Teams in the MJHL with their own locker room

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

slapshot445

Teams in the MJHL with their own locker room

Post by slapshot445 »

I have heard from many that in the MJHL some teams are treated much better than other teams in terms of perks while playing with them. I know that the Lakers and Ice Hawks have their own locker rooms, but are there any others?
huville

Post by huville »

Hudson, Owls, Lights, Flying Aces, Spooner and Granite City all have their own lockerrooms. Only 1 I'm not sure about is Maple Grove
mjnerd

Post by mjnerd »

All teams in the MJ have their own locker rooms. Maybe the question you should ask is how many teams in the MJ make their players drive their own vehicles to games? Or how many teams feed their players after games? supply tape before games? etc.. I think Rochester, Wisconsin and Granite City are the only ones that travel by bus to all games, feed players after games and supply players with locker room items.
huville

Post by huville »

Why would the Lakers take a Bus to a Lights game??? They are literally 5 miles away from each other.
quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

I know Wisconsin has a nicer locker room than some NA teams...
crash

Post by crash »

Rochester's room is the old USHL room.

NOTHING IN SPOONER IS NICE...except the weightroom, other than that you are better off playing hocky on Rice Lake than in in that place.

Rinks in the MJHL are up and down.

Rochester is a great Jr rink and it gets loud during games. Seem to own the arena, very nice set up.

Granite City is nice but not real 'home team' feel. I don't know, it feel like a public rink, Rochester feels like Ice Hawks Rink.

Owls have a pretty good hockey watching barn and it Feel like their Rink, but SOOOO many other things make that program less than it could be.

Spooner is a joke of a rink to watch hockey sitting on cement steps, surounded by rusting metal and the people :roll: there is a reason they live in the Northwoods and don't just hunt there :wink:

Edina is brutal, it's a peewee rink, at best. I don't know why they moved from the old place, that was nice.

Northern Lights play at BIG. OK rink but they have no pull and at times seem to be a burden on the rink. They played home games at other rinks this year too. Kind of a joke but it's not a bad set up, deff not "Home of the Lights" feeling tho

Little Falls is a joke. Tin Can comes to mind. Not even good for high school games.

Hudson is another joke. At least the coffee is good. Much like Little Falls, but a touch better.

Maple Grove is very nice but that program should curl up and die. Nice rink or not I wouldn't let my kid play in Maple Grove.
slapshot445

Post by slapshot445 »

okay so what teams are treated good or bad overall in terms of perks for playing with the team?
sriverhockey

Post by sriverhockey »

I'm not sure you can call the Lights a "team locker room" It's basically a cinder block room with fold up chairs that maybe fits half of the team. For the amount of money the kids pay you would think some of it would filter down to at least some perks for the players.