Did anyone's car paint get damaged at the tourney??

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

PoniesDad45

Did anyone's car paint get damaged at the tourney??

Post by PoniesDad45 »

My son parked in one of the ramps near the X. He said there was something dripping from the ceiling in the ramp. We have two spots on the hood of our black car and I cannot even touch them with wax. Seems the paint is ruined.
Pioneerprideguy

Re: Did anyone's car paint get damaged at the tourney??

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

PoniesDad45 wrote:My son parked in one of the ramps near the X. He said there was something dripping from the ceiling in the ramp. We have two spots on the hood of our black car and I cannot even touch them with wax. Seems the paint is ruined.
Since he was in the area, I would blame Housley. I know there can be a lot of salt in tears & salt can cause damage to cars. I just think Housely felt bad that he once again didn't get his team to state and the emotions overcame him as he parked his car at the top of the ramp & it made it's way onto your car. :wink:
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

and you wonder why people despise HM, totally uncalled for! ...oops, thats right I forgot the earth revolves around your hockey team
dontcallmeshirley

look this up

Post by dontcallmeshirley »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

read that and you will understand why you look bad. his snarky (and, I might add, funny) post about Housley had nothing to do with being from Hill-Murray, and you can't possibly be suggesting that there is some sort of flaw in the character of all Hill-Murray folk that is evidenced by a short, sarcastic joke.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Thanks for the english lesson, Suggest you review paranoia...I don't recall indicting the character of "all hill murray folk".
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

When you said "every one hates HM," that indicated that the Hill-Murray team and its fans.

Unless of course you meant the building... :roll:
Always celly hard.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Well that is not acurate either, I simply gave an example of ONE comment given by ONE hill fan that goes a long way toward perpetuating the feelings many allready have concerning their HOCKEY program. I don't care about Hill either way, I'm sure its a fine educational institution that takes great pride in their team. For those of us on the outside watching, its just that type of protagonist attitude that keeps the constant barrage of insults and inuendo going between the HM faithful and those that are less than thrilled with the Hill hockey program. Never did say hate..despised was the word I used.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

I for one am glad the high school season is over so I can concentrate on my favorite hockey team. Go Denver University!! :lol:
shakey

Post by shakey »

keepyourheadup wrote:Well that is not acurate either, I simply gave an example of ONE comment given by ONE hill fan that goes a long way toward perpetuating the feelings many allready have concerning their HOCKEY program. I don't care about Hill either way, I'm sure its a fine educational institution that takes great pride in their team. For those of us on the outside watching, its just that type of protagonist attitude that keeps the constant barrage of insults and inuendo going between the HM faithful and those that are less than thrilled with the Hill hockey program. Never did say hate..despised was the word I used.
Agree wholeheartedly.
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

Haha, as upset as I am about the hood of my car, I find it hilarious that a thread about paint being damaged can turn into a Hill Murray Hockey argument!

:lol:
wblhockeyfan8

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

keepyourheadup wrote:Well that is not acurate either, I simply gave an example of ONE comment given by ONE hill fan that goes a long way toward perpetuating the feelings many allready have concerning their HOCKEY program. I don't care about Hill either way, I'm sure its a fine educational institution that takes great pride in their team. For those of us on the outside watching, its just that type of protagonist attitude that keeps the constant barrage of insults and inuendo going between the HM faithful and those that are less than thrilled with the Hill hockey program. Never did say hate..despised was the word I used.
Despise;
1.to look down on with contempt or aversion
2.to regard as negligible, worthless, or distasteful

It's a little immature to let a joke by an anonymous poster on the internet drive your dislike for a hockey program. If you want to express your negative feelings towards the hockey program, then you should be more specific.

While I'm asking, define "protagonist attitude." Because I'm pretty sure that's not a bad thing...
Always celly hard.
wblhockeyfan8

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

PoniesDad45 wrote:Haha, as upset as I am about the hood of my car, I find it hilarious that a thread about paint being damaged can turn into a Hill Murray Hockey argument!

:lol:
It shouldn't have been! :lol:

Some people just CANNOT shy away from recruiting talks... [-X
Always celly hard.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

ponies dad I agree , I guess Ill except the fact I just can't figure out the humor of taking a shot at Housley by an HM fan on a thread about car damage. Considering the history of this forum it seemed like more of the same old BS. Who brought up recruiting? First time on this thread...your almost there keep pushing and I'll bet we can digress right into it.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Busted on protagonist meant antagonist..should of gone to hill..my attempt at humor
wblhockeyfan8

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

keepyourheadup wrote:Busted on protagonist meant antagonist..should of gone to hill..my attempt at humor
I'm not one to jump on you for that!
If you correct yourself, you're in the clear!

The worst people on the internet are those who question your intelligence based on a accidental error on "your and you're." Or in this case mixing up a suffix.
I'm not that guy!

Plus, you're right you never said anything about recruiting, I definitely took that form another thread I was reading. My fault.
Always celly hard.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

No offense taken.....lets just hope the guys deductible will cover it!
PoniesDad45

Post by PoniesDad45 »

keepyourheadup wrote:ponies dad I agree , I guess Ill except the fact I just can't figure out the humor of taking a shot at Housley by an HM fan on a thread about car damage. Considering the history of this forum it seemed like more of the same old BS. Who brought up recruiting? First time on this thread...your almost there keep pushing and I'll bet we can digress right into it.
I really don't understand it, I have a feeling it all stems from some argument way before I registered here. Actually I enjoy Youngblood and PPG's banter, most of the time it's pretty humorous.

I'm really pissed about my car though! And I found out my wife threw the parking stub out so there goes my proof. :evil:
Joey (nine toes) Marcoux

Post by Joey (nine toes) Marcoux »

How much you want for the car? :lol: :lol: :lol:
TCoachF

Post by TCoachF »

Happened to my wife's van too except I have about 15 big drips. I got some of it off with rubbing compound but I am going to have to take it to a body shop to have them buff it off. The paint is fine underneath but I have no idea what the chemical is.
gaborik

Post by gaborik »

road salt?
Ken Dryden

Post by Ken Dryden »

I had that happen too in a parking ramp. I think it may be limestone from the concrete.

I left mine (old car!) and when things heated up in the summer with the sun shining on it, it baked completely off.