Midget Major AAA
86%
Jr. B
14%

Total votes: 14

hockeysmart13

AAA or Jr. B

Post by hockeysmart13 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:06 am

Which level of hockey is better, putting everything into aspect(speed, skill, gameplay, etc..)

Wisco

Post by Wisco » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:57 pm

Well now that cshl, wshl, and minnesota league have all become jr a tier lll. i dont really know what leagues you're thinking of, because midget major is definitely better than any league behind the minnesota junior league.

friendlyreminder

Post by friendlyreminder » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:18 pm

Let me tell you first hand, The level of play is generally better in AAA and a lot more midget players move on to higher junior ranks because there younger and have a lot more potential than a guy of equal skill with only 1 year of junior eligibility left. You will find much more scouts and players picked out of AAA than Jr. B (tierIII Jr A)

Wisco

Post by Wisco » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:49 am

eh, other than the top few midget major teams, i can almost guarantee you that any others wouldnt be able to beat any top cshl team, what i was saying is that, what jr. b league are you speaking of now that so many have become jr. a tier III.

friendlyreminder

Post by friendlyreminder » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:03 pm

It's the same thing. I still call it jr b but tier III whatever same thing. Last year Omaha Energy who was ranked around 75th last year played in the MNJHL and beat up on St. Paul lakers, lost to the MN Ice Hawks by 1. Since the Ice Hawks took 3rd at nationals I would guess they were one of the top jr b teams in the US and they can barely beat a BAD midget team? It tells me a lot about the caliber of play, besides seeing the games also. I have watched Dubuque play before and I agree they are a good CSHL team but anyone in the top 25 midget teams would be close games. My whole point is, it's very close to the same play, midgets overrall I would say is more competitive but AAA has more players moving on because of the age differences. You won't see many 91's on jr b teams because why would they? Jr. A tier III is generally for players who have no other options like midgets or they graduated high school they play there and try to move on.

SimonBarSinister

Post by SimonBarSinister » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:38 pm

Junior B (now T3 Jr. A) in the midwest definitely had an older age profile than midgets. However, the Empire Jr. B League in the northeast is a much younger league. Most teams have a midget-aged profile. The Jr. Bruins have a '94 on their team...the Syracuse Stars are primarily '92s & '91s...the Jr. Pens are '91's,'90s, & '89s. Many of these teams move players on to legitimate Jr. A & college hockey. The top teams in Empire would do just fine against the MidWest midget teams.

CopenhagenCyclone12

Post by CopenhagenCyclone12 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:35 pm

The only time a kid under 18 should play Junior B is if they live in a place where they can not play a high lever of Midget AAA hockey. In Jr, B You get guys who are 18 and 20 they know they are finished (well sadly some still think they can make it :roll: ) If you play Junior B you should be at least 18 don't waste your time playing in a junior B league at 17 or younger.