Section 3A

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who is going to be the top contender for section 3A?

New Ulm
25%
Litchfield
11%
Hutchinson
24%
Marshall
19%
Windom
5%
Redwood
16%

Total votes: 83

Garry Bettman

Post by Garry Bettman »

Sregit got kicked off, nobody likes that kid anyway

Honest opinion i think LITCH and MARSHALL are the hottest teams rolling into sections... next would be hutch.... but the litch marshall game will be a good one so eveyone head over to litchfield. on whatever day that is.
hockey8030

Post by hockey8030 »

does anyone know if the Quarter Finals are at High Seed or Neutral Site...on the MNSHL site its say High Seed, just checking pervious years have been at Neutral Site...
Coolice

Post by Coolice »

When do the section games start? Cant wait for the games to start, Good luck to all and keep cheering for your team!!!!!
Tigers95

Post by Tigers95 »

All semi final games are at the highest seed. One reason I beleive is the cost savings of not having to rent a larger facility and to pay for the ice time. I also believe that Gustavos is in the middle of their playoffs and could potentially have a conflict on the semifinal dates.
Last edited by Tigers95 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
golfer5

Post by golfer5 »

Coolice wrote:When do the section games start? Cant wait for the games to start, Good luck to all and keep cheering for your team!!!!!
2-23
2-25
3-2
Finals on 3-5.
http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showbrackets.asp?tournid=200
curtiscurve

Post by curtiscurve »

Pig Tail Games
(7) Luverne over (10) Worthington (Big)
(8) Farimont over (9) Sleepy Eye (Closer than many would expect)

Quarter Finals
(1) Hutchinson over (8) Farimont (running time)
(5) Marshall over (4) Litchfield (O.T.)
(3) New Ulm over (6) Windom (Close)
(2) Redwood Valley over (7) Luverne (by 4 or 5)

Semi-Finals
(5) Marshall over (1) Hutchinson (Upset Special)
(2) Redwood Valley over (3) New Ulm (Home ice will be the factor)

Finals
(2) Redwood Valley over (5) Marshall (At least the team representing this section will have 20 + wins)
hockey8030

Post by hockey8030 »

curtiscurve wrote:Pig Tail Games

Quarter Finals

Semi-Finals

Finals
(2) Redwood Valley over (5) Marshall (At least the team representing this section will have 20 + wins)

Who ever made the post above .... Litch will beat Marashall... and RWV will not beat NU Thus, Litch will play Hutch and it will be a good game and NU will beat RWV so, it will be Litch/Hutch Vs. NU in the final... and who cares about the record of the team that goes to state... i would rather send a good team( LDC, Hutch, NU) then a bad team with a good record(RWV, Marashall)
hockey333

Post by hockey333 »

curtiscurve wrote:Pig Tail Games

Quarter Finals

Semi-Finals

Finals

yeah if a team with 20+ wins (RWV) goes to state, they will lose the first game by 20+ goals. :lol:
snipertopshelf187

Post by snipertopshelf187 »

this a major bs decsion to give redwood the 2 seed. they will get murdered by new ulm. they cant skate with the first 3 lines for new ulm. burgau will stuff everything and juntenen, loose, peterson, fischer and munce should absoltley dominate rw goalie. not to mention the enforcing line for new ulm. rolloff, kehren, and fischer all can just plain hit the crap out of everyone. my prediction for section finals. new ulm over hutch 4 to 2.eagles take the section with ease.
Garry Bettman

Post by Garry Bettman »

[quote="curtiscurve"]Pig Tail Games

Quarter Finals

Semi-Finals

Finals
(2) Redwood Valley over (5) Marshall (At least the team representing this section will have 20 + wins)[/quote]

Bold prediction....BOLD... gutsy... i could see it happening, though redwood beating new ulm is in my mind a fair amount less likely to happen than marshall beating litch, though both are upsets..

I think if litch beats marshall, They will go to state.
My favorite right now is litch, goaltending,,,, meh sketchy but we will see. However i wouldnt be shocked if they lost to marshall, marshall seems to have their way lately especially with good teams..

RWV beating NU i dont really see. Redwoods top line can match up but after that no.. New Ulm plays a better hockey game than redwood, redwood relies on individual talent and ball-busting and a good share of puck luck but doesnt play a sound hockey game positionally or otherwise. example, RW forecheck.= everyone swarm the puck trap it, win the battle and throw it at the net. but hey its beating ppl right now but i dont see them beating new ulm.

ITll all be tight games no matter who plays who.
Garry Bettman

Post by Garry Bettman »

Here is something of note... Marshall and Redwood both lost to Morris Benson this year.....and morris is the 9 seed in their section... just shows u........ inconsitency and that there is better hockey outside of this section that as of right now RWV people dont seem to believe in... wait they are 20-3 or something tho right? so they must be as good as Wayzata and Minnetonka... right?

