2010/2011 H. S. Girls Scores

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Defensive Zone

2010/2011 H. S. Girls Scores

Post by Defensive Zone »

Any scores this week?
Rookie19

Post by Rookie19 »

JM upsets Mayo 3-2 opening night 8)
bghockey

2010-11 scores

Post by bghockey »

Mound Westonka/W-M over Tartan 5-2.
northshore guy

Post by northshore guy »

Shakopee beat East Ridge 6-1. Menke 2g 3A and Hespenheide with 3g. Girls hockey Hub has Benson Area with an 11-1 win over Redwood Valley.
Duluth 3-1 over Silver Bay/cc/th/ely/be
Mankato East 3-2 over Albert Lea
North Wright County 3-2 over Sartell
hockeya1a

Post by hockeya1a »

Tonka 3-1 over HM
iceage

Post by iceage »

hockeya1a wrote:Tonka 3-1 over HM
I saw the Tonka-HM game. The first period went very strongly to Tonka (leading 3-0, and outshooting HM 15-5 after one). After that HM elevated their game and outscored Tonka 1-0 and outshooting them 17-16 over the 2nd and 3rd periods. The goalies, Friend and McKeever played very well.

Observations:
-Except for PP and PK, Hill ran 4 lines. Tonka dressed 13 beyond goalies. Tonka was getting gassed in the 3rd period. I think that Megan McGlynn could move up. She played well for the Tonka JVs.
- Tonka contained H. Brandt fairly well (about as well as you can) but HM Played well with lines 2-4. HM has to decide on 3 lines however if they expect wins against good teams.
- An overlooked player for HM is Tory Heller. She forechecked well, created scoring chances, and showed a lot of speed. I thought that Courtney Mc Dougal played well for Tonka (R. Ramsey is a given).
-HM needs more scoring beyond the first line. The 2nd line of Brittney Cusick, Margo Lund, and Tory Heller will score goals this years if they stay together.
- Both teams can take away positives but HM has to feel good after coming back the way that they did against a very good Minnetonka team.
hockeym11

Post by hockeym11 »

iceage wrote:
I saw the Tonka-HM game. The first period went very strongly to Tonka (leading 3-0, and outshooting HM 15-5 after one). After that HM elevated their game and outscored Tonka 1-0 and outshooting them 17-16 over the 2nd and 3rd periods. The goalies, Friend and McKeever played very well.

Observations:
-Except for PP and PK, Hill ran 4 lines. Tonka dressed 13 beyond goalies. Tonka was getting gassed in the 3rd period. I think that Megan McGlynn could move up. She played well for the Tonka JVs.
- Tonka contained H. Brandt fairly well (about as well as you can) but HM Played well with lines 2-4. HM has to decide on 3 lines however if they expect wins against good teams.
- An overlooked player for HM is Tory Heller. She forechecked well, created scoring chances, and showed a lot of speed. I thought that Courtney Mc Dougal played well for Tonka (R. Ramsey is a given).
-HM needs more scoring beyond the first line. The 2nd line of Brittney Cusick, Margo Lund, and Tory Heller will score goals this years if they stay together.
- Both teams can take away positives but HM has to feel good after coming back the way that they did against a very good Minnetonka team.

I believe that you are confusing Tory Heller with Margo Lund. I saw Margo a few times last year and she has made an incredible transformation. she has size and speed that hill will need. Brandt, Brandt, and Lund will are by far their best players. The pioneers need to stop playing 4 lines it cost them last night and will in their next 5 games.
iceage

Post by iceage »

hockeym11 wrote:
iceage wrote:

Observations:

I believe that you are confusing Tory Heller with Margo Lund. I saw Margo a few times last year and she has made an incredible transformation. she has size and speed that hill will need. Brandt, Brandt, and Lund will are by far their best players. The pioneers need to stop playing 4 lines it cost them last night and will in their next 5 games.
No, I am not onfusing Heller with Lund. My comments stand.
joehockey

Post by joehockey »

You are both right Lund & Heller have tremendous potential - hopefully they become impact players this year - hustle won't be enogh, they have to play smart and in short they have to score consistently.

If Hill ran this line up last night - you expect great play from Brandt, Brandt up front & good goal from McKeever, and D from McGill and Curtiss.

Hill has been running 4 lines for the past 3 years and the HM opportunity are the girls in bold they have to defend and score this year - if they do HM will be in the hunt all year and may make their first trip to State.

Brandt-Brandt-Bobrowski
Cusik-Lund-Heller
Link-Zarembinski-Freeberg
Pelano-Long-Freeberg

Defense
Jenny Magill - Kennedy Houge D 8th grade
Mikayla Curtis - #9 Brittany Anderson D 9th grade
Sydney Fabian - #4 Grace Dwyer D 10
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Tuesday night:

EP 4
Prior Lake 1
royals dad

Post by royals dad »

Tuesday night

Burnsville 4
Hopkins 6

Burnsville scored 4 in the 1st, then Hopkins got 6 straight. Both teams showed their youth and will need to keep getting better as they move towards the conference schedules. Burnsville seemed to have a hard time getting going again after the 1st but at times looked really dominant and had a few that took a Hopkins bounce.
Bullgod

Post by Bullgod »

I watched the online stream of Hill vs. Tonka. One thing to note regarding Hill's first period shellacking. The announcers said the Hill team didn't arrive in Tonka until about 6:15. I assume they were stuck in traffic. Could be the reason for being a little slow in the first. They palyed well enough to win in the final two periods, as stated. Good game overall, look forward to the rest of the season
Bullgod

Post by Bullgod »

11/16

Irondale 5
WBL 3
observer

Post by observer »

11/18

Rosemount 5
Centennial 1

Upset? Rosemount skated 14. Did Centennial skate 20? The stats page shows 28 which probably wasn't input correctly.

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/game/show/1140598

I'm seeing some top girls teams skating just 13-14. Very interesting change that I didn't notice last season.
Gov78

Post by Gov78 »

11/19

Tonka - 3
Warroad - 1
DHMN

Post by DHMN »

Cloquet (CEC) and Eden Prairie skated to a 3-3 tie. it was 2-2 after the first 4 minutes then both goaltenders settled down. Cloquet skated 3 lines but by the end the first line was playing more and dragging some during the OT. Both teams had chances in the OT, and a point blank chance near the buzzer either hit the crossbar or was deflected high by the Eden Prairie goaltender.. I couldn't tell and others weren't sure.
Gov78

Post by Gov78 »

11/20

Tonka beat Roseau in OT but I don't have the final score.
hockeywild7

Post by hockeywild7 »

Stillwater 4
Cloquet 0

Good effort by Stillwater outshooting Cloquet 35-11
OntheEdge

Post by OntheEdge »

Edina 5, Hill Murray 1.
GirlsHockeyFan10

Post by GirlsHockeyFan10 »

Gov78 wrote:11/20

Tonka beat Roseau in OT but I don't have the final score.

2 to 1
jumpstart

Post by jumpstart »

Friday:
White Bear Lake 4, Grand Rapids 1
SOG: [Can't remember WBL's # of shots 30+ ?], GR 12.

Saturday:
White Bear Lake 7, Hibbing 0
SOG: WBL 50+, Hibbing 8
Angie Hall, 9th grade goalie, played both games and recorded her first Varsity shutout.

I was told that Roseville beat Hibbing on Friday 9 to 0 and had similar SOG numbers as WBL. I don't know how they did against Grand Rapids on Saturday.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Sat afternoon:

EP 8
Proctor/Hermantown/Marshall 0
Bullgod

Post by Bullgod »

an 8 save shut out is hardly noteworthy
mnhockeynemn

Post by mnhockeynemn »

Roseau also took I Falls 7-1 earlier this week.
Northern Minnesota, Now that's real Hockey!
allhoc11

Post by allhoc11 »

Bullgod wrote:an 8 save shut out is hardly noteworthy
I disagree, a shutout is a shutout, and sometimes the ones with fewer shots are more difficult.