BSM vs. St.Franny......

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

TheSniper09

BSM vs. St.Franny......

Post by TheSniper09 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:48 pm

what was the score and how many did benik have did he break the record?

anyone know?
-Snipes

PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:55 pm

Last I heard it was 6-3 in the third period for Benilde. Benik had a goal and an assist.

PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:00 pm

6-3 was the final.

Benik ties the record with his 62nd goal, and also added an assist.

son28

Post by son28 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:29 pm

i guess benik can score against good teams

chiefofmedicine

Post by chiefofmedicine » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:50 am

that kid can play, just saw a clip of him on fox9 news.... some sick moves on BSM and his goal was dirty
this isnt some throw away game up in Rochester....

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:12 am

MYFOXHOCKEY.COM ---- I think he broke that defencemens ankles. How moronic the Benik bashers are. :lol:
Last edited by MrBoDangles on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:23 am

Do you have a link for it?

Elvis

Post by Elvis » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:52 am

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/page/show/32760-home#

The one he didn't score on is amazing!

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:11 am

The kid obviously has some offensive talent.

Let me ask you this though...How does a division 1 kid not even get a shot off against a high school team. I believe St. Francis had 11 shots on net with 0 in the second period. Benilde is a good team, but they are not even in the top 15 according to this site.

I am not going to bash the kid, but it seems that a D1 kid would be able to pull off one shot alone in a period against a team like Benilde.

I think the kid has offensive ability, but as a ways to go as far as being a well rounded hockey player.

hockeyboys

Post by hockeyboys » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:16 am

Takes a whole team.
1 kid can not do it all alone. This is a team sport. There are good players on bad teams. and one player can not do it all.

son28

Post by son28 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:28 am

very true hockeyboys

gopherhockey99

Post by gopherhockey99 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:46 am

Benik definitely has some solid talent. Those were some good moves on the BSM defenders. I know a lot has been made of his schedule, opponents, etc. but after finally getting to see some footage of him lately I have been very impressed.

EZgoalscorer

Post by EZgoalscorer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:49 pm

Nice to finally see some footage, kid looks pretty legit to me.

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:21 pm

I was at the game and I was thoroughly unimpressed for all the hype he's receiving. He's a very good player and it's very clear that he's above average but D1? Benilde's D completely shut him down other than his goal and one other nice play. For as many rushes as he had, to only have two good plays isn't that impressive. If you look at highlight videos, of course you're going to be impressed. If you watch the whole game you're going to realize that he was shut down for almost the entire game.
The U invented swagger.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:06 pm

:^o

teko11

Post by teko11 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:29 pm

Seeing him play in only one game isn't even enough to throw out scouting reports Goldy.

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:00 pm

teko11 wrote:Seeing him play in only one game isn't even enough to throw out scouting reports Goldy.
One game isn’t enough. At the same time, we see a few people on here taking an even smaller sample than that from a video and running to conclusions. At least the guy you are responding to was at the game. Take any game and you could find a couple of nice video highlights for a decent chunk of players out there.

I had to laugh at Gorg last night acting like because a guy can pump in one goal against an above average team, it legitimizes everything else. I guess that means even players with no D1 future that score on BSM must be legit too.

No wonder everybody thinks Gorg is a joke. :roll:

teko11

Post by teko11 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:08 pm

Gopher Blog wrote:
teko11 wrote:Seeing him play in only one game isn't even enough to throw out scouting reports Goldy.
One game isn’t enough. At the same time, we see a few people on here taking an even smaller sample than that from a video and running to conclusions. At least the guy you are responding to was at the game. Take any game and you could find a couple of nice video highlights for a decent chunk of players out there.
:roll:

Agreed.

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Gopher Blog wrote:
One game isn’t enough. At the same time, we see a few people on here taking an even smaller sample than that from a video and running to conclusions. :roll:
To define a great player, you have to see what he is doing without the puck! Hi-lights are great, but what is he doing the other 20 - 30 minutes out on the ice? :idea:

Saywhat?03

Post by Saywhat?03 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:43 pm

I dont care who you are... From just watching that small highlight, it takes a special skill set to be able to JUST pull off those moves close to full speed on the way to the net!! That is just flat out athletic ability, and just may be good enough to make an impact at a D1 level

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:22 pm

BodyShots wrote:
Gopher Blog wrote:
One game isn’t enough. At the same time, we see a few people on here taking an even smaller sample than that from a video and running to conclusions. :roll:
To define a great player, you have to see what he is doing without the puck! Hi-lights are great, but what is he doing the other 20 - 30 minutes out on the ice? :idea:
And the answer for Benik...at least last night, was not a whole lot.
The U invented swagger.

SCSUHOCKEYFAN15

Post by SCSUHOCKEYFAN15 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:45 pm

Goldy Gopher wrote:
BodyShots wrote:
Gopher Blog wrote:
Just a jealous rodent fan . . .if he was a rodent recruit I wonder what Goldy would be saying about him then?

defense

Post by defense » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:52 pm

SCSUHOCKEYFAN15 wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
BodyShots wrote:
Gopher Blog wrote:
Just a jealous rodent fan . . .if he was a rodent recruit I wonder what Goldy would be saying about him then?
I think St. Cloud State has some great years coming pretty quick... some solid talent to that program from central Minnesota and the TC.....

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:33 pm

SCSUHOCKEYFAN15 wrote:
Goldy Gopher wrote:
BodyShots wrote:
Gopher Blog wrote:
Umm...The exact same thing?
The U invented swagger.

scoreboard33

Post by scoreboard33 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Goldy Gopher wrote:
BodyShots wrote:
Gopher Blog wrote:
It really doesn't matter. One game definitely is enough to evaluate a players college potential. While it sounds like he didn't play great, he definitely showed a clip of some offensive skill and the amount of defense a star player plays is probably based on his coaches decision. At SCSU, Motzko will change the way they ask Benik to play and hope that he still has his skating, stickhandling and scoring ability. With kids like Benik, college coaches look for a few key things and ask themselves if they think they can coach the kid into a legit player.