Section 8A

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:33 pm

TheDon wrote:That's why i asked him about the "actual rankings" that he claimed he posted.
I went through every section game and I don't see any other way to rank them. How would you rank them to this point? I understand the point to put LOW at #4, but Park Rapids and KC both beat Crookston which gives them a slight edge as of 1/31. This week will clarify things. That was my unbiased best grasp at ranking section 8. I shouldn't have said "actual," my bad.

SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:54 pm

TTpuckster wrote:
SiouxRecruit wrote:
schwang17 wrote:I'm surprised Suzy is still alive living on the "East side" with his orange and black glasses on.
Cabela's needs an outfitter who knows his stuff...that's why i'm still here :wink:
Hey, c'mon. It's a beautiful town.
Besides, he may need to help sandbag this spring just to save Cabela's.
It may be a bad year for flooding....i was sore for 2 weeks last year sandbagging in fargo....so im headed to the PR/ RLF game on thursday....pretty excited..havent been able to see many this year
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke

schwang17

Post by schwang17 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:37 pm

SiouxRecruit wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:
SiouxRecruit wrote:
schwang17 wrote:I'm surprised Suzy is still alive living on the "East side" with his orange and black glasses on.
Cabela's needs an outfitter who knows his stuff...that's why i'm still here :wink:
It may be a bad year for flooding....i was sore for 2 weeks last year sandbagging in fargo....so im headed to the PR/ RLF game on thursday....pretty excited..havent been able to see many this year
Don't worry about Suzy, TT. He's been sandbagging for years.

lowhockey

Post by lowhockey » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:36 pm

i have an interesting feeling about this section, my prediction is LOW will go on a tear, beating a thief team who seems to be very good defensively and goaltending wise, but able to sneak a few past. Then, they will beat warroad who seems to be struggling at the goaltending position as of late...all in all, snagging the 2 or 3 spot. then of course winning three straight in sections, advancing to the state tourney.
yes im from lake of the woods

MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:42 pm

lowhockey wrote:i have an interesting feeling about this section, my prediction is LOW will go on a tear, beating a thief team who seems to be very good defensively and goaltending wise, but able to sneak a few past. Then, they will beat warroad who seems to be struggling at the goaltending position as of late...all in all, snagging the 2 or 3 spot. then of course winning three straight in sections, advancing to the state tourney.
:-k

Um...Hallock just beat LOW 3-0 last week. #-o

SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:06 am

MNHockey75 wrote:
lowhockey wrote:i have an interesting feeling about this section, my prediction is LOW will go on a tear, beating a thief team who seems to be very good defensively and goaltending wise, but able to sneak a few past. Then, they will beat warroad who seems to be struggling at the goaltending position as of late...all in all, snagging the 2 or 3 spot. then of course winning three straight in sections, advancing to the state tourney.

:idea: and to think I thought I went to the extreme..... :roll: :wink:

TheDon

Post by TheDon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:11 am

:shock: Is that BeerChair back again :?:

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:48 am

schwang17 wrote:
SiouxRecruit wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:
SiouxRecruit wrote:
Don't worry about Suzy, TT. He's been sandbagging for years.

Haven't we all?????????

Goal

Post by Goal » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:39 pm

[quote="MNHockey75"][quote="lowhockey"]i have an interesting feeling about this section, my prediction is LOW will go on a tear, beating a thief team who seems to be very good defensively and goaltending wise, but able to sneak a few past. Then, they will beat warroad who seems to be struggling at the goaltending position as of late...all in all, snagging the 2 or 3 spot. then of course winning three straight in sections, advancing to the state tourney.
yes im from lake of the woods[/quote] :-k

Um...Hallock just beat LOW 3-0 last week. #-o[/quote]

They were also very lucky to beat a Red Lake Falls team who was missing 2 senior players in Lake of the Woods a couple of weeks ago. Low was down 3-1 with 5 minutes left and somehow came back to win in OT. They do have a good goaltender who could steal them a game, but I see them going in the opposite direction and likely finishing as the 6th or 7th seed.

MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:07 pm

Goal wrote:
MNHockey75 wrote:

They were also very lucky to beat a Red Lake Falls team who was missing 2 senior players in Lake of the Woods a couple of weeks ago. Low was down 3-1 with 5 minutes left and somehow came back to win in OT. They do have a good goaltender who could steal them a game, but I see them going in the opposite direction and likely finishing as the 6th or 7th seed.
Finally, someone making sense.

MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:10 pm

By the way...

Crookston 0
TRF 0

5 min left
3rd period :shock:

This could "shake things up," as Christopher Walken once said.

MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:23 pm

Crox 1
TRF 0

Final

Warroad now in line to get the number 1 seed.
With some wins down the stretch, Crox could jump to #4 or #5.

low66

Post by low66 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:59 pm

i think this section is up for grabs after crox beating trf, anyone can win. lets go LOW!

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:08 pm

low66 wrote:
i think this section is up for grabs after crox beating trf, anyone can win. lets go LOW!
Looks like 8A is up for grabs.

Oh, that brings back memories.

SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:40 pm

PR 4

RLF 1

SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:47 pm

also a little off subject, but since you all know I'm a follower, I have to show all of you this highlight from a shootout last week in the USHL from Mr. Zach Lehrke...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWXS2lISbX0

Go to 1:57......he is the first shooter in the shootout highlights

hockeyfan23

Post by hockeyfan23 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:10 pm

Looks like the section will be a toss up! I do think though that if L.O.W. can put a few games together they can have a good playoff run!

25 sheet power

Post by 25 sheet power » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:54 am

That is a sick goal. Have you two tied the knot yet?

SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:48 pm

25 sheet power wrote:That is a sick goal. Have you two tied the knot yet?
Coming from someone who is still learning...... :idea:

MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:35 am

Two big games today:

EGF at Warroad
LOW at TRF

SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:38 am

Park Rapids 2015 Champs?

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:51 am

SiouxRecruit wrote:Park Rapids 2015 Champs?
Hey souixy, 2015 champs already happened.
And you know who that was = same color as these emoticons. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
What is a Green Wave anyway?