Herb Brooks

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Love4Hockey

Herb Brooks

Post by Love4Hockey » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:21 pm

I know its not the right room and all to post this but I figured it would get more looks in this one than the college one so I post it here, a short little reading about him and a fan at the Final 5, if your a Huskie fan your gonna like this espically.

Long after he left SCSU, I saw him at a Final Five game at the X. A young fan approached and asked for his autograph. The kid had the program open to the Gopher page. Brooks looked at it, and turned to the SCSU page, telling the youngster that he would sign on the St. Cloud page because "that was my team."

Nonamer

Post by Nonamer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:18 am

And your point is...

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:15 pm

Herbie had some lingering animosity about a few things but let's not kid ourselves... he was a Gopher and will always be remembered that way. Everybody knows it. :roll:

defense

Re: Herb Brooks

Post by defense » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:46 pm

Love4Hockey wrote:I know its not the right room and all to post this but I figured it would get more looks in this one than the college one so I post it here, a short little reading about him and a fan at the Final 5, if your a Huskie fan your gonna like this espically.

Long after he left SCSU, I saw him at a Final Five game at the X. A young fan approached and asked for his autograph. The kid had the program open to the Gopher page. Brooks looked at it, and turned to the SCSU page, telling the youngster that he would sign on the St. Cloud page because "that was my team."
And why wouldn't he want to sign on the page of the team that he was pretty much responsible for producing???

hesabaddmann

Herb Brooks

Post by hesabaddmann » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Guys.....You might be reading too much in to this .....some people watch the game a day at a time .....Maybe Herbie meant that for that weekend SCSU was his team ....Just a different take, thats all ....
Stupidity never takes a day off ....

Love4Hockey

Post by Love4Hockey » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:38 pm

He always said SCSU was his team, he created it and made it known in a big way in just his 1 year there

wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:17 am

Herb Brooks embodies Minnesota hockey, I think that's all that really matters here.

Love4Hockey

Post by Love4Hockey » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:52 am

Exactly, born and raised in Minnesota, played his high school hockey here, he has a HUGE impact on what several hockey programs in Minnesota are now today

wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:57 am

Exactly my friend, thanks for this story.

People are always just so angry!

Goldy Gopher

Re: Herb Brooks

Post by Goldy Gopher » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:59 am

Love4Hockey wrote:I know its not the right room and all to post this but I figured it would get more looks in this one than the college one so I post it here, a short little reading about him and a fan at the Final 5, if your a Huskie fan your gonna like this espically.

:roll:

I guess SCSU fans gotta have something to hang their hat on.
The U invented swagger.

Love4Hockey

Post by Love4Hockey » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:13 pm

anytime wblhockeyfan8, its a great story all around hockey story