MJHL Predictions for 2009-10 season

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Marty McSorely

MJHL Predictions for 2009-10 season

Post by Marty McSorely »

Smart---- stay on the bench on this one!

Predictions for the season:

1. Hudson
2. Rochester
3. St. Cloud
4. Isanti
TellItHowItIs

Post by TellItHowItIs »

Isanti Owls will be tough this year. Much improved over last year.
quickgym guy

Re: MJHL Predictions for 2009-10 season

Post by quickgym guy »

Marty McSorely wrote:Smart---- stay on the bench on this one!

Predictions for the season:

1. Hudson
2. Rochester
3. St. Cloud
4. Isanti
hudson didn't finish in the top five last year. I can't see them finishing on top. Even with Talafous on the bench
huville

Post by huville »

In regards to Nationals, this year it does not matter who finishes 1st at the end of the year. Both teams that will be going to Nationals will be the the 2 teams that play in the playoff finals.

It actually plays to teams like Hudson's advantage because they are a team more set on developing skill than just systems and winning.

The other teams who start out with 10 1989 birth years might start out the best, but may not finish the best. And come playoff time, may be in trouble.

Here's my predictions tho...

Icehawks
Hudson
Spooner
Granite City
Owls
Lakers
Aces
Lights
Wildcats
Daulton911

Post by Daulton911 »

I have to say I have been very empressed at the Talent level of this league. It continues to get better and better. These kids are serious about playing hockey at even a higher level and there focus shows it.
crash

Post by crash »

[/quote]It actually plays to teams like Hudson's advantage because they are a team more set on developing skill than just systems and winning.

What does that mean? The past two seasons I've watched Hudson get worse over the season, not better. Maybe teaching kids how to use the skills they have might be a plus. Watch the Ice Hawks and you see players learn how to play the game at both ends and at the end of the season they players who were not as skilled are usualy the best players on the next seasons team. That is development and teaching at it's best.

On paper it does look like Hudson will be very tough this year. That's a good thing for them and the league. From what I've been told from kids from southen minny who played for them were not impressed with what Hudson had to offer over the past few seasons.

I would love to see the Hawks and Hudson take down the rest of the MJHL, I don't like Granite City or the Owls very much, can't say much about the rest of the league besides the Mildcats and the joke of a coach they have. They should sell their jerseys and buy a clue.

Good luck to Hudson and the Hawks!
huville

Post by huville »

Hudson's first season was actually very good. They started out .500 and finished something like 32-16. They probably would have gone to Nationals if they didn't move their goalie up to the NAHL at the deadline. Last year was very bad for them though.

As for this season they hired Dean Talafous as their new head coach. If you read the articles where he talks about his emphasis on this season you'd get what I was saying. I think this year, their players will get much better throughout the year and when you have a national coach of the year winner from college hockey coaching tier III, I think they have the edge in coaching over anyone at the level.

Also the Owls tied Maple Grove in their preseason scrimmage if that has any indication of how they should be this year. I'm guessing they'll miss Dibble.... ALOT.
TellItHowItIs

Post by TellItHowItIs »

Good Luck!
Last edited by TellItHowItIs on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crash

Post by crash »

They looked the same as they did vs the Owls...don't know about Friday Night but about the same as they did vs the Owls in Isanti.
minus3db

Post by minus3db »

For anyone following the MNJHL, the Lumberjacks and Lakers will have all their home games broadcast online at www.mnsportsnetwork.com

The broadcasts will feature both audio and video.
low66

Post by low66 »

TellItHowItIs wrote:what happened to the Wildcats Saturday night? They played alright Friday. gave up three powerplay goals. Looked liked they could come up with 3 balanced lines. after that may be tough. I heard rumor they were trying to get all players in over the weekend so maybe the guys who played saturday were mcuh weaker players ?? anyone know?
well they didnt want all the players playing but they wanted to see what the others have, they have 2 set lines so far i believe and they're trying to figure out the 3rd and 4th line so they mixed them up a little bit and defense for sure, wildcats need solid D
Rocket78

Post by Rocket78 »

Is Bromberg be going to be playing in nets for the Ice Hawks by this weekend? Fatis hammered his other two goalies in last nights paper. It sounds like they need to shore up the nets before they'll be winning much.

Also, is Bromberg doing the B&A thing or has he left the Rockets?
Fluery

Hawks and Bromberg

Post by Fluery »

They currently have some serious tender issues. Bromberg is not the answer. Decisions were made during tryout camp in August which may need to be changed. Age and experience chosen over young and talented. This may have biten them in the butt. Currently have 1 that is injury prone, 1 with poor stats from past season and another with past attitude problems. Sometimes the young and hungry are the a better choice. Look at all the freshman tenders in the NCAA playoffs last year!
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

Mustangs have only been scored on 9 times in 7 games. If they keep this up they can punch their ticket to nationals...