight they were disgusting.
thorhockey

Post by thorhockey »

Ah pucknuts you made a deal with titanzdman that you woudnt post anymore if tartan beat Richfield by more than 5 goals -they shut em out 6 - 0.
Are you not a man (boy) of your word??
You way over exaggerated those calls. Chippy on both sides - it's hockey things get rough sometimes.
pucknutz

Post by pucknutz »

thorhockey wrote:Ah pucknuts you made a deal with titanzdman that you woudnt post anymore if tartan beat Richfield by more than 5 goals -they shut em out 6 - 0.
Are you not a man (boy) of your word??
You way over exaggerated those calls. Chippy on both sides - it's hockey things get rough sometimes.
Lets see if you feel that way if someone runs YOUR son like that. Sorry Dad it's hockey things get rough sometimes, so excuse my lumberjack style two hander to his head. Thorhockey, you need to watch the whole game, not just your kid. [-X
Husky88

Post by Husky88 »

PuckNutz - I agree - there is no need for those type of cheap shots. From what I hear, another Tartan player was out there spearing kids last night (and not getting called for it). Tartan has always been known as a physical team but it sounds like they have crossed the line and become a cheap, goonish team that goes out to see who they could injure.
pucknutz

Post by pucknutz »

Husky88 wrote:PuckNutz - I agree - there is no need for those type of cheap shots. From what I hear, another Tartan player was out there spearing kids last night (and not getting called for it). Tartan has always been known as a physical team but it sounds like they have crossed the line and become a cheap, goonish team that goes out to see who they could injure.
There is no way thorhockey was watching the game. 27 came from the blueline to the corner, wide open, to throw an elbow to the head of a Polar player, who then crumpled momentarily to the ice. 17 goes offside and puts a vicious two hander to the back of a kids legs. Nobody from the Polars did anything to instigate those two infractions. More spearing last night than I would care to elaborate on. I am NOT a Polars fan either, it was that blatant. But, I guess according to thorhockey...thats all part of the game!!! Yes hockey is a collision sport,yes penalties happen, but blatant intent to injure is way out of hand! thorhockey pull your head out of your @$$ =;
titanzdman

Post by titanzdman »

pucknutz wrote:
Husky88 wrote:PuckNutz - I agree - there is no need for those type of cheap shots. From what I hear, another Tartan player was out there spearing kids last night (and not getting called for it). Tartan has always been known as a physical team but it sounds like they have crossed the line and become a cheap, goonish team that goes out to see who they could injure.
There is no way thorhockey was watching the game. 27 came from the blueline to the corner, wide open, to throw an elbow to the head of a Polar player, who then crumpled momentarily to the ice. 17 goes offside and puts a vicious two hander to the back of a kids legs. Nobody from the Polars did anything to instigate those two infractions. More spearing last night than I would care to elaborate on. I am NOT a Polars fan either, it was that blatant. But, I guess according to thorhockey...thats all part of the game!!! Yes hockey is a collision sport,yes penalties happen, but blatant intent to injure is way out of hand! thorhockey pull your head out of your @$$ =;
boo hoo...cry babies \:D/
mnhockeydadof2

Post by mnhockeydadof2 »

Tartan has a good team this year... but I agree with the above that they left their class at home and played with spite - and they didn't need to.

they won by two - one being an empty net - the kid who celebrated that is retarded. How hard is it to do that? He must not score often enough. don't get me wrong good for you that you got a goal. i give more credit to the kid who slid it in the 5 hole.
thorhockey

Post by thorhockey »

Go play chess pucknutz , and get off the board as you agreed. I saw it like the refs did - yes intentional (and not smart) but not to harm - or else they would have called a DQ. You've never played hockey or else you would understand that many penalties are done out of anger and retaliation- much like fighting in the NHL.That's why players are sent to the cooler or off the ice.

And take Husky88 with ya - you both are way out of line, 27 was virtually standing still with the elbow ,and 17's slash was on the leg pads. end of story
pucknutz

Post by pucknutz »

thorhockey wrote:Go play chess pucknutz and get off the board as you agreed. I saw it like the refs did yes intentional (and not smart) but not to harm - or else they would have called a DQ. You've never played hockey or else you would understand that many penalties are done out of anger and retaliation- much like fighting in the NHL.

Hey brainiac thorhockey you say: Okay so 27 skates in and (your words) "intentionally" threw a vicious flying elbow to the head of the NSP player, bouncing his head off the glass. But, (your words) he wanted to do no harm. Penalties are done out of anger and retaliation (your words). So does that make it any less destructive? 17s went offside, so he gives the NSP a two handed chop to the back of the legs again intentionally, and again he meant no harm? A fight in the NHL is two players squaring off, both know whats coming. In your genius hockey mind, what Todd Bertuzzi did to Steve Moore was okay. He intentionally sucker punched Moore in the side of the head, then jumped on him as he lay on the ice. Moore suffered three fractured vertebrae in his neck, a grade three concussion, vertebral ligament damage, stretching of the brachial plexus nerves, and facial cuts. To date, Moore has not appeared in another professional hockey game. The things I saw last night were outside the boundaries of hockey. Yes there are going to be times when a player gets the elbows up by accident. This wasn't one of those times. You don't come from that far away and do that by accident...that kid didn't know what hit him as he was along the boards digging for the puck. Slashes too happen as part of the game, but, when its a two hander to the back of someones legs, he didn't have any reason to expect that, he'd let up because the whistle blew the play offside....thats was no accident either. Just like the Bertuzzi and Moore "fight". Bertuzzi acted out of anger and tried to hurt Moore. Thorhockey, this isn't the NHL or Jrs. This is High School Hockey in Minnesota, I sure hope that they're aren't many with as twisted view on whats right and whats wrong. I'm telling you Dad, if it happened to your kid you'd be singing a whole different story. But, because it was YOUR MIGHTY TITANS... well they can't do any wrong...it was just good physical hockey. Listen, I like the hard hitting as much as the next guy, but, cheap crap is cheap crap. [-X Tartan has a nice team, they don't need to play that way at all.
titanmgr.radatz

Post by titanmgr.radatz »

pucknutz wrote:
cody53193 wrote:
Tartan 2
Tartan 3

North St. Paul 1

FINAL.
If I were a NSP fan I would be quite upset, the non calls that went against the Polars all night was amazing. Tartan had some of the most blatant cheap shots with the apparent intent to cause great bodily harm. 27's elbow was hideous. 17's slashing penalty was gross. It was not needed. Tartan showed a lot of class against HM earlier, tonight they were disgusting.
The non calls went against both teams that night. The refs weren't great. Both teams were pretty chippy that night, but what do you expect? Its North vs. Tartan, both been rivals since god knows when.
thorhockey

Post by thorhockey »

Take a deep breath now puck "nuts" You win (kinda)
I like good non cheap, non violent hockey like the next guy.

Next time don't forget to use
[/rant]....... [rant] symbols so we can recognize what you are doing
inthebox

Post by inthebox »

just to throw this out there, Steve moore was attacked by Todd Bertuzzi because Crawford told his players to hunt him down for cheap shotting Marcus Naslund the night before. I will admit it was a huge cheap shot though. Hockey is a rough sport and there were some obvious shots in the North/Tartan game, but to compare the Todd Bertuzzi shot to a pinch in the offensive zone is rediculous.
pucknutz

Post by pucknutz »

inthebox wrote:just to throw this out there, Steve moore was attacked by Todd Bertuzzi because Crawford told his players to hunt him down for cheap shotting Marcus Naslund the night before. I will admit it was a huge cheap shot though. Hockey is a rough sport and there were some obvious shots in the North/Tartan game, but to compare the Todd Bertuzzi shot to a pinch in the offensive zone is rediculous.
correct, therby validating that it was deliberate with intent to injure. in no way was it a comparison to the high school game...simply an analogy. I would guess by your screen name that you are a player for Tartan, oh, and also your spelling of the word ridiculous was also a dead giveaway!
WoodStickSniper

score

Post by WoodStickSniper »

Nsp 5
Richfield 6
bigbopper

Rubellke, still not enough to get by Richfield!

Post by bigbopper »

Hey Woodstick,
I heard from a source at the game, Rubellke wasn't even the best player on the ice. Did you see the game?
Not many penalties I see, maybe NSP should go back to cheap shots or possibly switching tenders.
Toy looked tired against TARTAN.
:evil: