top jv teams in state

Discussion of Minnesota HS Junior Varsity Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

topperprid04

top jv teams in state

Post by topperprid04 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Who in your opinions is going to be the top jv teams based on last season in the state. A,AA

trippedovertheblueline

Re: top jv teams in state

Post by trippedovertheblueline » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:26 pm

topperprid04 wrote:Who in your opinions is going to be the top jv teams based on last season in the state. A,AA

apple valley will be good. they will start slow and be very very strong at the end. Second in line will be Lakeville South.

HAWKey

Re: top jv teams in state

Post by HAWKey » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:13 pm

topperprid04 wrote:Who in your opinions is going to be the top jv teams based on last season in the state. A,AA
Duluth marshall and Hermantown will battle for the jv state championship yhis year

MidStateHockey

Post by MidStateHockey » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:53 pm

HAWKey,
I was not aware that JV had a tournament.

matthebat

Post by matthebat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Who are some of the better Up North JV teams this year?

northwoods oldtimer

Up Nord

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:17 pm

matthebat wrote:Who are some of the better Up North JV teams this year?
Duluth, Moorhead, Grand Rapids will be good this year.

Hockey24/7/365

Post by Hockey24/7/365 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:58 am

MidStateHockey wrote:HAWKey,
I was not aware that JV had a tournament.
HAWKey is clueless, i played jv for Blaine last season and we were a great team....However, no jv teams in minnesota have a state turney so idk what ur talking about HAWKey?

Bemidji Studs

minnesota jv

Post by Bemidji Studs » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:01 pm

Have you guys heard how Bemidji is doing? I have we are 11-0, we have beaten moorhead and warroad just to name a few. We are definitely top 10 in the state.

pucker15

Post by pucker15 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:47 pm

bemidji studs, thats cool to talk about your own team... 11-0 doesnt mean much when you play park cottage grove... thats like canada playing latvia in the world juniors... the best teams in the state were in the gold division of the schwans cup

blueblood

jv

Post by blueblood » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:17 am

enjoy the ride now, you may not even get to play hs hockey so start thinking about junior gold...

Bemidji Studs

minnesota jv

Post by Bemidji Studs » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:27 pm

Hey pucker, thats just one team we played and ill admit they sucked ass but ill let you know when we play a team who is better than us. The Schwan Cup is just for a bunch of city pricks any ways. the only way teams from up north can get there is if they win all there games. You cake eaters from down south get it layed on a silver platter for you. You all think u are a bunch of danglers. Why dont you travel up north for some real hockey.

MidStateHockey

Post by MidStateHockey » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:16 pm

I actually was able to see 3 of Bemidji's games recently as I "scouted" both the JV and Varsity for a local team. I will keep my comments to their JV squad.

Their JV is very solid with 3 top lines and then a little drop off to line 4.
They have good size at forward.
Line one scores pretty well with a natural type scorer along with a hard hitting forward playing with him.
Line 2 is excellent at cycling with one big kid who passes well from behind the net. This line controls the puck well and backchecks.
Line 3-Solid with a very big kid who skates well and at times looks very good but needs to bring it every shift.
Line 4 is average with the smaller kids doing most of the damage.

Defense is solid for 4 of the 6 who played.
Goalies were average+ for JV

Bemidji pounded St Cloud Cathedral with more thatn 50 shots cruising to a 11-3 win.
Bemidji also pounded Fergus Falls warlier in the year when I watched them. They had over 50 shots there as well
I saw Bemidji lose to Grand Rapids in a pretty good game 3-2 where the game winner came on a soft goal by GR with 3 minutes to go and Bemidji had a game tying goal waved off with 2 minutes to go for some reason when one of their big kids hammered home a shot from in front. I thought the teams were even matched and should have probably been a 3-3 tie but GR gets the win. Bemidji outshot GR 35 to 20. GR goalie was pretty good.
Defense for Bem does not have to do a lot as the forwards are strong but are usually there when those few chances come up.

I will see Bemidji one more time this year but that will be later on. From a parent I heard that that the GR loss was only their first but thye have yet to play Roseau and Hermantown and have another game with Moorhead who Bem beat earlier this year.

I know when we play them later we will be hard pressed to keep it from running time if Bemidji plays the way they have when I saw them. THey would match up well with most city teams that I have seen as they are deep and are physical.

MidStateHockey

Post by MidStateHockey » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Has anyone seen Brainerd, or Alex JV teams yet this year?
Thanks.

Bemidji Studs

minnesota jv

Post by Bemidji Studs » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:36 pm

Bemidji played Brainerd last week and we won 6-0 was another 50- 10 blowout game. Never was close, we play alex later in the year.

WB6162

Re: minnesota jv

Post by WB6162 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:39 am

Bemidji Studs wrote:Hey pucker, thats just one team we played and ill admit they sucked ass but ill let you know when we play a team who is better than us. The Schwan Cup is just for a bunch of city pricks any ways. the only way teams from up north can get there is if they win all there games. You cake eaters from down south get it layed on a silver platter for you. You all think u are a bunch of danglers. Why dont you travel up north for some real hockey.
Reality Bemidji is that we have Jr Gold teams down here that would smoke your HS team. Why don't you come down here for some of that?

And wise up, your small town is showing.

northwoods oldtimer

Stretch

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:32 am

Reality Bemidji is that we have Jr Gold teams down here that would smoke your HS team.
That is a bit of a stretch :wink:

blueblood

oldtimer

Post by blueblood » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:23 pm

oldtimer:

wb6162 is not stretching it. Their are some good players that play jga due to the sheer numbers of hockey players.

Wayzata, Eidna and tonka are all good. tonka has 15 seniors on their jga team. 11 of them played jv as sophs and jrs.
Play Like a Champion Today