Kangas USHL Player of the Week

One Smooth Operator

Kangas USHL Player of the Week

Post by One Smooth Operator »

Congrats to Mr. Kangas. He's burning up the USHL now.<br><br>Any word on where he is headed after his stint in the USHL<br><br><br>"Defensive Player of the Week<br>Alex Kangas - Sioux Falls Stampede<br> <br>Stampede goaltender Alex Kangas has been named USHL/LPH Defensive Player of the Week. Kangas appeared in two of the three games for the Stampede as they extended their winning streak to thirteen games. Kangas turned away 63 of 64 shots faced to earn two victories 1-0 and 4-1. His stellar performance between the pipes dropped his league leading GAA to 1.68 on the season. "<br><br> <br> <br><br> <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
timmyo

MN rules the EJHL, too

Post by timmyo »

Kangas is terrific. Congrats to him.<br><br>MN HS hockey graduates are also burning up the EJHL (Eastern Junior Hockey League). Collin Ostroot, Elk River class of '05, was named the Offensive Player of the Week out there. From their website:<br><br>"Collin contributed in 6 of the 8 goals the Glades (Green Mountain Glades, from Burlington, VT) scored in the NE Jr. Huskies Invitational Showcase Tournament. He had a season high 4 point game (1G, 3A) in a 4-2 win over CD (Capital District) Selects. The centerman added 2 assists on winning faceoffs in a 4-0 win over Syracuse. He was also +4 as the Glades went 2-1 on the weekend."<br><br>Also on the EJHL front, Ian Schaser, a Benilde-St. Margaret's graduate, is second in the league in scoring. <p></p><i></i>
sundawgg

Kangas

Post by sundawgg »

Actually this is the second time he was named Defensive player of the week this year!!<br><br>Don Lucia was at the last home game, probably to watch his son Tony who plays for the Omaha Lancers.<br><br>But Don did get to see Alex play an awesome game in goal. <p></p><i></i>