And i also see new ulm falling hard in the section finals........... and ya know maybe redwood beats em....... but if nu makes section finals i see em falling hard.. then again maybe not, whos to say, who knows.... NOT ME. hahahah
curtiscurve

Post by curtiscurve »

I find it funny how upset you are all getting over someone picking Redwood to win the section. It is what it is, a prediction, nothing else. Bottom line, the fact that home ice advantage extends through the semi-finals is HUGE for Redwood. Marshall seems to be playing well and could be a great story as a 5 seed making it to the dance. I will stick by my prediction of Redwood coming out on top, and no, I am not from Redwood.
d hockey

Post by d hockey »

I think that any of the top 5 seeded teams could do good in sections, but obviously not all of them can advance. I think that the biggest thing that will help Redwood is the home ice, and that could be the determining factor. Any of the top 5 teams could play well and advance, and looking at records and seeding shows nothing. The section is very inconsistent, and anything could happen, but that is jmo.
hutchtostate

Post by hutchtostate »

Hutch number one seed and will be on their way to state!

Good luck to everyone.

Golfer5 - you are a mouth guard wearer want-to-be!
golfer5

Post by golfer5 »

I need to remind all the children of the blog.
Bloggers dont pick the seeding coaches vote, No debate - and they cannot seed their own team.
i did not vote did you? love all the nice things you have all said again thanks for the support. I do however need to go to work today. Seems the slurpy machine needs to be cleaned so they called me in,
snipertopshelf187

Post by snipertopshelf187 »

golfer5 wrote:I need to remind all the children of the blog.
Bloggers dont pick the seeding coaches vote, No debate - and they cannot seed their own team.
i did not vote did you? love all the nice things you have all said again thanks for the support. I do however need to go to work today. Seems the slurpy machine needs to be cleaned so they called me in,
I think its funny that you say your not john welch but you seem to put posts up at the most random of times. i think its funny how you have to go to work just about the same time as school is about to start. your not fooling anyone. so looks like i will be seeing you on the second of march... thats if you guys can manage to beat luverne or worthington witch i would not be suprised if you get tossed by them before you can get to us.
golfer5

Post by golfer5 »

Sorry not john welch and I post all the time during school hours go back a page or 2 tell you what Redwood plays tonight at home I will post the score during the game? I know of no defencemen who can post and play, now leave me alone I got floors to mop
golfer5

Post by golfer5 »

golfer5 wrote:Sorry not john welch and I post all the time during school hours go back a page or 2 tell you what Redwood plays tonight at home I will post the score during the game? I know of no defencemen who can post and play, now leave me alone I got floors to mop
I'm here
Skill Stick

Post by Skill Stick »

Nice win by Redwood tonight. Oh wait, you lost to St. Peter. Good thing your on a hot streak going into playoffs. First Morris and now St. Peter. Can't believe you got the two seed. Well good luck. Your going to need it
hockey333

Post by hockey333 »

Skill Stick wrote:Nice win by Redwood tonight. Oh wait, you lost to St. Peter. Good thing your on a hot streak going into playoffs. First Morris and now St. Peter. Can't believe you got the two seed. Well good luck. Your going to need it
I totally agree with that! We'll see how New Ulm does with St. Peter tomorrow. Pretty sad that the number two seed lost to a team New Ulm (#3) beat with half their team out...Redwood is a joke. :roll:
extra_attacker

Post by extra_attacker »

hockey333 wrote:
Skill Stick wrote:Nice win by Redwood tonight. Oh wait, you lost to St. Peter. Good thing your on a hot streak going into playoffs. First Morris and now St. Peter. Can't believe you got the two seed. Well good luck. Your going to need it
I totally agree with that! We'll see how New Ulm does with St. Peter tomorrow. Pretty sad that the number two seed lost to a team New Ulm (#3) beat with half their team out...Redwood is a joke. :roll:
Oh and i do believe that Marshall just beat and outshot St. Peter 48 to 15ish in a 4 to 2 victory on Tuesday. I am surprised because isn't it by golfer5's logic and the rest of the redwood peoples logic that they can beat anybody marshall beat since they beat them twice? I agree with hockey333 and skill stick redwood is the biggest joke in the top 7 seeds of this section.
curtiscurve

Post by curtiscurve »

The funny thing is that others in this section feel that Redwood is the only joke :lol: Everyone needs to keep talking about how bad Redwood. It will be that much more embarrassing if they beat you!!!
Garry Bettman

Post by Garry Bettman »

Impressive win for Marshall tonight... 4-0 over sleepy eye..... hmmmm....well a wins a win.... at least they did beat st. peter.... New ulm beats waseca 6-2.........

regardless i think all section games between top 5 possibly 6 will be close.
letsgowild

Post by letsgowild »

WOW Redwood lost to St. Peter I have to sleep on this one before I make a comment!! (#2 seed :roll: really)
casualobserver

Post by casualobserver »

Looks to me like Redwood ran into a hot goalie. It happens...

Holy Family Catholic kicked LDC 6 - 0. This match-up was closer earlier this season. What happened??? Could LDC be struggling?