Elite II = Section 8 <p></p><i></i>
Hot Ice 7

Re: Best teams in Elite I and Elite II

Post by Hot Ice 7 »

Why don't you look at the standings? <p></p><i></i>
RBK sniper

Post by RBK sniper »

Because standings arent always what makes a team...otherwise I wouldnt of posted this topic... <p></p><i></i>
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

Elite II = Section 8 <p></p><i></i>
DuluthEastHockeydotCom

Post by DuluthEastHockeydotCom »

RLstars, sniper is right. Like EA Sports says, "It's in the Game".<br>I'd put 7 right up there with your 8. 7 may not be scoring fiends, but it appears that according to the total games played they have they lowest GAA. But, as they say, that's why we play the games. We'll know in two weeks when we see who ends up on top. <p><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>www.dulutheasthockey.com</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>the home of Hound Hockey!<br><br>Edd<br><br></p><i></i>
hockey81

Section 7a/aa

Post by hockey81 »

EliteII= Section 7a/aa<br><br>I think section 7 is the best team in the eliteII league. They have beaten section 8, and they have tied them twice. They can compete with any of the teams in the league. They have a solid goaltender(Ben leis), and they have some good forwards. They are a good working team, and it will be interesting to see how they do in the playoffs <p></p><i></i>
BNTL

Post by BNTL »

<br>What team does Brandon Martell play for? In Elite 1 <p></p><i></i>
lace em up07

Post by lace em up07 »

elite 2 section 8 is not the best team.. they cant be if one of the badest teams (3a/2aa) just beat them 4-1 <p></p><i></i>
Sioux Fan

Post by Sioux Fan »

In our league it depends on who is in the net and who is in the lineup from game to game. When Section 8 puts it's top guys on the ice they are very good. When Section 1 puts their best effort in they are hard to beat. In Conference they have lost two 1 goal games and are 8-2 with one game left vs North Dakota in Fargo this Saturday night. If they win they will be at least tied for 1st place. <p>Hockey Nut in So. MN</p><i></i>
PAMESH

Post by PAMESH »

Section 6 is on a 6 game undefeated streak. They beat Dakota, Section 1, Sec 2A/3AA and Wis. They tied Dakota and 3A/2AA. They are playing well getting good goaltending and strong defense. If they could just get everyone to the games. <p></p><i></i>
Sioux Fan

Post by Sioux Fan »

I like the Section 6 team they have a lot of talent and are playing with a lot of toughness for a young group.<br><br>They should be a force to deal with in the year end tourney at Stillwater. Should be some great hockey to see.<br><br>Teams will have to be at their best to win. <p>Hockey Nut in So. MN</p><i></i>
JLS 81

Elite 2 Website?

Post by JLS 81 »

Sioux Fan, does elite 2 have a website where "joe sixpack" can check out statistics, rosters and scheduled games? Thanks in advance. <p></p><i></i>
NPGandyDancer

Post by NPGandyDancer »

PAM. see you in New Hope where team Wisc. should take it all! <p></p><i></i>
ALhockey

Post by ALhockey »

JLS 81 here you go<br> <br><br>www.elite2hockey.com <p></p><i></i>
inthefairway

Post by inthefairway »

Word around town is the prestigious Elite hockey league has turned into nothing but goon hockey. Fights and player ejections are happening every week. Referees have also commented on the dirty play and abusive language they have to put up with by players. <br><br>One scout was so disgusted he left after the first game on Saturday and flew back home to the East Coast.<br><br>Mr. Russo - what happened to your league of skating and skills? <p></p><i></i>
Sioux Fan

Post by Sioux Fan »

How many fights have there been? I am sure that a fight or two in real competitive hockey games is awful...<br><br>I also know that abusive language is highly uncommon in Ice Hockey especially those who attend eastern colleges....<br><br>Wow this is highly competitive Ice Hockey teams correct.<br><br>What is the penalty for fighting are you gone for the whole weekend? <p>Hockey Nut in So. MN</p><i></i>
inthefairway

elite hockey

Post by inthefairway »

To answer your question, i understand there has been fighting and dirty play (sticks/elbows) every weekend.<br><br>I've been around plenty of hockey so i understand your points about fighting and the language in hockey but these are high school kids number one and just because fighting and foul language may be the "norm" or "cool" for hockey doesn't make it right for high school kids.<br><br>On another point, this league since its' inception has touted what a great skill and skating league it is. Russo has come out repeatedly and said there will be zero tolerance for this type of crap.<br><br>I'm sure there had been some good hockey as well and I'm no saint by any means but it is disappointing to hear, i didn't think that was what this league was about. <p></p><i></i>
GNHogger

Re: elite hockey

Post by GNHogger »

intherough. the same conditions exist with the fall leagues. showcase hockey and the lake league (the burnsville varsity coaches baby). sure the players are a notch below the elite skaters but the rough-house play and slandering are there. doesn't matter what russo does or does not do, those playing conditions will exist in the elite league. hey, things will tighten up with the coaches running the show are in control and the officials turn the screws on the "bad-boys" starting the end of november! <p></p><i></i>
inthefairway

Re: elite hockey

Post by inthefairway »

Swiner,<br><br>Thank you, you just emphasized my point - the Elite League wasn't <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>supposed</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> to be like some fall league or showcase league. It sure is behaving like one. <p></p><i></i>
hockeymind

elite one

Post by hockeymind »

is there a website for the elite one? <p></p><i></i>
elliott70

in the fairway

Post by elliott70 »

I would like to know what games you have watched.<br>I saw 12 games the last two weekeknds. At the end of one game there was a fight (if you call two guys rolling on the ice a fight) between a Great Plains player and two SW players.<br><br>On almost every penalty called the players went right to the box - no stick banging or swearing.<br><br>And the scouts I spoke with were all pleased with the level of play - both in skill and in speed.<br><br>If you want to speak of events, then detail those activities so we know what games/players/venues so the rest of us know if you have first hand knowledge, whether it is hearsay, or just rumors. <p></p><i></i>
war hock

elite 1

Post by war hock »

www.hselitehockey.com <p></p><i></i>
Tucker1616

Fight

Post by Tucker1616 »

How was that fight that you saw? <p></p><i></i>
elliott70

Re: Fight

Post by elliott70 »

Like I said ... not much of fight .. a few punches and then down on the ice, then some pushing and shoving... <br>2 SW kids were tossed...<br>the one had a little cut on his chin and lip...<br>Tight hockey games all weekend and everyone was going 100% so emotions were high. <p></p><i></i>