Moorhead vs Roseau - Section 8AA Championship 3/4/09

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win?

Moorhead
42%
Roseau
43%
I don't care
15%

Total votes: 114

CitiesSpudsGuy

Moorhead vs Roseau - Section 8AA Championship 3/4/09

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

Here we go again. Let's get it started. Round 3 gets underway Wednesday night at 7:00. Who wins and why?
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

Moranville is still coaching? Rams win, he makes excuses. Maybe Moranville can get the sections realigned so he doesn't have to play Roseau. :shock:
defense

Post by defense »

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:Moranville is still coaching? Rams win, he makes excuses. Maybe Moranville can get the sections realigned so he doesn't have to play Roseau. :shock:
Who is Moranville????
Roseauverrated

Post by Roseauverrated »

Haha I absolutely love the "I don't care" option. The winner of this game will most likely lose in the first round of state anyway, especially if it's Roseau.
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

defense wrote:
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:Moranville is still coaching? Rams win, he makes excuses. Maybe Moranville can get the sections realigned so he doesn't have to play Roseau. :shock:
Who is Moranville????
When the guy wins something he'll get the respect of not having his named mispelled.
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Roseauverrated wrote:Haha I absolutely love the "I don't care" option. The winner of this game will most likely lose in the first round of state anyway, especially if it's Roseau.
The winner of this game will be at state. How about Edina?
Roseauverrated

Post by Roseauverrated »

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
Roseauverrated wrote:Haha I absolutely love the "I don't care" option. The winner of this game will most likely lose in the first round of state anyway, especially if it's Roseau.
I don't understand what your trying to say here.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Roseauverrated wrote:
I don't understand what your trying to say here.
It's one of these: Image

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
O-townClown

AFP

Post by O-townClown »

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:The winner of this game will be at state. How about Edina?
AFP, you were not one of the many obnoxious Roseau fans last season. Supportive, but never over the top.

Edina will be in state if they get past a very good and a little young Jefferson team. If they don't? Well, the senior class goes down as a bunch of what might've beens.

Roseau sent their ballyhooed undefeateds to St. Paul last year and the season ended with back-to-back losses...the second possibly even classified as embarrassing. Do you disagree with the post? Should Roseau make it out of VIII it isn't like they are contending to win it.

Whoever wins II should be considered at worst a co-favorite.

Next year II will be loaded again as Holy Angels should be very good, Jefferson is the likely preseason #1, and Edina looks for life with a team built around forwards like Sit and Taft.

Slam Edina all you want...this doesn't seem like the year to do that.
Be kind. Rewind.
SEMNHOCKEYFAN

Post by SEMNHOCKEYFAN »

last i checked this was a roseau/moorhead forum.....not a edina n state forum......if you want to bash edina.....start a topic.....there gonna lose to jefferson anyway.....

anyway my pick........

Im going with the spuds to beat the rams 5-2
northhockey23

Post by northhockey23 »

Rams-4
Spuds-3
Papa Bergundy

Post by Papa Bergundy »

Mama always told me you can only bake potatoes twice.

She also said if they're from Moorhead, that rule doesn't apply.

Roseau 4 Moorhead 3 OT
Stay Classy, Minnesota.
newSPUDfan

Post by newSPUDfan »

I think Moorhead is a better team and has the better chance at state. That being said, the Spuds have not swept the season with Roseau in a long time..... Should be a good one.
Taters - 4
Sheep - 3 OT
defense

Post by defense »

defense wrote:
Who is Moranville????
When the guy wins something he'll get the respect of not having his named mispelled.
Really, who is Moranville, and what does he have to do with this game????
:evil: :evil:
blueblood

Morinville

Post by blueblood »

What rock have you been living under? :roll:
He's the coach at Spudville.
Northland Crackshot

Post by Northland Crackshot »

Roseau's defence will have a hard time defending Moorehead's
quick forwards. Roseau has a chance, but I wouldn't bet a dime on them.
Roseau will need to put up at least 4 or 5 on the board to be in this game.
defense

Re: Morinville

Post by defense »

blueblood wrote:What rock have you been living under? :roll:
He's the coach at Spudville.
Really?? I haven't been living under any rock, I just know that the head coach of the Moorhead High School boys hockey team is Dave Morinville, not Moranville. :twisted:
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

I didn't ask for your biased comments about the coach. Stay on topic or stay out.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Why would he NOT want to play Roseau? Since he started coaching in Spudville, he is 20-8-0 against 'em. Why would he want to throw away those extra wins every year? (Just kinda like herding a wayward flock of sheep).
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Rams 5-4 OT
hockeyrocks

Post by hockeyrocks »

Agreed. Not only will the lose the first game put the second game at State as well. It will make for an early trip back to the northwoods!

Its going to be a disapointing tourney for the outstate teams as I see an All Metro championship in both Classes.
knotts

Post by knotts »

hockeyrocks wrote:
Agreed. Not only will the lose the first game put the second game at State as well. It will make for an early trip back to the northwoods!

Its going to be a disapointing tourney for the outstate teams as I see an All Metro championship in both Classes.
I have to disagree with the suggestion that the Section 8 champion has no chance at state. Did we forget Moorhead went to OT with undefeated and #1 ranked Jefferson and tied #2 ranked Centennial? Nobody played a tougher schedule all year. I don't believe there will be any "underdogs" at state. Believe me, at state, Moorhead will not be taken lightly.
HasNoMoves

Post by HasNoMoves »

will be a good game, usually is between these two teams...i think its time for a fresh face from the section, roseau is down this year, moorhead is still unimpressive this season, but i think the spuds will take it...where is this game being played? in st. cloud even though it's two northern teams? if so, what time...i might have to sneak over there to the NHC if it is.
Ram Hockey

Post by Ram Hockey »

Game is being played at Ralph Engelstad Arena in Thief River Falls. Just a little longer drive for you to see the Rams win. Go Rams!!
nordski48

Post by nordski48 »

This is going to be close, but Logan Marks is playing his best hockey right now.. And sure the spuds have a little cold going around but should be at full strength, it will start out a little slow to but once Moorhead puts the first one in than they will just start to dominate.

3-1 Moorhead...Go Spuds :)