BSU Beavers

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:29 pm

I am not going to argue with you about an olympic sheet versus an NHL sheet.
Playing at home is always an advantqge and the Gophers have home ice advantage with the Olympic ice and the crowd etc...
I am not going to argue schedules - Gophers is tougher, at least on paper, to this point of the year.
Gophers have some very talented individuals, no question.

But Gophers have some injuries, they have a bit of turmoil, and they have not been playing well.

BSU plays team hockey and have some very gifted athletes.

You can predict the Gopher sweep, but using small and large fonts just proves you are an arrogant Goph alum living in one of the burbs and an arrogant b*st*rd, so make your picks but take the rest of your b*llsh*t and go to h*ll.

:D

And remember to smile, win or lose, as we Beaver fans did last year when the Beavs lost in the Frozen Four semi-finals.

Last edited by elliott70 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:31 pm

Sorry, Lee, just having some fun with the guy.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Okay, curdog, I apologize. You don't live in the burbs but out in farm country.

But just because you have coached a little hockey does not mean you know anything about Beaver hockey. Have yo seen them play this year?
Just reading USCHO.COM does not qualify.

The Gophers could sweep - I don't see it - but they could.

But being serious, you don't need to belittle.
I know you did not appreciate it when LDC earned the opportunity to play at state.

The 'real bored posters' are sure to make it known ( :lol: :D etc) when they are teasing.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:44 pm

Lee, I see some words can get past the PLEASE BAM ME function.

I will edit.

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:59 pm

The Gophers have all the best players. Don Lucia is an awesome coach and according to curdog they will not be overlooking the Beavers. I guess if the Beavers are lucky enough to keep it with 5 or 6 goals it will be the refs fault.

curdog504

Post by curdog504 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:46 pm

Very nice comeback elliott70, I applaud your attitude.

And elliott70, your right, I do not live in the "burbs", but I also don't live in "farm" country either. I might not even live too far from you, who knows? I am also not a U of M alum; I actually graduated from a rival school where I was proud to wear my maroon and gold all the time!!

I have also been able to see BSU play. I was at the Friday night game when they played Robert Morris. I left after the second period because I was (for the first time ever at a hockey game) bored! I can't put all the blame on BSU for that though; Robert Morris was a culprit in making me bored as well.

And you know what elliott70; I was EXTREMELY excited and happy for LDC when they earned their birth to state. I have my reasons for being happy for them.

I would also like to mention that I think I finally hit a sore spot with you Mr. elliott70. It takes a proud man to start using obscene words towards someone you don't even know. Kudos to you!

GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:37 pm

curdog504 wrote:Very nice comeback elliott70, I applaud your attitude.

And elliott70, your right, I do not live in the "burbs", but I also don't live in "farm" country either. I might not even live too far from you, who knows? I am also not a U of M alum; I actually graduated from a rival school where I was proud to wear my maroon and gold all the time!!

I have also been able to see BSU play. I was at the Friday night game when they played Robert Morris. I left after the second period because I was (for the first time ever at a hockey game) bored! I can't put all the blame on BSU for that though; Robert Morris was a culprit in making me bored as well.

And you know what elliott70; I was EXTREMELY excited and happy for LDC when they earned their birth to state. I have my reasons for being happy for them.

I would also like to mention that I think I finally hit a sore spot with you Mr. elliott70. It takes a proud man to start using obscene words towards someone you don't even know. Kudos to you!

GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile and don't call me Mr.

Obviously I hit a nerve with you, I am sorry.
I don't get that excited over hockey, especially college hockey.
I enjoy it, yes, but it is not my first 'love' when it comes to sports.

So, as I said, on this 'bored', we use the emoticons or actually state when we are being sarcastic, teasing, or other wise.

Nothing of that sort when you were belittling BSU, and nothing to follow.
Myself and other board members have to assume you think 'little' of them.
When, in fact, they have earned the right to be respected.
Apparently, you don't understand that so you can keep your kudos.

So re-read the posts, I was in jest, it is easy enough to read.
And it did get your attention.

Good day, and good luck to LDC, even though you have moved on to other territory.

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:39 pm

elliott70 wrote:Sorry, Lee, just having some fun with the guy.
No problem. Curdog apparently doesn't know yet who made the NCAA tournament last year. And who didn't. But, hey, the Gophers, with all that talent, should be undefeated this season.

Oh, the season started and they've already lost some games?? Sorry, Golden Rats, maybe next year. Image

GO BEAVERS

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:49 pm

Not only have they lost some games but they had another defection too. I have no idea how some of the rodents fans can keep thinking their program is the best and it doesn't have issues. Originally, I thought Garth Snow ripped on Lucia just to take the spotlight off of Okposo. Now I am starting to wonder if any NHL team will leave their players in his hands too long.

MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:44 pm

Wow. Some serious trash talking going on here, I like it. I don't know what to think of either team at this point, it's too early. The Gophers will get better and I think this non-conference matchup is the perfect opportunity to get things back on track. However, I look at this D group for Minnesota at the moment and am not impressed. Not having Leddy will hurt. Not having Lofquist will hurt at the moment, but I've never really thought he was all-world. BSU might not have the big names but they got something going on right now. We won't see a sweep for either team this weekend.

FRI - Beavers 3, Gophers 2
SAT - Gophers 4, Beavers 1

Go Sioux :D

MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:17 pm

Beavers - 1
Gophers - 4
FINAL/FRI

curdog504

Post by curdog504 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:13 pm

Hey Mr. elliott70

What was the score of Saturdays game? I wasn't able to watch most of it.........oops, was it 4-1 GOPHERS? So if you don't get excited over hockey, esp. college hockey, what are you doing on this bored then? What do you get excited over? Oh wait, I might not want to know that.

From what I saw the powerplay looked pretty darn good for the GOPHERS. Not much looked good for BSU. Kangas was strong in net like he so often is.

I'm thinking that you will see the same kind of outcome for todays game. I can't wait to head to the bar and watch this one.

curdog504

Post by curdog504 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:30 pm

I almost forgot to write to east hockey too.

Hey Lee. I do know who made the NCAA tourney last year, and I'm well aware that the GOPHERS didn't make the "show".

Maybe the GOPHERS should start to play the Robert Morris, Alabama Huntsville, Niagra, Western Michigan, and other "cake" schools around Div 1 hockey. But even BSU couldn't beat all those teams last year during their "dream" season. I guess the GOPHERS just might play a little tougher schedule than BSU. Good luck to BSU next year in the WCHA, they will need it!

Cheers to you east hockey

GO GOPHERS!!!

MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:47 pm

Beavers - 2
Gophers - 0

AFTER 1

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:07 pm

curdog504 wrote:Hey Mr. elliott70

What was the score of Saturdays game? I wasn't able to watch most of it.........oops, was it 4-1 GOPHERS? So if you don't get excited over hockey, esp. college hockey, what are you doing on this bored then? What do you get excited over? Oh wait, I might not want to know that.

From what I saw the powerplay looked pretty darn good for the GOPHERS. Not much looked good for BSU. Kangas was strong in net like he so often is.

I'm thinking that you will see the same kind of outcome for todays game. I can't wait to head to the bar and watch this one.
Hey guy, your over hyped, gutless, no character rodent club just got worked 6 - 2 by BSU. Get a new team to cheer for, your "team" is pathetic.

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:34 pm

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
curdog504 wrote:Hey Mr. elliott70

Hey guy, your over hyped, gutless, no character rodent club just got worked 6 - 2 by BSU. Get a new team to cheer for, your "team" is pathetic.
It appears the Gophers just found out what every other D-1 team in Minnesota already knew; the Beavers are for real and worthy of a place in the WCHA. Correct that; I'm sure the Gophers already knew. It was some of their fans not getting it yet. Image. Props to BSU.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006

curdog504

Post by curdog504 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:11 pm

Hey northwoods oldtimer, why don't you go back to the nursing home where you belong. The GOPHERS are NEVER over hyped, gutless, and they have more character than you will ever have old man. The only thing that is pathetic is you.

I will also NEVER cheer for any other team other than the UNIVERSITY OF MINNERSOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS!!!!

And east hockey, BSU might be "for real", but they are not worthy of a spot in the WCHA. If you watched and listened to the game tonight, the announcers flat out told everyone that the reason for bringing in BSU and Nebraska was to "protect" their programs from folding. If BSU didn't get into a conference, chances were good that they would have closed up shop. And I get it, they might be the "real deal" now, but they will struggle coming down the stretch, and they will have a lot of "growing pains" when they enter WCHA play.

Once again, CHEERS to you east hockey!!

I will end with this. A while back, GOPHER hockey great Gary Gambucci did an interview for a GOPHER hockey video. He was asked about some old rivalries. He said that back when Wisconsin was just getting started in hockey someone asked him if there would ever be a rivalry with Minnesota and Wisconsin. Gambucci said, "well, it's conceivable, but it won't happen until Wisconsin beats Minnesota".

Well folks, looks like we have a rivalery!!!

