Hill Murray vs. STA on Thursday 27th

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

genosniper

Hill Murray vs. STA on Thursday 27th

Post by genosniper »

You would have to think that HM will have the advantage. They beat Breck 8-0 and STA had to come from behind to win a one goal game.

Anybody disagree?
High Flyer

Re: Hill Murray vs. STA on Thursday 27th

Post by High Flyer »

genosniper wrote:You would have to think that HM will have the advantage. They beat Breck 8-0 and STA had to come from behind to win a one goal game.

Anybody disagree?
yes....
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

Shouldn't even be close
2012 pond hockey All Star
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Not going to say HM is going to crush STA. I know HM beat Breck 8-0 and STA struggled with that same Breck team; HOWEVER, this is one of the most unpredictable seasons I have seen in Boys HS hockey. You never know.

But I will say HM is the obvious favorite. 5-2 HM
The Puck
LGW
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Hill 6-2
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

At Aldrich over the last 5 seasons the series is tied 2-2 (in 07-08, STA/HM played Hill's home game at the X, not sure why). Goals are 15-8 in favor of Hill in those 4 games. I'd say the big advantage Hill has is in net. St Thomas is struggling to find identity in net, and it seems they are finding it in a sophomore, while Hill Murray has a veteran, senior in goal. Playing home for 5 of their last 6 games, the Pioneers have the clear advantage in this match up.

5-4 Cadets
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

HShockeywatcher wrote:At Aldrich over the last 5 seasons the series is tied 2-2 (in 07-08, STA/HM played Hill's home game at the X, not sure why). Goals are 15-8 in favor of Hill in those 4 games. I'd say the big advantage Hill has is in net. St Thomas is struggling to find identity in net, and it seems they are finding it in a sophomore, while Hill Murray has a veteran, senior in goal. Playing home for 5 of their last 6 games, the Pioneers have the clear advantage in this match up.

5-4 Cadets
Hockey Day MN I think....? Not sure though.
The Puck
LGW
genosniper

Post by genosniper »

its gonna be a really good game. STA likes to keep games close and this one will be the same.

4-3 Hill. Speed and depth are the deciding factor
mnpuckster

Post by mnpuckster »

This one wont be all that close fellas...
HM 6
STA 1
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

HShockeywatcher wrote:At Aldrich over the last 5 seasons the series is tied 2-2 (in 07-08, STA/HM played Hill's home game at the X, not sure why). Goals are 15-8 in favor of Hill in those 4 games. I'd say the big advantage Hill has is in net. St Thomas is struggling to find identity in net, and it seems they are finding it in a sophomore, while Hill Murray has a veteran, senior in goal. Playing home for 5 of their last 6 games, the Pioneers have the clear advantage in this match up.

5-4 Cadets
Was it sold out?
Saywhat?03

Post by Saywhat?03 »

HAHA.... I find myself laughing out loud when i see people saying this game wont be "close". STA has shown they can play with the best of the BIG schools(largest margin of defeat is 2 goals not to mention sog are alwats very close). It will be a great game and i bet the final score is 4-3.
mnpuckster

Post by mnpuckster »

SayWhat, It wont be close...come back in a few days after the game and tell us all why STA got smoked....
If STA keeps this one close, I will be willing to eat crow, but HM will ROLL ALL OVER THEM
High Flyer

Post by High Flyer »

mnpuckster wrote:SayWhat, It wont be close...come back in a few days after the game and tell us all why STA got smoked....
If STA keeps this one close, I will be willing to eat crow, but HM will ROLL ALL OVER THEM
what side dish do you like with your crow??
hockeyfan893

Post by hockeyfan893 »

All of this "HM is going to wipe the floor with them", as a general supporter of HM, is scaring me. It raises peoples expectations so that even if the game is close, people will consider it a flaw in Hill rather than a strength in STA. STA has consistently played great hockey against Hill, and this game will by the nature of these two programs and their history, be close.

4-2 Hill-Murray.
mnpuckster

Post by mnpuckster »

For the record, HM hockey is my least favorite team in all of sports, but they are going to be WAY too deep for STA
Saywhat?03

Post by Saywhat?03 »

but they are going to be WAY too deep for STA
but HM will ROLL ALL OVER THEM
Just curious how much of the green leaf you had back in your college days, assuming you went.

Last year Hill won at STA 4-2 and STA won at Hill 3-1. Both graduated some D1 prospects but have majority of team returning.....
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Since Hill-Murray has just taken over the top spot in Karl's rankings you should know they've got no chance in this one. :wink:
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

mnpuckster wrote:SayWhat, It wont be close...come back in a few days after the game and tell us all why STA got smoked....
St Thomas kept it close with Shattuck and was ahead for a good part of the game. Ended up losing by only 4.
puckster15

Post by puckster15 »

Will come down to goal tending and penalties. HM seems to have the edge in both, but you never know.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

BodyShots wrote:

5-4 Cadets
Was it sold out?
No, it was not sold out, Body.
The Puck
LGW
Hockeywatcher123

Post by Hockeywatcher123 »

puckster15 wrote:Will come down to goal tending and penalties. HM seems to have the edge in both, but you never know.
i agree with you that HM has the edge in goal tending. but what do you mean when you say penalties? STA has the number 2 PK percentage in the state and the number 8 PP percentage (per mnhockeyhub). not sure thats what you meant but STA does have an edge in special team imo
TheClipper

Post by TheClipper »

I am no fan of HM, but they win by 2 in a game in which they're never threatened.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Hill by 7 or 8

:D
puckster15

Post by puckster15 »

HM is too good, STA does not want to play short handed against a very strong passing team. Yes STA has strong special teams, but you really don't want to give HM those opportunities. I believe SSM had 3 power play goals against STA. Another good passing team.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

I see both teams are ranked number 1 in their respective classes by AP today.
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions