Jefferson vs. EP 12/15

hockeyislife06

Jefferson vs. EP 12/15

Post by hockeyislife06 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:24 pm

Thoughts on this game?? <p></p><i></i>

shutout

Re: Jefferson vs. EP 12/15

Post by shutout » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:28 pm

This should be a good one!<br><br>The Jags are playing well but are having trouble scoring recently. Labombard is questionable with an ankle sprain, but the team has a lot of depth and excellent goaltending.<br><br>Eden Prairie seems to be moving forward now that they have all of their players back. I look for this game to be a classic Jags vs. E.P. battle. <p></p><i></i>

TylerDurden

Post by TylerDurden » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:26 pm

At the Big, or at the community center in Eden Prairie? <p></p><i></i>

shutout

Post by shutout » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:05 pm

It's at Eden Prairie (unfortunately) I hate watching games there, but it should be a good one! <p></p><i></i>

puckhead63

Jeff vs. EP

Post by puckhead63 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:13 pm

Has all the makings of another great Jeff vs. EP game.<br><br>I will go with an OT game, but can't pick a winner - too close.<br><br>I would have had to go against EP in the beginning only because they seemed like they couldn't put the puck in the net. In the last 3 games, they have proved that wrong - they have scored 19 goals in the last three games. <br><br>It looks like Jefferson is however, having a hard time finding the back of the net in their last few games.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

hockeyJ

Re: Jeff vs. EP

Post by hockeyJ » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:12 pm

This game will be great to watch, except for the fact.....it's at the EP rink but Jefferson doesn't seem to be getting off to a great start this year i mean, no really impressive wins yet, 4-0 kennedy, 3-0 apple valley, loss to lakeville North, 3-2 win to chaska, and 2-0 eagen, the only real win i thought was ok was against apple valley.......now Bambo is hurt with that ankle prob and he's a goalscorer and the team is already havin trouble gettin the puck in the net so hopefully he'll be ready........now for EP, tough loss to eagen right away and maybe havin some issues but i think it'll be a game for EP to prove they still got it and a game for Jefferson that their worthy of being ranked so high. <p></p><i></i>

icechipper45

Post by icechipper45 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:02 pm

Labombard may be injured, but Jeff has plenty of other firepower, not the least of which comes from the sophomore speedster O'Donnell who is one to watch this year. Regardless, EP's D will have to work hard to keep up with the Jag's speed. Should be a close one. <p></p><i></i>

MediaGuide

Post by MediaGuide » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:04 pm

Anything could happen in this one. The edge in goaltending goes to Jefferson, and EP is scoring more as a team to this point. O'Donnell is a very nice raw talent and will come alive at some point, but as of yet hasn't made the adjustment to the varsity level of play with only 1 assist and averaging less than 2 shots per game. LaBombard will apparently not play in this one. Meyers & Levine should be fun to watch. Exceptional rivalry which almost always provides an even match during the regular season - a definite toss-up going in. The key may be if the Jefferson forwards not producing to this point can get it together and take at least one step forward. <p></p><i></i>

Spudmania

Post by Spudmania » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:05 pm

I say Jefferson in a close one I just think they have more depth than EP<br><br>Jefferson- 3<br>Eden Prarie- 2 in O/T<br> <p></p><i></i>

cuda701

Re: *Jags*

Post by cuda701 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:32 pm

I'd appreciate any updates on this game.<br><br>I'll take the <!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:blue;">Jaguars</span><!--EZCODE FONT END--> 4-2. <p></p><i></i>

Blood line for life

jaguars

Post by Blood line for life » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:46 pm

i think the jags are gonna win 4-2 they are the real deal this year and besides hm and aha there the next best team in the state <p></p><i></i>

PierBridge

updates

Post by PierBridge » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:37 pm

Any updates yet? <p></p><i></i>

HockeyHoser09

Jefferson vs. Ep

Post by HockeyHoser09 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:55 pm

Jags up 3-1 after two periods. <p></p><i></i>

PierBridge

update

Post by PierBridge » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:12 pm

Thanks!...who scored the goals....? <p></p><i></i>

HockeyHoser09

Final Score

Post by HockeyHoser09 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:32 pm

Jags get the W over EP 5-2. <p></p><i></i>

hockeyislife06

Re: Final Score

Post by hockeyislife06 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:38 pm

goals:<br><br>hovey-2<br>schofield-1<br>roberts-1<br>addyman-1<br><br><br>3rd goal by addyman could've easily been barr's goal but addyman tipped it barely.<br> <p></p><i></i>

MediaGuide

Jeff/EP Thoughts

Post by MediaGuide » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:15 pm

Jefferson's offense showed some improvement tonight which was nice to see. Fairly strong showing from the D as well, just one major breakdown resulting in an EP goal. I was a bit surprised at how poorly EP handled the puck tonight, some credit for that goes to Jefferson, there was extremely aggressive defense in the neutral zone tonight, but overall EP was completely outskated and outsmarted - at least tonight. Quite a few cheap shots by EP, Meyers in particular hurt his team more than he helped with some truly stupid penalties.<br><br>It was nice to see Hovey put it in, Levine was a real workhorse with 3 assists, EP was running at him right away but he's just too fast and strong. 2 goals for the second line and a solid performance from the third. The team has a chance to really gel by February. LaBombard did not play with a high ankle sprain, most likely is out Saturday v Eastview. <p></p><i></i>

PierBridge

Scorers

Post by PierBridge » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:30 pm

Thanks for the Recap... <p></p><i></i>

TylerDurden

Re: Jeff/EP Thoughts

Post by TylerDurden » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:02 am

I don't think Jefferson played <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>that</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> much better than Eden Prairie tonight. I was suprised to see that neither team handled the puck very well. The only difference was Jefferson's powerplay. Eden Prairie had their share of chances on special teams as well, but didn't capitalize as the Jaguars did. <br><br>The Jaguars were the better team tonight, but saying they got completely outskated and outsmarted is an overstatement. <p></p><i></i>

hockeyJ

Well now

Post by hockeyJ » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:41 am

Well, i have to say that i thought jefferson played much better than EP and my proff to back that up is that they won 5-2, if both teams didnt play very well then why was the game one-side for 80% of the game. True, jefferson didnt handle the puck very well but when we can shoot, skate and get the penalty calls goin are way, with are awesome powerplay and the great players on the team, watch out. plus, Labombard, captain of the team and one of the best players didnt play, and yet the outcome was better than expected for the Jags <p></p><i></i>

TylerDurden

Re: Well now

Post by TylerDurden » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:23 pm

Well hats off to Jefferson. But the game was only one sided for 3 minutes of that game in all honesty. When the 5 on 3 powerplay started in the second period when they scored their 2nd goal, and during the remaining 5 on 4 when they scored their 2nd pp goal. Other than that, neither team really outplayed the other. Eden Prairie had their chances on their powerplays as well, but didn't capitalize on them. I'd say the goaltending was the difference in this game, not the skaters. Both teams had a couple odd man rushes, both teams had a couple even strength chances. Both these teams will get better as the season goes on, and I see them both as threats come the holiday tournaments, and the end of the year tournaments. <p></p><i></i>

shutout

Re: What game were you watchin?

Post by shutout » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:01 pm

Durden:<br><br>I guess you are proof that everything is in the eye of the beholder!<br><br>I came to the game expecting a classic Jags vs. E.P. dogfight, but was unpleasently disapointed with the skill and depth of the Eagles. This has to be the worst team that they have had in at least 10 years. <br><br>Eden Prairie was absolutely schooled tonight, it wasn't until the Jags scored the fourth goal did the Eagles mount any attack at all. I was thoroughly disapointed with the Jags effort once the game was in hand, Roberts effort on E.P.'s second goal was embarrasing to say the least. <br><br>Eden Prairie is not even in the running for any possibility of a Lake Conference threat and should be a non-factor in the section six playoff chase. Hovey stepped up and picked up any shortfalls that were expected with Labombards absence, and him and Levine dominated the E.P. defense. Meyers is a liability to the Eagles with his cheap play and cannot offset it with anything that he brings to the team as a positive.<br><br>With the enrollment of a small college I cannot believe that Eden Prairie cannot put a better product on the ice then they showed last night. With 3900 students one would think that they could muster up 20 players of better quality then I saw last night. <p></p><i></i>

MediaGuide

Re: What game were you watchin?

Post by MediaGuide » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:42 pm

Shutout - I wouldn't be too hard on Roberts, that was an unfortunate play no doubt but he's improved a great deal and should only get better as the year goes on. I guess what I'm saying is everybody makes mistakes, and the kid did a great deal more that was positive against EP all night.<br><br>I also don't agree with you on Jefferson's that Jefferson let up that much once the game was in hand, you could see a couple of the weaker players do some questionable things but the meat of the lineup never let up. It got a bit more sloppy but EP was still dominated up until the buzzer.<br><br>I agree with your opinion on Meyers. Maybe EP just had a bad night, we'll see how they come along the rest of the way. <p></p><i></i>

BloomJeffHcky

Post by BloomJeffHcky » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:34 pm

Yea the team has more depth than most people think<br> <p></p><i></i>

TylerDurden

Post by TylerDurden » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:36 am

Come on guys, the shots on goal were 24-26 for the contest. How is that complete domination? I'm not even a student, or a big fan of either one of these teams. I showed up for a good game of hockey between two ranked teams. It was very back and forth, each team had their chances. Jefferson was the better team to execute on 2 more. I don't think Jefferson let up much at all. I saw the Eagles let up and start taking careless, and cheap penalties after going down 3-0 within the matter of just a few seconds. You guys are honestly just kind of exagurating how much better B.J. played. I'll just say go ahead and count the Eagles out. Time will tell on this one. ...Not they'll win state, or even make state, but just that they're not down for the count. <p></p><i></i>