Duluth Easts breezers

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

what color breezers should duluth east have?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:44 pm

red
50%
black
50%

Total votes: 20

HasNoMoves

Duluth Easts breezers

Post by HasNoMoves » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:44 pm

why on earth has DE not abandoned those red breezers in favor of something like black? Those dull red breezers look horendous...still my favorite team of the north but some new breezer color would look nice...look like a million bucks...play like a million bucks.

wbmd

Re: Duluth Easts breezers

Post by wbmd » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:46 pm

HasNoMoves wrote:why on earth has DE not abandoned those red breezers in favor of something like black? Those dull red breezers look horendous...still my favorite team of the north but some new breezer color would look nice...look like a million bucks...play like a million bucks.
Go with black. When White Bear wears their orange breezers, they are nothing but dirty looking.

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:47 pm

HasNoMoves wrote:why on earth has DE not abandoned those red breezers in favor of something like black? Those dull red breezers look horendous...still my favorite team of the north but some new breezer color would look nice...look like a million bucks...play like a million bucks.
Hey, I like the red. Complements the white jerseys better.

Let me ask my wife, though. She's the fashion consultant in this household. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

HasNoMoves

Post by HasNoMoves » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:50 pm

east hockey wrote:
Hey, I like the red. Complements the white jerseys better.

Let me ask my wife, though. She's the fashion consultant in this household. :mrgreen:

Lee
the red does look nice with the white jerseys but i thought they look horrible with the black jerseys, black socks, and black helmets..i know its not a fashion show but its just soemthing that really stuck out to me

No Political Connections

Post by No Political Connections » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:40 pm

On one hand, black is such a slimming color and we all know how those breezers can make your butt look bigger than it really is. OTOH, with the way they play they can wear what ever color they want. I will leave the burnt orange breezer color commentary with regards to WBL alone.

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 pm

No Political Connections wrote:On one hand, black is such a slimming color and we all know how those breezers can make your butt look bigger than it really is. OTOH, with the way they play they can wear what ever color they want. I will leave the burnt orange breezer color commentary with regards to WBL alone.
What part of it was too tempting? The word "burnt"? :)

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006

No Political Connections

Post by No Political Connections » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:20 pm

east hockey wrote:
No Political Connections wrote:On one hand, black is such a slimming color and we all know how those breezers can make your butt look bigger than it really is. OTOH, with the way they play they can wear what ever color they want. I will leave the burnt orange breezer color commentary with regards to WBL alone.

Lee
Add mind reading to your list of things you do very well.

:)

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:42 pm

No Political Connections wrote:
east hockey wrote:

Lee
Add mind reading to your list of things you do very well.

:)
Well, it's a short list....

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006

EHSHack

Post by EHSHack » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:11 pm

I'm sure if you supply them with 30+sets of breezers they will gladly wear them. ISD709 isn't exactly full of cash at the moment.
Go Hounds.

No Political Connections

Post by No Political Connections » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:27 pm

Maybe they can find a building to sell or something to get some breezer money :) I hear that they will have a high school for sale unless the Red Plan, the Modified Red Plan, the double secret modified red plan or what ever plan they are on now gets shot down. All I know for sure is that I am very happy that we lucked out and wound up in a different district.

Penalty Shot

Post by Penalty Shot » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:54 pm

I believe the red breezers especially the last design with the ranger trim complimented by the east black jerseys, socks, and helmets are classics, one of the tops in the state in my opinion. If East wore red jerseys then I would go with Black breezers.

EHSHack

Post by EHSHack » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:13 pm

If East wore red jerseys I would shoot myself.
Go Hounds.

Chris J

Post by Chris J » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:17 pm

Aren't East's unis kind of a knockoff of the Rangers? I always assumed that's where the red breezers came from.

FormerBengal

Post by FormerBengal » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:34 pm

they are CLASSIC!! I love them. best uniforms in the state. The dull worn out look looks sweet. Kind of like when a goalie wears some old pads that look worn out. example, apple valleys goalie. I would love to have those breezers, they look comfortable and not stiff like breezers typicly are. I hope they never get new uniforms. new uniforms usually look terrible. Blaine had some sweet jerseys in 2000, the new ones are crap. except for the alt blue jerseys. those are tight.

BigWorm

Post by BigWorm » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:01 pm

EHSHack wrote:If East wore red jerseys I would shoot myself.
I was watching the Mighty Ducks the other day on Encore.. And it was the first time I realized Gordon Bombay's penalty shot miss off the pipe in the championship game was against Duluth East.. The red jersey the Duluth East goalie was wearing threw me off for all these years.. The quality in this video is bad but fast forward to 2:35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9WK9oqs ... playnext=1 ..

Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:16 am

If East wanted new breezers, they would get new breezers.

bronco2828

Post by bronco2828 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:46 am

You all no the deal, If you go Black You'll Never Go Back.

DuluthHockeyBoy

Post by DuluthHockeyBoy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:18 am

The breezers will not go to black- at least with the current coaching regime. There is some significance- DE teams in youth hockey wear black, and the first time you get to wear the red breezers is at High School. I think its a great look, and I enjoy seeing some of the throwback looks mixed in with the boring stuff. One of the best uniforms in the state over the years.
If you want to check out some bad breezers- remember those Rochester (I think it was Lourdes) ones from last year? If I remember right, they were purple with blue jerseys- something like that. I can't believe there wasn't one mom who said: "that doesn't match". When I first saw them, I seriously thought they had lost some uniforms and had to borrow them.
Also, I'd like to see a few more teams go with the gophers "M" for their logo- how original.
:wink: