Roseau Coach Resigns

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

DubCHAGuy

Roseau Coach Resigns

Post by DubCHAGuy » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:52 am

Scott Oliver resigned as Head Coach at Roseau. Who will the new coach be?

wbmd

Re: Roseau Coach Resigns

Post by wbmd » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:18 am

DubCHAGuy wrote:Scott Oliver resigned as Head Coach at Roseau. Who will the new coach be?
That's really no surprise since his son is a senior.

viewfromthetop

Post by viewfromthetop » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:02 pm

Whats olivers plan. Is he staying in Roseau. Good time to go, looks like Roseau will be down( relatively speaking) for a few years until the Pee Wee group gets in there. He was there for a great ride.

Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:15 pm

Lundbohm gets the nod. Oliver spends the year enjoying the commute to Fargo, and then moves on to his next gig. Have a feeling he'll be behind the bench next fall. 8)

Indians forever

Post by Indians forever » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:56 am

If this is True I say give the spot to Billy Lund!!

WiKKeD1

Post by WiKKeD1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:47 pm

Im going to guess that Head Coach will be Andy Lundbohm.. and Billy Lund will be Assistant

flatontheice

Post by flatontheice » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:03 pm

WiKKeD1 wrote:Im going to guess that Head Coach will be Andy Lundbohm.. and Billy Lund will be Assistant
I am going to miss his black leather coat with the turned up collar and "I wanna be Brad Pitt" look.

bronco2828

Post by bronco2828 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:38 pm

You know nothing against coach Oliver, I liked his old school style of coaching and in this day and age for that to work is hard, but these coaches that coach until their kids are done playing. Not right. We've had a couple here in the Falls. I help coach and plan on coaching well past my child's graduation.

stillwildinIL

Post by stillwildinIL » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:41 pm

bronco2828 wrote:You know nothing against coach Oliver, I liked his old school style of coaching and in this day and age for that to work is hard, but these coaches that coach until their kids are done playing. Not right. We've had a couple here in the Falls. I help coach and plan on coaching well past my child's graduation.
He is done at Roseau but not in general, he is coaching the great plains team in the UMHSEL next fall

www.roseauramshockey.com

myhockey

Post by myhockey » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:22 am

HE WON'T BE MISSED IN ROSEAU. :D

Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:10 am

WiKKeD1 wrote:Im going to guess that Head Coach will be Andy Lundbohm.. and Billy Lund will be Assistant
I'd say Lundbohm without Lund as an assistant. 8)

rudy

roseau

Post by rudy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:10 am

stillwildinIL

Post by stillwildinIL » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:31 pm

myhockey wrote:HE WON'T BE MISSED IN ROSEAU. :D
Why not?

myhockey

Post by myhockey » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:30 am

wildfan247 wrote:
Why not?
He did nothing for roseau high school!!! He was there for his own kids benefit and that is the only reason. His kid graduates this year and he resigns????? Andy and Billy made him look good which is too bad. They are the ones that know hockey not him...The year they won state it was not due to Oliver it was due to the talent and the assistant coaches.

sideways

Post by sideways » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:03 am

Doesnt he get some credit for the development of the kids to come from Roseau in the past?

myhockey

Post by myhockey » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:06 am

sideways wrote:Doesnt he get some credit for the development of the kids to come from Roseau in the past?
No!!!

Ram Hockey

Post by Ram Hockey » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:35 pm

myhockey wrote:
wildfan247 wrote:
Why not?
He did nothing for roseau high school!!! He was there for his own kids benefit and that is the only reason. His kid graduates this year and he resigns????? Andy and Billy made him look good which is too bad. They are the ones that know hockey not him...The year they won state it was not due to Oliver it was due to the talent and the assistant coaches.
He did nothing???? The developmental programs didn't exist before he was here. No "Behind the mask" no "Blueline Club". He hasn't promoted any kids for Selects or helped them get to the next level? Yes he has!!

You are way to close to the situation not to know that!

stillwildinIL

Post by stillwildinIL » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:24 pm

Ram Hockey wrote:
myhockey wrote:
wildfan247 wrote:
Why not?
He did nothing???? The developmental programs didn't exist before he was here. No "Behind the mask" no "Blueline Club". He hasn't promoted any kids for Selects or helped them get to the next level? Yes he has!!

crushed

hshockeyfan40

Post by hshockeyfan40 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Ram Hockey wrote:
myhockey wrote:
wildfan247 wrote:
Why not?

yep promoted every kid, but my hockey's cause he's probably not that good

myhockey

Post by myhockey » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:30 am

hshockeyfan40 wrote:
Ram Hockey wrote:
myhockey wrote:
wildfan247 wrote:
Why not?

think about it people he was in roseau for his own kid and that was it. Plain and simple. If he really cared about Roseaus program he would still be coaching not just teaching in roseau.

GR3343

Post by GR3343 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:00 am

Not pretending to know anything about what's going on there in Roseau, but isn't it possible that the man is being sincere about wanting to follow his son's progression as he leaves high school? Grand Rapids had a similar situation a season or two ago when the girl's high school coached stepped down in order to follow his son who was on the boy's team. No one crucified him and they shouldn't have. As parents, regardless if they're coaches or not, their families still come first and wanting to see their children develop as players and people some times takes top priority.
Character is who you are when no one is watching

The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:22 am

I believe Scott's whole family settled in Roseau before his wife got a pretty nice gig in Crookston. Now that his only kid has graduated high school, isn't this a good time to reunite the family in one location? I guess I don't see anything wrong with that.

southernmnscout

Post by southernmnscout » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:55 am

The same people complaining about him leaving are the same ones that are saying he won't be missed and they are glad he is gone.

Poop or get off the pooper people!

breakout

Post by breakout » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:47 am

myhockey wrote:
wildfan247 wrote:
Why not?

You must have an agenda against Oliver ........ disgruntled parent? Kid didn't get the PT or recognition you would have liked? Probably.

FYI, Oliver was a hockey and football player in Canada. He knows the game. He has been and continues to be a tremendous booster for the Roseau kids with USA Hockey, Elite League, Selects, colleges, etc. You are ignorant or don't have the knowledge if you think otherwise. If Billy or Andy think they were the ones that carried Oliver, they may have spent too much time in the "therapy room" or are too full of themselves and shouldn't be considered as head coaches. Hopefully, they are smart enough to think they were part of a winning team headed by coach Oliver.

How could he watch his kid play if he continued to coach at Roseau? I cannot blame a person for being a father first, coach if it can fit within his family values.

Good luck to Coach Oliver and his family.

hshockeyfan40

Post by hshockeyfan40 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:47 pm

myhockey wrote:
hshockeyfan40 wrote:
Ram Hockey wrote:
myhockey wrote:
wildfan247 wrote:
Why not?

think about it people he was in roseau for his own kid and that was it. Plain and simple. If he really cared about Roseaus program he would still be coaching not just teaching in roseau.
or maybe your kid didn't get picked for an all star team?