Mpls/Park vs. Johnson team brawl

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

blainehockeymom

Mpls/Park vs. Johnson team brawl

Post by blainehockeymom »

Last edited by blainehockeymom on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marty McSorely

Post by Marty McSorely »

And that's suprising? Johnson should rename themselves from Govs to Goon's!
bafata88

Post by bafata88 »

Perhaps the names of individual players should not be posted.
hockey501

Post by hockey501 »

Maybe its the parents in the stands that were fighting that ought to have their names published.
conditioningsucks

Post by conditioningsucks »

[quote="hockey501"]Maybe its the parents in the stands that were fighting that ought to have their names published.[/quote]

Wouldn't have been this guy --- would it?

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S764759.shtml?cat=1

Anyone at the game last night can confirm if this idiot was back at it? If so, Johnson Hockey Association and Minnesota Hockey should get a restraining order making sure that this guy can't show up at a rink in Minnesota ever again (he he --- I'd hate to be the guy that would have to get by the German Shepards in order to deliver the order!).

I'd post his picture and his name now but wouldn't want to do that if he wasn't involved. :P
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

How many times has MNPLS Park gotten into this sort of stuff this year. Has the team been disciplined?
mplsparkpride7

Post by mplsparkpride7 »

haha blainehockeymom, was Johnson throwing the racial slurs around again?
*nice pass a s they go tic tac*
BoomIjustHitYou

Post by BoomIjustHitYou »

who won the fight? and the cop in the video says swaring isnt apart of the game but it is.
payday

Post by payday »

Who cares about the fight. Just play the game. The question should be who won?
The Truth

The facts

Post by The Truth »

I am here to tell people to get the facts straight. Johnson always comes of as thugs and goons. Was anyone at the game? At the end of the game the Mpls/Park players jumped on the Johnson center and started a brawl. The Mpls/Park bench emptied and got into the fight. Did anyone notice the Johnson coach hold all his players back? What happened next was the whole Mpls/Park team trying to beat on the only players on the ice for Johnson. What do you want the Johnson players to do? They had to try to protect themselves. After all that went down the referee throws out one guy from Mpls/Park and one from Johnson. Something is wrong there. I commend the Johnson players and coaches for not making a crazy situation worse.
hockeyboys

Post by hockeyboys »

What level was this? Bantam? A or B?
jackstraw

fight

Post by jackstraw »

I was informed by DD that Park will have 3 guys out for the entire region tourney.
bafata88

Post by bafata88 »

The Johnson players were the aggressors/instigators, without question. The Mpls Park players were the retaliators; and who gets tagged, the retaliators, pretty much always. It was an unfortunate incident from all sides and appropriate consequences, we are sure, will be handed down.
gretzguy

Post by gretzguy »

So again, was this Bantam or Peewee this time?
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

gretzguy wrote:So again, was this Bantam or Peewee this time?
Bantam A.
CINBHockeyParent

Post by CINBHockeyParent »

The Truth wrote:Johnson always comes of as thugs and goons. Was anyone at the game?
As they should. No, i was not at the game but my son has played johnson before, and they weren't exactly angels.
32HockeyFan

Post by 32HockeyFan »

So we have yet another Johnson bashing thread. I'll provide an opposite viewpoint once again on what I've seen from the Johnson Bantam A team. My son has played this team the past 4 years and we have never had any issues at all. We played in the Johnson Governor's Cup a couple years back and were treated with nothing but respect. I cannot speak for this incident but every thread about Johnson being a bunch of thugs seems to start from a Mpls Park game. As I recall, it takes two to fight. If you want to play against some real thugs, play the current Fort Frances Ontario Tags Bantam A team.
rbkhockey4life

Post by rbkhockey4life »

Sounds like the same exact situation Saint CLoud and Grand Rapids got into Rapids was playing a heck of a game taking the body and beating St CLoud 5 to 0 when a kid from rapids came across the blue line and while in his back swing of his slap shot the whistle blows and well pretty much impossible for the kids to stop his shot and Saint CLoud didint like that and there coach was yelling at the whole team to clear the bench and the whole Saint CLoud team was beating up on five Rapids kid who were trying to ge there team mates out of the brawl.
jackstraw

Park

Post by jackstraw »

If the Park kids did nothing, why are 3 of them sitting out the entire regional tourney?
edinahornetkid24

Post by edinahornetkid24 »

I know a kid who plays peewee A for mpls-park he told me about it