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:27 pm

curdog504 wrote:Hey northwoods oldtimer, why don't you go back to the nursing home where you belong. The GOPHERS are NEVER over hyped, gutless, and they have more character than you will ever have old man. The only thing that is pathetic is you.
You talking about character would be like me talking about menopause. He took issue with your team so you took issue with him. Attaway, Bubba.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006

curdog504

Post by curdog504 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:33 pm

I can talk about character all I want east hockey. Like I said, the GOPHERS have more characher than, well both of you now.

I'm glad I havn't said what I have wanted to say east hockey, other wise you would probably ban me.

For the third time now, CHEERS to you east hockey!!

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:37 pm

curdog504 wrote:I can talk about character all I want east hockey. Like I said, the GOPHERS have more characher than, well both of you now.

I'm glad I havn't said what I have wanted to say east hockey, other wise you would probably ban me.

For the third time now, CHEERS to you east hockey!!
Calling someone pathetic is a personal attack. I'm sorry you didn't get my hint the first time. Clear now?

You're just irritated because your precious Gophers lost another game.

Character? I keep thinking of Dinkytown. Yep, that's character there.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006

curdog504

Post by curdog504 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:02 pm

First of all, I wasn't attacking anyone personally. If anything I was attacking their character. There is a difference, and we are clear!

Second of all, yes I am irritated that the GOPHERS lost. But I know it's not the end of the world, and they will bounce back.

Third of all. Character in Dinkytown. Where you there? Was there any member of the team involved in anything in Dinkytown? Oh, and why was there anything happening in Dinkytown in the first place. That's right, the GOPHERS won the NCAA Championship the year that happened. The only fan whose character should be questioned is MINE, not anyone else, and certainly not any of the players!! And let me tell you, I have a lot more character than a lot of people on this entire website!

And finally, there are some people on this thread that shouldn’t be talking about character at all, but I better not mention anyone or why for, I don't want to get banned.

Thanks!

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:28 pm

curdog504 wrote:First of all, I wasn't attacking anyone personally. If anything I was attacking their character. There is a difference, and we are clear!

Second of all, yes I am irritated that the GOPHERS lost. But I know it's not the end of the world, and they will bounce back.

Third of all. Character in Dinkytown. Where you there? Was there any member of the team involved in anything in Dinkytown? Oh, and why was there anything happening in Dinkytown in the first place. That's right, the GOPHERS won the NCAA Championship the year that happened. The only fan whose character should be questioned is MINE, not anyone else, and certainly not any of the players!! And let me tell you, I have a lot more character than a lot of people on this entire website!

And finally, there are some people on this thread that shouldn’t be talking about character at all, but I better not mention anyone or why for, I don't want to get banned.

Thanks!
Good lord, you are thick. Only one solution to that.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006

minnesotaice

Post by minnesotaice » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:09 am

If we want to talk about the Gophers character, we should discuss Tony Lucia's cheap shot on a much smaller Jordan George about 5 seconds after the horn blew at the end of the 1st period on friday.
I guess now that Daddy stitched the "C" on his sweater he gets to do whatever he wants.

Nice series Beavers!!!

minnesotaice

Post by minnesotaice » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:25 am

Meanwhile... Bemidji will see Huntsville next weekend at the Glas.

Beavers upcoming schedule:

Alabama-Huntsville Nov. 20-21
Miami (ohio) Nov. 27
Ohio State Nov. 28
Niagara Dec. 4-5
Minnesota St. Mankato Dec. 11-12
This is BEMIDJI STATE hockey.

BeaverFan

Post by BeaverFan » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:31 am

curdog504:

The University of Minnesota Golden Gophers have 20 NHL draft picks. 20! In most cases, you have the top pick on some of the best upcoming prospects playing high school and junior hockey. The Gophers roster is nothing but pure skill, talent, and almost every single player has a future in the sport. Yet somehow, you were just beaten by a team of a formerly Tier 2 junior hockey players. You want to talk about character? Bemidji State is IMO the best college hockey team in Minnesota. Not because they have 20 outstanding players, it's because their heart for the game, their pride, and their ability to work together as a team.

If BSU is really not suited for the WCHA. Go ahead and drive back to Mariucci and check out the scoreboard. It is really something when this small-town team of not-so-hot players can come into your home rink of THOUSANDS of screaming Gopher fans (the most annoying, obnoxious fans in college hockey) and pull out a victory like they did tonight.

Maybe next year you can pull off the sweep, maybe.

Until than, i'm going to keep saying this loud and proud.

BEAVERS. The superior rodents.