Lourdes vs Red Wing

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Rochester Lourdes vs Red Wing 1A Final 3/4

Lourdes
50%
Red Wing
50%

Total votes: 34

backcheck101

Lourdes vs Red Wing

Post by backcheck101 »

Should be a great Section 1A final.
clutterbuck22

Re: Lourdes vs Red Wing

Post by clutterbuck22 »

backcheck101 wrote:Should be a great Section 1A final.
It depends on what Red Wing team shows up. I'm going to predict that RL will win 4-2.
Nodak Sioux

Post by Nodak Sioux »

3-1 Lourdes
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Lourdes 4-1
SEMNHOCKEYFAN

Post by SEMNHOCKEYFAN »

Lourdes will win this 4-1
spectator

Post by spectator »

RL 4
RW 1
loudeshockey#9

Post by loudeshockey#9 »

Eagles-3. Wingers-2 Goal in the last minute for Lourdes!
R1nk Rat 174

Post by R1nk Rat 174 »

loudeshockey#9 wrote:Eagles-3. Wingers-2 Goal in the last minute for Lourdes!
Like theyve done in the past 2 games. ha, the EN against New Prague
and the game winner over Northfield
TheBlizzard

Post by TheBlizzard »

Should be a good game, the first game was won by Red Wing; however, the shots on goal were pretty lop sided in Lourdes favor.

I will go with Red Wing winning 4-3 in a close hard fought game.
southernmnscout

Post by southernmnscout »

I think it is funny that 7 of the 8 posts on here pick Lourdes, yet at the current time with 24 votes the Poll goes to Red Wing at 54%. So, basically people are picking RedWing but have no input or idea why?

I however think that this may be the year RedWing upsets them. They are on a roll and unlike Northfield they actually play a lot tougher schedule. Yes, they have lost the majority of those games but this is exactly why Coach Nemanich schedules these games, for this time of year baby!!!!

Either way, should be a good game.
southernmnscout

southernmnscout wrote:I think it is funny that 7 of the 8 posts on here pick Lourdes, yet at the current time with 24 votes the Poll goes to Red Wing at 54%. So, basically people are picking RedWing but have no input or idea why?

I however think that this may be the year RedWing upsets them. They are on a roll and unlike Northfield they actually play a lot tougher schedule. Yes, they have lost the majority of those games but this is exactly why Coach Nemanich schedules these games, for this time of year baby!!!!

I did not intend to take anything away from Lourdes when saying RW schedules tough non-confeence games. Coach Spaniol also has a pretty tough schedule as well. Very tough actually minus a couple of games. So, should be fun and I cannot wait for the next two weeks!! Best time of year!!!!!!
bobforhockey

anybody got pre-season predictions?

Post by bobforhockey »

Nobody should be shocked by Red Wing being in the final. I expect if I could find pre-season predictions, Red Wing was in the top group with Bault, New Prague, and AL. From that perspective, Rochester may be the surprise with all the seniors lost from 2008-09.

It has been a very fun and well-played tournament, and tomorrow's game should follow suit.

I just don't see it as an upset when RW wins 5-3 (en) :wink:
curtiscurve

Re: anybody got pre-season predictions?

Post by curtiscurve »

bobforhockey wrote:Nobody should be shocked by Red Wing being in the final. I expect if I could find pre-season predictions, Red Wing was in the top group with Bault, New Prague, and AL. From that perspective, Rochester may be the surprise with all the seniors lost from 2008-09.

It has been a very fun and well-played tournament, and tomorrow's game should follow suit.

I just don't see it as an upset when RW wins 5-3 (en) :wink:
I don't disagree with you about not being surprised about Red Wing. More because of their history and their coaching staff than the players this year, because if I am not wrong, they did graduate a very good group of seniors last year. Nothing against their players, just think they have a top notch coach that gets the most out of his players.
BadgerBob82

Post by BadgerBob82 »

If their bantams and Winona kid play well, Lourdes wins.
danglingnsnipen15

Post by danglingnsnipen15 »

after coming off a big win over faribault, i like red wing in this one

RW 3
RL 1
southernmnscout

BadgerBob82 wrote:If their bantams and Winona kid play well, Lourdes wins.
Such a funny guy, Bob..... :roll:
summer

Post by summer »

southernmnscout wrote:I think it is funny that 7 of the 8 posts on here pick Lourdes, yet at the current time with 24 votes the Poll goes to Red Wing at 54%. So, basically people are picking RedWing but have no input or idea why?

I think folks are rooting for Red Wing over the All Star team, even though they know the All Star team has more talent.
southernmnscout

summer wrote:

I think folks are rooting for Red Wing over the All Star team, even though they know the All Star team has more talent.
All-Star team??? Pretty sure there are no all-star teams in this section. How could an all star team be a #2 seed in Section 1??
summer

Post by summer »

southernmnscout wrote:
summer wrote:

All-Star team??? Pretty sure there are no all-star teams in this section. How could an all star team be a #2 seed in Section 1??
I guess Faribault was over-rated! Seriously, the only reason Lourdes has hockey is to be an All Star team.
southernmnscout

summer wrote:
southernmnscout wrote:
summer wrote: I think folks are rooting for Red Wing over the All Star team, even though they know the All Star team has more talent.

I guess Faribault was over-rated! Seriously, the only reason Lourdes has hockey is to be an All Star team.
This might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen on this board. The only reason Lourdes has hockey is to be an all star team??????

You are either someone who played JV as a senior at Lourdes or you are totally clueless about what you are talking about. All Star team? How many State titles do they have in hockey???? An All Star team to me is a team that would at least make it to State most years. Wow! Clueless.
HomeBarkingDog

Post by HomeBarkingDog »

Rochester Selects 3
Red Wing 1
southernmnscout

HomeBarkingDog wrote:Rochester Selects 3
Red Wing 1
And for someone who has spent so much "time in and around Hill Murray" you are the last one who should be talking about the Select teams.

I say RW 4(Empty netter) Lourdes 2 for tonights game now
HomeBarkingDog

Post by HomeBarkingDog »

southernmnscout wrote:
Red Wing 1
And for someone who has spent so much "time in and around Hill Murray" you are the last one who should be talking about the Select teams.

what are you talking about?
southernmnscout

HomeBarkingDog wrote:
southernmnscout wrote:
Red Wing 1

In some of your previoous posts you were saying to someone that you have/had spent time in and out of HM
HomeBarkingDog

Post by HomeBarkingDog »

southernmnscout wrote:
HomeBarkingDog wrote:
southernmnscout wrote: And for someone who has spent so much "time in and around Hill Murray" you are the last one who should be talking about the Select teams.

In some of your previoous posts you were saying to someone that you have/had spent time in and out of HM
I think yo uwere mistaken then...I have never have been or will be associated with HM