Top forward lines?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

dueling21

Top forward lines?

Post by dueling21 »

Last year, I wrote a story on the top forward lines in the state...and will be doing something similar in the next few weeks before Christmas. Since this is such a knowledgeable hockey board, I'd be curious to see what kind of nominations y'all have? I know it's still early and things have yet to develop, but it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks from what they've seen/heard thus far.
southernmnscout

top lines

Post by southernmnscout »

Brecks top line is tough to beat no matter what class they are in. They would be a top line on arguably any team in the state.
deanertronterry

Re: Top forward lines?

Post by deanertronterry »

dueling21 wrote:Last year, I wrote a story on the top forward lines in the state...and will be doing something similar in the next few weeks before Christmas. Since this is such a knowledgeable hockey board, I'd be curious to see what kind of nominations y'all have? I know it's still early and things have yet to develop, but it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks from what they've seen/heard thus far.
Rogge, Ericson and Rau...Eden Prairie

Knight, Dietzler and Herbert...Bloomington Jefferson
These three didn't start the first game together but were reunited about half way through the game.
deanertronterry

Re: Top forward lines?

Post by deanertronterry »

dueling21 wrote:Last year, I wrote a story on the top forward lines in the state...and will be doing something similar in the next few weeks before Christmas. Since this is such a knowledgeable hockey board, I'd be curious to see what kind of nominations y'all have? I know it's still early and things have yet to develop, but it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks from what they've seen/heard thus far.
Rogge, Ericson and Rau...Eden Prairie

Knight, Dietzler and Herbert...Bloomington Jefferson
These three didn't start the first game together but were reunited about half way through the game.
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

Excellent candidates! I'm going to see Benilde tomorrow night and will check out Steinhauser-Horn-Patterson and see if they're together. If so, that ought to be a top contender, as well.

And are Bjugstad, Tufte and Scheid going to play together for Blaine? That would also be a top unit. Or will they be split up with maybe Brodzinski thrown in there on the top line?

Warroad has Nelson and Hebel as 2/3 of a terrific line. Who's getting the nod to go with them?

St. Thomas Academy and how they divide up their top two lines will be interesting, as well. Gavin, Schroeder, Isackson, Reid, Crandall, etc.

Lots of possibilities.
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

dueling21 wrote:Excellent candidates! I'm going to see Benilde tomorrow night and will check out Steinhauser-Horn-Patterson and see if they're together. If so, that ought to be a top contender, as well.

And are Bjugstad, Tufte and Scheid going to play together for Blaine? That would also be a top unit. Or will they be split up with maybe Brodzinski thrown in there on the top line?

Warroad has Nelson and Hebel as 2/3 of a terrific line. Who's getting the nod to go with them?

St. Thomas Academy and how they divide up their top two lines will be interesting, as well. Gavin, Schroeder, Isackson, Reid, Crandall, etc.

Lots of possibilities.
Thats a hard question to answer sometimes. Will a coach have his best three forwards on the same line. Then again, will they go with a balenced line approach between the top two lines.

STA will be a good example of this, with Issacson, Crandell, Schroeder, Reid, Kroska, Gavin and Kreiger. I don't think that any of these 7 forwards are similar in thier style/strengths, yet in many ways, several are interchangeable. There are several different possible line combinations that a coach could end up with and it may not be the best 3 forwards on the same line.
Last edited by High Flyer on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Flyer

Re: top lines

Post by High Flyer »

southernmnscout wrote:Brecks top line is tough to beat no matter what class they are in. They would be a top line on arguably any team in the state.
Arguably, not any team as that would not be the case at STA this year. Possible a couple of other teams
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

Wolter, Wahlin, Birkenbine should be pretty solid for White Bear if they're grouped together, unfortunately they don't have much beyond that.
Teak

Post by Teak »

I don't know lines like the rest of you, but certainly Minnetonka must have a top line with Max Gardiner and/or Thomas Schutt on it. Likewise, Edina with Taft and/or Sit.
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

Rogge, Rau, and Erickson for EP
Gardiner, Prochno line for Tonka
Faust line for Jefferson
EP two out of three.
Hockeyfan#8

Post by Hockeyfan#8 »

Birkinbine,Whalin,Wolter for White Bear Lake will be great this year!
"If your not first, your last" R.B.
Factsmatter1

Post by Factsmatter1 »

Love to see a playoff among these three lines:

STA: Crandall, Isaackson, Reid (D: Schurhammer, Fleming)
EP: Rogge, Rau, Erickson (D: Rau, C; Molenaar)
Tonka: Frawley, Gardiner, Schutt (D: Prochno, Holl)
oldmansundays123

Post by oldmansundays123 »

Perron Kinne and Barbato from CDH
espnmobile8

Post by espnmobile8 »

I know this asks for top forward lines but I have to point out my hometown Powerplay unit that is the most dangerous in the state, in my bias opinion.

Herbert, Dietzler, Knight at forward.
Pauluk, Faust as Defense.

You might as well just trade a goal for the two minutes and then gain more time 5 on 5 because they will work you.
mch

Post by mch »

HockeyMN1 wrote:Rogge, Rau, and Erickson for EP
Gardiner, Prochno line for Tonka
Faust line for Jefferson
Prochno and Faust are D
25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power »

dueling21 wrote: Warroad has Nelson and Hebel as 2/3 of a terrific line. Who's getting the nod to go with them?

Lots of possibilities.
JR Nick Stoskopf.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Herbert's line is solid, not much after that though
PowerForward25

Post by PowerForward25 »

Seeing alot about the west metro.

Woodbury's Max Gaede, Tyler Nowiki, and Conner Delaney are a soild top line for the royals. Gaede's size and shot, Nowiki's speed, and Delaney's hockey smarts all contribute to a top first line.
Now don't take this personally but....
bender09

Post by bender09 »

25 sheet power wrote:
dueling21 wrote: Warroad has Nelson and Hebel as 2/3 of a terrific line. Who's getting the nod to go with them?

Lots of possibilities.
JR Nick Stoskopf.
stoskopf can keep up with these two..he has been really impressive from what i have saw of him.
espnmobile8

Post by espnmobile8 »

starmvp wrote:Herbert's line is solid, not much after that though
There isn't much that you may have heard about (because they haven't had experience/exposure), but the is talent there.

Ryan Siiro, Junior, has 5 goals (tied for top among the team) and 2 assists. That isn't bad considering the only guys ahead of him are Pauluk, Dietzler, and Herbert.

Johnny Roisum, another Junior, has 1 goal and 5 assists coming in right after Siiro on the team for points.

I didn't expect much depth out of Jefferson, and there is obviously a lot of season yet to be played, but I have been pleasantly surprised so far.
hockey74

Post by hockey74 »

Lakeville South
Kloos So. - 36 pts.
Harvey So. - 20
Osterberg Fr. - 20
RushnCircles

Post by RushnCircles »

Mahtomedi's line of Rose, Adams & Zurn - 101 points in 15 games !
The Cup Weighs 35lbs...Except When Your Lifting It.
cementhead24

Post by cementhead24 »

spring lake parks turbitt gerding and ranum
Lakeviewing

Top Lake Conference

Post by Lakeviewing »

espnmobile8 wrote:
starmvp wrote:Herbert's line is solid, not much after that though
There isn't much that you may have heard about (because they haven't had experience/exposure), but the is talent there.

Ryan Siiro, Junior, has 5 goals (tied for top among the team) and 2 assists. That isn't bad considering the only guys ahead of him are Pauluk, Dietzler, and Herbert.

Johnny Roisum, another Junior, has 1 goal and 5 assists coming in right after Siiro on the team for points.

I didn't expect much depth out of Jefferson, and there is obviously a lot of season yet to be played, but I have been pleasantly surprised so far.
The EP's 1st line of Rau, Rogge and Ericson needs to be in this mix,