Twin Ports Starts tonight

Please post all discussion of these items to this forum.

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Mr Hockey

Twin Ports Starts tonight

Post by Mr Hockey » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:52 pm

The Twin Ports Prep Boys Hockey League starts tonight in Duluth. There are openings for four players tonight at the Gold Level (Bantam move ups for next year and current JV Players).

If you want to play in the league simply show up at Mars Lakeview Arena tonight at 6pm. Hopefully you live in the area as we only can take four players tonight and will have to turn away players if more than four show up.

We also have two games tomorrow at 5:15pm and 6:45pm at Mars. Each team needs two players to fill their rosters. You must email info@northlandhockeygroup.com immediately if you want to play on one of the teams tomorrow. Leave a phone number so I can call you back.

Information about the league is available at www.northlandhockeygroup.com.

hockeysoundral94

Post by hockeysoundral94 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Yeah tonight in gold Super8 plyed Backhand Hockey. Final score 4 to 3 but what i found funny was that back hand didn't pull their golie till four seconds left. Yeah i know its the first game, but thats just common hockey sense to pull your goalie with a minute left. Oh well. Both teams played well and i think there were two penalties a side with #18 Griffiths getting one for Super8. I know that #6 (his name is Forest) for super8 had 1 goal with an assist to # 17 Blasy who got another assist to the player from Pine city. His goal was a shot from the Blue line trying to get a line change. I saw that once and the goalie was pulled. A fluke goal kinda. But a goal is a goal i guess. # 15 TJ Lyle also got the third goal. The fourth goal was a scrum in front with Forest, pine city and their line mate (sorry i couldn't get his name or number). Their goalie # 31 was from Grandrapids and had about 28 shots for 25 saves. Not bad. 89.28 save %. Nice job Super 8 and Backhand was a good team with players from Hermantown. Sorry, I didn't catch who scored from them. It happened to quick. One goal was a save but the Super8 tendy let it fall through. That was the 3rd goal. Lyle, Griffths and Blasy were out there. Although, they definatly were the stronger forwards on the Super8 team. Nothing against the rest of the team but they just were almost always in the opponets end and all three played JV Last year. Great game for Both. :D :D :D :D :D :D

OverRatedOrHated2010??

Goalies?

Post by OverRatedOrHated2010?? » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:02 am

Do you guys need any goalies for this league? im a H/S level goalie and i need somewhere to play till Jrs try outs...