AA Consolation semifinals

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Empty goal for North.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

East 4
North 2

Final, I wish Janetta would have been that good last night.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

East hangs on for the 4-2 win, setting up an all-North consolation final tomorrow. Good luck Hounds and Rams!

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
mj79

Post by mj79 »

the score wasnt dominating by any means , seeing as how they got 3 against HM which is 10x the team Lakeville is..

Im assuming typical east play? Overpowering, and outshooting them by quite a bit?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

mj79 wrote:the score wasnt dominating by any means , seeing as how they got 3 against HM which is 10x the team Lakeville is..

Im assuming typical east play? Overpowering, and outshooting them by quite a bit?
SOG were something like 40-24.

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

goldy313 wrote:East 4
North 2

Final, I wish Janetta would have been that good last night.
I wish the defense wouldnt have given up 4+ odd man rush goals.
Go Hounds.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Pretty typical East game; they controlled throughout, parrticularly in the 2nd. North isn't nearly as bad as some people make them out to be, either. The end of the first game was great too; I walked in when it was 5-4 Blaine, and it was 6-5 by the time I found a seat. But the highlight of the day was watching the end of Mahtomedi-Hermantown on the Mariucci tvs during the 2nd intermission--what a finish (even Dave Esse, who was standing next to me, thought so. Nice to see him come down and watch the Hounds at state). The conso final tomorrow should be a fun one.
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

karl(east) wrote:Pretty typical East game; they controlled throughout, parrticularly in the 2nd. North isn't nearly as bad as some people make them out to be, either. The end of the first game was great too; I walked in when it was 5-4 Blaine, and it was 6-5 by the time I found a seat. But the highlight of the day was watching the end of Mahtomedi-Hermantown on the Mariucci tvs during the 2nd intermission--what a finish (even Dave Esse, who was standing next to me, thought so. Nice to see him come down and watch the Hounds at state). The conso final tomorrow should be a fun one.
Esse is a very classy guy. Hopefully he has a team capable of getting back to state in the near future, he does a lot with the talent he has, but the last two years there has been virtually zero talent at C-E-C, good luck to East in the Consolation Championship.
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

karl(east) wrote:Pretty typical East game; they controlled throughout, parrticularly in the 2nd. North isn't nearly as bad as some people make them out to be, either. The end of the first game was great too; I walked in when it was 5-4 Blaine, and it was 6-5 by the time I found a seat. But the highlight of the day was watching the end of Mahtomedi-Hermantown on the Mariucci tvs during the 2nd intermission--what a finish (even Dave Esse, who was standing next to me, thought so. Nice to see him come down and watch the Hounds at state). The conso final tomorrow should be a fun one.
I saw both games today at Mariucci, and thought Blaine looked great for the better part of two periods. Then the 3rd period started, Roseau got two early, and Blaine just stopped skating. Then a Blaine player took a dumb penalty, while already killing one to begin a 5 on 3 for Roseau. Roseau took full advantage scoring two PP goals, and actually took the lead. I was in shock by how poorly Blaine played in the 3rd period. Alot of credit to Roseau for not giving up, and a tough finish to a Blaine team that was expected too compete for the AA championship.

The Duluth East game went as predicted as they controlled the puck, and the play for the majority of the game. Should be a good one tomorrow vs the Rams.

Also, during the 2nd period intermission it was cool to see a number of people surrounding each TV that goes around Mariucci arena. A classic at the X!
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

I am glad East has a chance to bring home some hardware.......good luck..
MnPride2

Post by MnPride2 »

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:
mulefarm wrote:Not a good showing for Mr Hockey. An embarassing tournament for Blaine.
Can he unaccelerate and stay at Blaine.

It has not worked out real well for anyone else.

No reason for him to stay at Blaine...
MnPride2

Post by MnPride2 »

RamWarrior wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote:
east hockey wrote:Empty net goal seals the win for Roseau, 7-5. Pretty nice comeback for the Rams there. Hoping they face East tomorrow for the consolation prize.

Lee
:shock: What a collapse!!!! OR, what a great comeback!!

Did Harper not play in nets for Blaine, or did he get pulled, because that's a shock he would give up 6 goals...???
I don't care who played net, you blow a 5 - 1 lead you have other issues like motivation. put that loss on the team not the goalie.
"other issues"...how bout the coach... :oops:
hereorthere

Post by hereorthere »

For those of you who went to the consolation semi's today. Can you get tickets before the game (consolation championship), and if so how much are they and how long do you have to wait in line?
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

hereorthere wrote:For those of you who went to the consolation semi's today. Can you get tickets before the game (consolation championship), and if so how much are they and how long do you have to wait in line?
Yes, Mariucci was selling tickets. But a number of people were selling them on the street for like 5 bucks. Also, so many people had extras, that it came to the point where people were just giving the tickets away.
hereorthere

Post by hereorthere »

Thanks wblhockey!
Lakeviewing

What Happened?

Post by Lakeviewing »

Blaine has mailed this one in. Again, we all look for big time players to step it up at State Tournement time. Bjugstad let this one get away.
HomeBarkingDog wrote:where was Bjugstad?
mj79

Post by mj79 »

any updates on east/roseau?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

mj79 wrote:any updates on east/roseau?
Right here:

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23330

Lee
Egomaniac since 2006
AVbrute83

Post by AVbrute83 »

Blaine needed some grinders or something. From what I hear that team has a lot of drama and outside influence.
They also stayed at a hotel instead of their own beds? Bad move if this is true. Keep things normal as possible and go home and take the bus to the game. Well thats what I would of done but I'm a nobody.
HockeyFan1

Post by HockeyFan1 »

AVbrute83 wrote:Blaine needed some grinders or something. From what I hear that team has a lot of drama and outside influence.
They also stayed at a hotel instead of their own beds? Bad move if this is true. Keep things normal as possible and go home and take the bus to the game. Well thats what I would of done but I'm a nobody.
How in the world can a team win if they have to stay in a hotel instead of their own beds?? :wink: