Section 3A

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who is going to be the top contender for section 3A?

New Ulm
25%
Litchfield
11%
Hutchinson
24%
Marshall
19%
Windom
5%
Redwood
16%

Total votes: 83

timcorbin21

Post by timcorbin21 »

still a lot of passion in this thread. some thoughts on what i've read:

no team can play whomever they like, both parties have to agree. a lot of the "stronger" teams don't want to play weaker teams. some will, occasionally.
almost all of the "stronger" teams adjust when playing a weaker opponent. giving your players that are dinged up a break and giving 2nd and 3rd lines more playing time makes sense.

all the communities in s/w minnesota are small. some are very small. marshall has schwans but it has to deal with the issues of being in a small town run by a big company.

some coaches like to rack up wins to build confidence. they think it helps come sections. does confidence = competence?

some want to play tougher opponents they think it helps come sections. does getting beat by better teams make you better?

some try to do both for the same reason. Who knows.

i think a lot of the bragging on this thread was a player or two. in hockey if you open your mouth too much someone shoves a puck in it

i think Redwood looking for a little respect comes from a parent or two. they've come a long way in 4 or 5 years and probably deserve it.

on the whole the section isn't that strong. the winner will have to go to state. and they may get a very big piece of humble pie.
moose27

Post by moose27 »

[quote="golfer5"][quote="letsgowild"]Sorry was never a coach. Just sick of Redwood thinking there so great.[/quote]
Redwood doesnt think they are great.
I think they are but im just a fan. Not a COACH as yourself. Minehaha Acadamy is a powerhouse team? maybe you could explain that on to me. Some teams you mentioned for Redwood are all in the Conference and a must play. Just like NewUlm must play Waseka, Fairmont and St Peter The South Central has 4 teams the SouthWest has 8 so New Ulm would be able to schedule twice as many games outside the conference. And they Schedule Austin and Dodge County. Do you think R lourdes are getting dumped on for playing New Ulm and Marshal. It works both ways.
The Kids dont pick the schedule the AD sets them up and go play thats it. Redwood has been the underdog for ever. Now they have won some games and are having fun> None of the team members even read these posts. They Dont care just want to play Hockey. But being a glorified COACH like yourself you should understand that.[/quote]

Coaches set there own schedule. Blame it on your coach for picking up cup cake out of conference games!! Sorry RW but if you want to play real teams hit the road!! No one out of there right mind is going to travel to RW or even Marshall to play. Start going on the road and earn some respect and then you might be able to get teams to come out and play!!

I can't wait to see the first round match up at the X for this section. It won't even be humbling!! More like embarrassing.....
new2coachin

Post by new2coachin »

I can't wait to see the first round match up at the X for this section. It won't even be humbling!! More like embarrassing.....[/quote]

Yeah, duh, like it does not happen in other games at the state tournament (Breck 6-1 over Little Falls in the semis & 7-3 over Warroad in the Championship game 2009) The 1980 USA Olympic Team was not supposed to beat the Russians either, but they did and we still talk about it today!! I will be rooting for whichever 3A team makes it to the State Tournament, every year, no matter the outcome because they will be the underdog team of the tournament. And like every player from all teams in the State of Hockey, the players from these teams have dreamed about this since they started playing (just like they do in the north & metro). moose, worry about your team and making it to state in your section. If you don't make it, then obviously there is a team better than yours representing your area.
golfer5

Post by golfer5 »

coaches pick there own schedule Moose? has nothing to do with the Athletic Director?
Last time u posted on here the site crashed for 2 days
This Is called Section 3A and we pick on eachother and compare notes about games players and when the puck drops at the X we will all be behind the team that represents 3A,
Moose you have 3 posts total under your name so i guess we should all stop and listen to your wisdom on how bad we all are and just forfit the game. Where u from? It to easy to bash all the teams at once. No research no data collecting (hey u all a terrible) to easy must have some extra time at the quickmart get a slurpy and relax.
moose27

Post by moose27 »

No we should all listen to golfer cause you have 50 posts.. C'mon are you kidding me!! And i am sure the site crashed because of my post!! LOL..

How many wins does Section 3A have against teams rated in the Top 20 in class A? I can think of 1.. LDC over Delano..

Who has played the toughest schedule this year? Hutch by far..

Who is the best senior forward in the section? hmm. Adams LDC

Best goaltender in the section? Swenson Hutch

Best Defensemen? Toss up

By the way Golfter i have scene LDC, Hutch, Marshall, NU, and Redwood all play this year!!

Who is the most complete team in this section? Throw RW, Hutch, LDC, Marshall, and NU into a hat and pick one!! A little puck luck and good goaltending will be the team that wins this section.

Like i said before this is one of the most interesting sections in the state because it is extremely competitive. But the level of competition is Very average at best. I like the fact that a team from this area of the state gets to go to state and grows hockey in this part of the state but man i really feel for those kids when they step out on the ice against STA, Breck, or Hermantown!! Which could very well happen. And yes Golfer i have scene all three of those teams play as well!!!

Ya it is a dream come true but the dream gets cut pretty short!! Sad but true!!
golfer5

Post by golfer5 »

Thanks again moose for bringing us to the State of Reality.
But i point out again its called who will compete in Section 3A Not who will contend at State. You could start your own page for that. Im sorry where did you say you were from?
moose27

Post by moose27 »

[quote="golfer5"]Thanks again moose for bringing us to the State of Reality.
But i point out again its called who will compete in Section 3A Not who will contend at State. You could start your own page for that. Im sorry where did you say you were from?[/quote]

Golfer you wanted data collecting and research.. And i never ever said anything about who will contend for state. In any of my posts!! I also put in my last post who would compete for the 3A title!!

Simply stated my opinion and what i have seen so far this year. Apparently you can't hack it!! And yes i am originally from a Section 3A school.
golfer5

Post by golfer5 »

[quote="moose27"

I can't wait to see the first round match up at the X for this section. It won't even be humbling!! More like embarrassing.....[/quote]

And i believe you also mentioned something about dreams being short lived. Surprised you would admit being from a 3A school might be embarrassing for you,
They try hard that is all that matters. [
casualobserver

Post by casualobserver »

Section 3A coaches meeting on Wed., 2/17, to determine seedings.

Final
Hutchinson 1, AHA 12

Hutch down 0 - 5 after 2 periods. AHA used all 4 lines. Hutch ran out of gas.
snipertopshelf187

Post by snipertopshelf187 »

John Welch/golfer5.... redwood will not make it to state keep on dreaming.top contenders are litch hutch and new ulm. when you can beat one of these teams you can talk yourself up but until then stick with sleepy eye and you might win 20 games again next year.
snipertopshelf187

Post by snipertopshelf187 »

casualobserver wrote:Section 3A coaches meeting on Wed., 2/17, to determine seedings.

Final
Hutchinson 1, AHA 12

Hutch down 0 - 5 after 2 periods. AHA used all 4 lines. Hutch ran out of gas.
not like anyone didnt see this coming
golfer5

Post by golfer5 »

snipertopshelf187 wrote:John Welch/golfer5.... redwood will not make it to state keep on dreaming.top contenders are litch hutch and new ulm. when you can beat one of these teams you can talk yourself up but until then stick with sleepy eye and you might win 20 games again next year.
I wish i was John Welch 18 years old. good player, nope sorry just a fan. how do you high school kids do this during school should you not be learning or something? Just killing time til golf season, Remember Hockey is life the rest is called Winter, Snipertopshelf is that your Playstation call of duty name?
See you put down Sleepy Eye Dude check the past we were Sleepy Eye could not win for 1.5 years now we won 18 game last year and 17 this year so far and now one knows what to do with Redwood Same schedule we played before. Just keep putting them down until they run over you. Get you digs in and put them in their place. Now someone stands up for the underdog and you all freak. Good hockey can only be played by teams with tradition and all that garbage. Hit the road and prove yourself. Give the school some money and we will. You know of any schools that are not in trouble right now. Our Organization pays for everything not a dime is given to us by the school.
I cant prove nothing on the ice i didnt even play hockey.
You all just keep talking smack like the NBA and T Owens,
Thats why you dont play as a team. Cant be our fault must be someone else, Lets blame Redwood or Sleepy Eye they are worse than us. They have a easy schedule and dont fight back. It has been entertaining to say the least. How can they be any good they are Redwood thats not right.

Look back at how many time sregit34 was going to bury Redwood its 2 years old and he is still looking for that Marshal will beat Redwood day.
im sure it will happen someday is along way away. Now he said some stuff and got kicked off the site. This was a good day.
The only connection to this is by who played who.
Marshal the second best team in the south west conference Beat New Ulm thice. Took Hutch to OT. lost to Litch. But lost to Redwood twice.
But it doesnt matter. My only thought is why would redwood be 4th and marshal 5 playing each other again the only link we have had between the BIG 3 and Southwest conference cancel each other out,
Here is my list and if you read back the only time i ever listed them.
1.Redwood
2.Litch
3 New Ulm
4.Hutch
5. Marshal
6. Windom
7.Luvernne
8. Fairmont
9.Worthington
10. Sleepyeye.
Should know by the end of the week.
See you all during playoffs i hope. And Good luck to all of you. Play hockey and be quite thats why they make you wear a mouth guard.
hoccardger

Post by hoccardger »

Does golfer5 have a job? because his boss is paying him a lot of money to post on this site besides that, who is his kid, and why does he care so much ... might need to get real
Coolice

Post by Coolice »

Seedings come out today! Any word?
golfer5

Post by golfer5 »

Coolice wrote:Seedings come out today! Any word?
yes. off minn state high school. official site.
1.Huth
2 redwood
3. New Ulm
4. litch
5 marshall
6 windom
7.luverne
8 fairmont
9. Sleepy eye
10 worthington.
golfer5

Post by golfer5 »

hoccardger wrote:Does golfer5 have a job? because his boss is paying him a lot of money to post on this site besides that, who is his kid, and why does he care so much ... might need to get real
yes i do have a job u need work,
Chalk_Talk

Post by Chalk_Talk »

golfer5 wrote:
Coolice wrote:Seedings come out today! Any word?
yes. off minn state high school. official site.
1.Huth
2 redwood
3. New Ulm
4. litch
5 marshall
6 windom
7.luverne
8 fairmont
9. Sleepy eye
10 worthington.
Looks like we should finally get to see NU vs Redwood. I can't wait to listen to all the chatter!!!! :D
Garry Bettman

Post by Garry Bettman »

what do you mean redwood vs. new ulm??????? itll be luverne vs. new ulm.... and i see new ulm beating luverne 8-0.....:D :) :lol: 8) :wink:
Chalk_Talk

semi finals

Post by Chalk_Talk »

Anyone know why the semi finals are not being played at GAC? That always made for a fun day to watch hockey.
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

this year only the section finals are played at GAC. the semis are played at the high seed.
Chalk_Talk

Post by Chalk_Talk »

Garry Bettman wrote:what do you mean redwood vs. new ulm??????? itll be luverne vs. new ulm.... and i see new ulm beating luverne 8-0.....:D :) :lol: 8) :wink:
"should" is the key word. I like cheering for the underdog
golfer5

Post by golfer5 »

Garry Bettman wrote:what do you mean redwood vs. new ulm??????? itll be luverne vs. new ulm.... and i see new ulm beating luverne 8-0.....:D :) :lol: 8) :wink:
You should just worry about playing litch. 1 game at a time remember.
new2coachin

Post by new2coachin »

Luverne has to defeat Worthington & Redwood in which they are 1-3 for the regular season against these two teams (two 7-1 losses against Redwood) to eventually play New Ulm. Luverne will first have to get past a fired up Worthington team (Just remember last years 1st round section game loss to Worthington!!).

Good Luck to all teams!!!, hope the weather in the area stays nice so that all games can be played as scheduled.
timcorbin21

Post by timcorbin21 »

Stupid me. I thought sregit34 grew up.
hockey8030

Post by hockey8030 »

I have no clue why Red Wood Valley got the two seed.. they have a good record but played some of the worst teams in the state. Not to mention they tied Waconia 3 to 3...lost to Benson Morris 1 to 3 ... and three teams below RWV all beat Waconia ... Litch, Hutch, and Marshall, the margin of records were at least 2 Hutch beat them 8 to 0 and Litch beat them twice by seven...