Jesus Christ vikings

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:49 pm

youngblood08 wrote:NFL wanted the Saints to win.
The Saints where higher on the list for Los Angeles candidates. Now that part is taken care of being they have a stadium that holds a lot of folks!
Who is next on the list for the move?
:roll:

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:01 pm

You'd think the NFL and CBS would both want Vikings to win, as Manning vs. Favre would be a matchup of the century.

MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:05 pm

Minus the 19 fumbles, the Vikings played outstanding. It's too bad because this was their only shot at a winner in my lifetime, and I'm only 22.

It almost seemed to be rigged just like the 2007 colts run, just look at this...
Peterson - 2 fumbles
Berrian - fumble lost
Favre - fumble lost, 2 ints
Harvin - fumble lost
Reynaud - fumble
:shock:
You add the dreadful officiating late in the game to it all. The Leber pass interference call? What was with that? You need some contact for a penalty right? Guess not.
Was anyone else in an outrage over the low hit on Favre? After all the Carson Palmer and Tom Brady low blow talk and the refs just watch it with their hands down their pants. Yikes.

DotaDangler

Post by DotaDangler » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:47 pm

MNHockey75 wrote:Minus the 19 fumbles, the Vikings played outstanding. It's too bad because this was their only shot at a winner in my lifetime, and I'm only 22.

It almost seemed to be rigged just like the 2007 colts run, just look at this...
Peterson - 2 fumbles
Berrian - fumble lost
Harvin - fumble lost
Reynaud - fumble
You add the dreadful officiating late in the game to it all. The Leber pass interference call? What was with that? You need some contact for a penalty right? Guess not.
Was anyone else in an outrage over the low hit on Favre? After all the Carson Palmer and Tom Brady low blow talk and the refs just watch it with their hands down their pants. Yikes.
Couldn't agree more. If the Vikings had gone after Brees and hit him like the Saints did to Favre, I guarantee the whole city of New Orleans would be up in arms complaining right now. Its obvious they were instructed to take Favre out of the game. If Brad Childress had a pair he would have told jared Allen to take Brees out after the first half.
Imagine a world...with no Wisconsin

defense

Post by defense » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:37 pm

hockeyfan893 wrote:I'd like to point out the last time we were in this situation.

Loss 30-27.

Now this year, loss 31-28.

What's going on!?
Actually the last one was 41-doughnut....30-27 set us up for it.
I actually was thinking that 41-0 was easier to take, at least we know who deserved to win...the one last night is hard to figure out...the officials should quit if they aren't fired....what is AP thinking??? Why can't Favre run on probably his last play for two weeks instead of throwing an INT????
Fumble by Barrien or incomplete pass???
You know what though???? The hardest thing.... The Vikings still had a chance to win.
My wife just became a Vikes fan this year and I warned her about this, I guess now she knows.

gophs16

Post by gophs16 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:26 pm

Thought the Viking coping websites and hotlines on channel 5 news were hilarious, but it does hurt pretty bad.

Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:37 pm

MNHockey75 wrote:Minus the 19 fumbles, the Vikings played outstanding. It's too bad because this was their only shot at a winner in my lifetime, and I'm only 22.

Peterson - 2 fumbles
Berrian - fumble lost
Harvin - fumble lost
Reynaud - fumble
And no one is commenting on how the heck do you come out of a timeout with 12 guys in the huddle??? Who do you blame on that? Childress admitted in the post game conference that without that, they would have ran on third down, thus eliminating the chance to throw a pick. Wait...never mind, they probably would have fumbled again!

defense

Post by defense » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:05 pm

Bigcat99 wrote:

Peterson - 2 fumbles
Berrian - fumble lost
Harvin - fumble lost
Reynaud - fumble
And no one is commenting on how the heck do you come out of a timeout with 12 guys in the huddle??? Who do you blame on that? Childress admitted in the post game conference that without that, they would have ran on third down, thus eliminating the chance to throw a pick. Wait...never mind, they probably would have fumbled again!
Yep, they screwed up. Just like the officials screwed up on the fumble recovery for a touchdown that ended up on the 10 instead, and the touchdown for the saints that was crawled in. One call that was a maybe and I don't think anyone argues with it either way, one call that was as obvious as a Vikes fan in the Superdome. Ya, the Vikings blew it, you don't win with fumbles and interceptions...but the officals helped out, no denying it.
In the end, we all were watching the Vikings and knew what could happen, it did, it's just the way it is in Minnesota..... now we can finally move on to hockey.....

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:18 pm

Question now is: Does Favre retire?

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:25 pm

starmvp wrote:Question now is: Does Favre retire?
No. He might waffle but in the end, no.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:43 pm

east hockey wrote:
starmvp wrote:Question now is: Does Favre retire?
No. He might waffle but in the end, no.

Lee
That's what I'm thinking. He says he "already made a decision"

Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:00 pm

I ddon't care if the SOB is spending all summer looking at TVs in a Sears store, and shows up Aug 21st.... It's all entertainment, boys.... win or lose... he has shown us in one year what the Packer fans have gotten to see for 16..

I love what the guy brings to the table.... whether waffles or GOLDFISH....

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:52 pm

You're right Goldfish, besides maybe one extra win I don't think I could have asked for anything else from Favre. He had his best season ever statistically and he was fun to watch.

SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:33 am

salol44 wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
whos_it wrote:Not like most people will care but Jesus Christ does not deserve to have his name said in front of the Vikings
:lol: Particularly when the real, pagan Vikings were most famous for ransacking and pillaging British monasteries.

At any rate, Vikings = White Bear Lake of the NFL.
:lol: :lol:

I swear to.......... a stack of pancakes (that better?).... that I WAS going to put that in my post, Karl, but I have taken more than enough heat about my Bears, and I thought I better not!!! ](*,) =; [-X :-#

But since you let the cat out of the bag...........

The difference between the Vikes and the Bears???

I will never hate the Vikes.....
I think you meant to say "Moorhead of the NFL"
STILL bitter about Tuesday nite, aren't ya ? (6-2, ouch !)

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:37 am

SPUDNUT wrote:
salol44 wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
whos_it wrote:Not like most people will care but Jesus Christ does not deserve to have his name said in front of the Vikings
:lol: Particularly when the real, pagan Vikings were most famous for ransacking and pillaging British monasteries.

At any rate, Vikings = White Bear Lake of the NFL.
:lol: :lol:

I swear to.......... a stack of pancakes (that better?).... that I WAS going to put that in my post, Karl, but I have taken more than enough heat about my Bears, and I thought I better not!!! ](*,) =; [-X :-#

But since you let the cat out of the bag...........

The difference between the Vikes and the Bears???

I will never hate the Vikes.....
I think you meant to say "Moorhead of the NFL"
STILL bitter about Tuesday nite, aren't ya ? (6-2, ouch !)
:lol:

JeffersonB76

Post by JeffersonB76 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:16 am

Don't get me started even. Darkest day in MN sports in a good many years. I have still to regain my vocal cords.