Duluth vs Iron Range CCM game

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mightydog

Post by Mightydog »

Why is it that everytime a certain player/players does not make a team , be it a Tournament team, Selects or an All Star team, that a few of the people here on Minnhock say its a popularity contest. Why can't they just realize that the player may not fit into what the coach or coaches are looking for. If the teams were picked by players or students I think you would have a legit arguement. When you speak out like this most will assume that it was your son or daughter that DID NOT make the team.

And it's always the same guy talking about this. I haven't seen him in some time. I've been pretty quiet for quite some time but it's tough to stomach the same guy/guys always whining. Let these kids have some fun...someone must have recognized they can play or can offer something to their team. Give some credit and don't be so negative with these kids cause its about them not us as adults....like it or not!

Let'em Play!!!!
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

Mightydog wrote:Why is it that everytime a certain player/players does not make a team , be it a Tournament team, Selects or an All Star team, that a few of the people here on Minnhock say its a popularity contest. Why can't they just realize that the player may not fit into what the coach or coaches are looking for. If the teams were picked by players or students I think you would have a legit arguement. When you speak out like this most will assume that it was your son or daughter that DID NOT make the team.

And it's always the same guy talking about this. I haven't seen him in some time. I've been pretty quiet for quite some time but it's tough to stomach the same guy/guys always whining. Let these kids have some fun...someone must have recognized they can play or can offer something to their team. Give some credit and don't be so negative with these kids cause its about them not us as adults....like it or not!

Let'em Play!!!!
Bugliosi is 4th in the IRC in scoring. How does he not make the roster. Its a joke and completely laughable. Watching Hibbing vs. Falls the attentinon was on Youso/Corrin and Johnson/Bugliosi. This Little kid should not be on the team bottom line. He works hard and gives it 110%! Great!! Thats all fine and dandy but there's no production from this kid. Bugliosi is one of the best players on the range and he got snubbed big time. By the looks of this team that Prettyman character up their in the "Ice Capital" must picked the team himself. I'm surprised they didn't send the entire falls roster being how good they were this year.
Mightydog

Post by Mightydog »

I agree with what you are saying for the most part Gopher but there are a couple of individuals on here that has only one thing on his mind and not thinking about the kids. There were some players that were overlooked for whatever reason it may be, we will never know and only assume.

I get sick and tired of the same couple of parents always complaining when obviously their kid didn't make the team. Apparently they have a different view of how their kid plays. Might be time to wake up and realize that their player isn't at the elite level that they think he is and quit trying to convince everyone else he is.

Again Gopher, you bring up some good points but there isn't anything we can do about the decisions that are made. We should be wishing these players luck and not criticize them for making a team. Nothing worse than seeing your name being thrown under the bus after you received good news about playing in the CCM. It's pretty degrading.

Good luck to everyone who made the team. And to answer one question....no my kid didn't make the team either. Disapointed....yes...gonna make excuses and complain to everyone...NO. Nor will I ever make a lame excuse why my kid didn't make a team. PERIOD!
nickmon3

Post by nickmon3 »

Mightydog wrote:I agree with what you are saying for the most part Gopher but there are a couple of individuals on here that has only one thing on his mind and not thinking about the kids. There were some players that were overlooked for whatever reason it may be, we will never know and only assume.

I get sick and tired of the same couple of parents always complaining when obviously their kid didn't make the team. Apparently they have a different view of how their kid plays. Might be time to wake up and realize that their player isn't at the elite level that they think he is and quit trying to convince everyone else he is.

Again Gopher, you bring up some good points but there isn't anything we can do about the decisions that are made. We should be wishing these players luck and not criticize them for making a team. Nothing worse than seeing your name being thrown under the bus after you received good news about playing in the CCM. It's pretty degrading.

Good luck to everyone who made the team. And to answer one question....no my kid didn't make the team either. Disapointed....yes...gonna make excuses and complain to everyone...NO. Nor will I ever make a lame excuse why my kid didn't make a team. PERIOD!
I know for a fact that most of the people who made comments on why bugliosi isnt playing arent even over the age of 21, so none of us are really mad cuz our "kid" didnt make the team...
The fighting team has a hockey problem
Mightydog

Post by Mightydog »

There is one that I know of due to the fact that he has made his voice clear in the past. But yes you are right, most of us are mature enough to realize the truths and facts.....but not all.
B K LOUNGE

Post by B K LOUNGE »

It seems that some people havent herd of " im looking for the right players, not the best" thats why little is there, character and hard work, "hard work beats talent, when you have talent that works hard thats when you have a superstar"!! (Neil Sheehy) The team will be all hibbing players in the next couple years so quit crying! The Rang hasent held the cup in that turny in a very long time and now its time to win.
dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 »

B K LOUNGE wrote:It seems that some people havent herd of " im looking for the right players, not the best" thats why little is there, character and hard work, "hard work beats talent, when you have talent that works hard thats when you have a superstar"!! (Neil Sheehy) The team will be all hibbing players in the next couple years so quit crying! The Rang hasent held the cup in that turny in a very long time and now its time to win.
hard work eh? ever seen jake doherty play? works harder than ANYONE on the ice.
gophers101

Post by gophers101 »

B K LOUNGE wrote:It seems that some people havent herd of " im looking for the right players, not the best" thats why little is there, character and hard work, "hard work beats talent, when you have talent that works hard thats when you have a superstar"!! (Neil Sheehy) The team will be all hibbing players in the next couple years so quit crying! The Rang hasent held the cup in that turny in a very long time and now its time to win.
In Bugliosi's case he has tons of talent and he works super hard and is better than Little or whatever his name is. So no, I'm not going to quit complaining. Bugliosi got snubbed big time. This tourney is to showcase the best players in the North. Its very sad that one of the top 5 players in the north didn't get in.
Mightydog

Post by Mightydog »

And what good comes out of complaining? Ya made your point. Bugliosi maybe should have made it, or in some peoples opinion made it by a mile. Still need to support the players who did make it. It's a game and thats all. Their future does not lie on this tourny. For some this is all they will ever get. Let them have fun in the moment.

Sound like you need to coach Gopher?! Volunteer your time and start with a youth program and you can listen to all the complaining you can stomach. I'll tell ya right now most don't last long due to this topic.

Still, you do bring up great points about certain players Gopher. Funny we have not heard from the guy who claims this is a popularity contest. Hmmm. Does he have a kid in a program?
PuckTime

Post by PuckTime »

Mighty Dog, sounds like you're trying to bait someone that just wanted to state an opinion. Might be time to let it go. I don't for one minute believe you still have a high school player either, btw.

Some players make teams that they should or shouldn't have made, some players dont who should have. Different coaches looking for different things. Could be a popularity contest, could be a good player, could be about who you know. Life isn't totally fair either.
It will all come out in the wash in the end...
SEE YOU AT THE RINK
Mightydog

Post by Mightydog »

Good points. Baiting.... no just sick of it I guess. I'll take your advice and let it go. And BTW I do have a H.S. player in a program. What rink will I see ya at?
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

It is good to see 4 Rapids kids in it this year. Would of Thought Klieny from Rapids but oh well. Go Iron Range.
northshore guy

Post by northshore guy »

Not sure about many kids up there but what about that D from Two Harbors- Comrie. How was he? He seemed he had a pretty good season.
PuckTime

Post by PuckTime »

northshore guy wrote:Not sure about many kids up there but what about that D from Two Harbors- Comrie. How was he? He seemed he had a pretty good season.
I believe it is just for players who played in the Iron Range conference.
SEE YOU AT THE RINK
2good4u

Post by 2good4u »

yep looks like another duluth area sweep as usual, too bad smalley's coaching the duluth team, that definitely gives the coaching edge to the range
ryno44

Post by ryno44 »

2good4u wrote:yep looks like another duluth area sweep as usual, too bad smalley's coaching the duluth team, that definitely gives the coaching edge to the range
You can't say that. You thought Hermantown would put Hibbing into running time.
B K LOUNGE

Post by B K LOUNGE »

Yeah iv seen the kid play, not impressed, not even a little!! :lol: Go Range
B K LOUNGE

Post by B K LOUNGE »

p.s. Bugliosi isnt one of the top 5 players on the range, he's good but maybe top ten, dont kid your-self the top players are as follows. . . . . . .Hendrikson, Corrin, Youso, Eddy, Johnson, Christionson, Skrbec, Moore, then you could through Bugliosi in with a hand full of other players. and fight over who gets the next two spots to be in the top 10, No big deal.
ryno44

Post by ryno44 »

B K LOUNGE wrote:p.s. Bugliosi isnt one of the top 5 players on the range, he's good but maybe top ten, dont kid your-self the top players are as follows. . . . . . .Hendrikson, Corrin, Youso, Eddy, Johnson, Christionson, Skrbec, Moore, then you could through Bugliosi in with a hand full of other players. and fight over who gets the next two spots to be in the top 10, No big deal.
Hendrickson is NOT #1 on the range. Corrin, he is a nut and shouldnt't be playing. I agreed with Bugliosi being top 10, but he does deserve to be on this team. He not only works hard but is good.
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

ryno44 wrote:
B K LOUNGE wrote:p.s. Bugliosi isnt one of the top 5 players on the range, he's good but maybe top ten, dont kid your-self the top players are as follows. . . . . . .Hendrikson, Corrin, Youso, Eddy, Johnson, Christionson, Skrbec, Moore, then you could through Bugliosi in with a hand full of other players. and fight over who gets the next two spots to be in the top 10, No big deal.
Hendrickson is NOT #1 on the range. Corrin, he is a nut and shouldnt't be playing. I agreed with Bugliosi being top 10, but he does deserve to be on this team. He not only works hard but is good.
Who's #1 on the range if its not Hendrickson?
mnhockeynemn

Post by mnhockeynemn »

gophers101 wrote:
Mightydog wrote:Why is it that everytime a certain player/players does not make a team , be it a Tournament team, Selects or an All Star team, that a few of the people here on Minnhock say its a popularity contest. Why can't they just realize that the player may not fit into what the coach or coaches are looking for. If the teams were picked by players or students I think you would have a legit arguement. When you speak out like this most will assume that it was your son or daughter that DID NOT make the team.

Let'em Play!!!!
Bugliosi is 4th in the IRC in scoring. How does he not make the roster. Its a joke and completely laughable. Watching Hibbing vs. Falls the attentinon was on Youso/Corrin and Johnson/Bugliosi. This Little kid should not be on the team bottom line. He works hard and gives it 110%! Great!! Thats all fine and dandy but there's no production from this kid. Bugliosi is one of the best players on the range and he got snubbed big time. By the looks of this team that Prettyman character up their in the "Ice Capital" must picked the team himself. I'm surprised they didn't send the entire falls roster being how good they were this year.
Watch what you say, this is so stupid, its back to you and your hibbing guys complaining about how good your players are, where, should be whatever. Give it up. Its not ONE coach that picks this team you moron! You could always take Decenzo out and put your buddy in his place since he's a senior?? How bout that? Nah I didn't think so, you or your coach.. Grow up!
Northern Minnesota, Now that's real Hockey!
mnhockeynemn

Post by mnhockeynemn »

ryno44 wrote:
This comming from a kid from Hibbing, are you even on varsity or even jv, I don't rememver your name being in the program and your not exactly the best goalie so how are you to judge. Please don't tell me you think the #1 guy is Decenzo, that is a joke!
Northern Minnesota, Now that's real Hockey!
Off Sides

Post by Off Sides »

Teams are selected by coach ballots and nominations sent out to coaches in some fashion and accumulated by Kernz companies.
Please do not bash any player who has been selected. Although there are some problems with the process that lead to maybe not the best players being selected. The players chosen should be respected.
I dont believe the coaches have any say in their team.
This is a great opportunity for the kids selected as they play 2 highly visable games in front of a large number of scouts from the NAHL, USHL, D-1, and D-3 schools. The cost to the kids is zero unless the kids want to buy there jerseys.
One other point: games and events like this are very important to serious kids who want to be scouted and continue to play hockey. It is very important that these teams are selected with the greatest concern for the kids as possible. The timing of the event magnifies this event as the JR teams have seen the state tourney, section playoffs, and are in the processs of offering there tenders and establishing draft lists. They use this event to see players they are interested in playing against like competition. I know there have been omissions that have been questioned by the scouts. The better the player selection process the more scouts will attend.
dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 »

we'll see how well hendrickson plays in the all star game, id bet maybe one goal. and every check, he'll drop to his kness, just watch, thats if he doesnt run away. everybody else who has committed to D1 and excellent showings to show why they are going to the next level. to say he is under close attention is false, he shines in certain games. he did not score against hermantown this year. krause scored in both games
dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 »

mnhockeynemn wrote:
ryno44 wrote:
This comming from a kid from Hibbing, are you even on varsity or even jv, I don't rememver your name being in the program and your not exactly the best goalie so how are you to judge. Please don't tell me you think the #1 guy is Decenzo, that is a joke!
decenzo is only a junior, im pretty sure everybody from hibbing would agree johnson first for hibbing. there are a bunch of guys capable of that one spot but to hendrickson i wouldnt give it to. i know ive said this before but hockey is physical, and thats something he is not.