Hibbing at Rapids Friday 1/21

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:15 pm

Bluejackets
14%
Thunderhawks
86%

Total votes: 29

dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:54 pm

hats off to the adults in the hibbing student section who threw garbage at a few students, they always sit there, totally disrectptful and uncalled for yelling at them throughout the game
you can live in your car, but can't race your house

WHAFightingSaints

Post by WHAFightingSaints » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:00 pm

Curious to hear from the Hibbing fans as to what happened to their big line?

Only 13 total teams shots against a team not known for their defense, seems like pretty low total for the way the Jackets and that line have been hyped.

ryno44

Post by ryno44 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:20 pm

WHAFightingSaints wrote:Curious to hear from the Hibbing fans as to what happened to their big line?

Only 13 total teams shots against a team not known for their defense, seems like pretty low total for the way the Jackets and that line have been hyped.
The better team won, Tromp is the reason Rapids won by 2 goals. I thought the first period was the best one for Hibbing with the best chances but after that it was pretty much Rapids.

It's definitly time to get rid of the reserved seats thats for sure.

nickmon3

Post by nickmon3 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:09 am

dirtracing17 wrote:hats off to the adults in the hibbing student section who threw garbage at a few students, they always sit there, totally disrectptful and uncalled for yelling at them throughout the game
Some people need to act their age and quit living life though their kids sports :lol:
The fighting team has a hockey problem

norcon

Post by norcon » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:41 am

WHAFightingSaints wrote:Curious to hear from the Hibbing fans as to what happened to their big line?

Wasn't a great game to watch. Pretty sloppy play by both teams. The Hibbing goaltender did a great job keeping his team in the game. Didn't even notice the so-called "hyped line". That can happen when you play better competition.

14hockey

Post by 14hockey » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:40 am

The Hammer wrote:
dirtracing17 wrote:rapids does have the edge but hibbing will give them a game. this is always a rivalry game, not as much as virginia but the place is always packed, would be nice to see rapids reserved seating not be allowed so people can actually sit by there friends and family
Yes it's time to get rid of reserved seating at Rapids. Most people do not know that some of the seats are reserved. If the reserved seating is necessary lets put them all in the same section.
Some families have been sitting in their reserved spots for years. I don't think its fair to them that they have to give up their seats to some out of town family.

dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:01 pm

no they shouldnt have to move, but they know thats where the students are going to sit so why try to start stuff with them??

and who has reserved seating on the visitor side

14hockey

Post by 14hockey » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:45 pm

dirtracing17 wrote:no they shouldnt have to move, but they know thats where the students are going to sit so why try to start stuff with them??

and who has reserved seating on the visitor side
Agree some maturity is needed but visitor fans dont need a whole side of seats to sit in. Home fans should always have the first pick because they buy season seats months in advance.

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:40 pm

reserved seating or no reserved seating does not matter much. I like Hibbing and think they have a decent shot in section 7A this year. They are small but motor pretty good out on the ice and have very good goaltending. Rapids played well with the new line changes.

ryno44

Post by ryno44 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:32 pm

All these fans would have to do is get the alittle bit earlier. Hibbing's students filled up 2 sections of kids with some parents mixed in, and some parents mixed in decided to throw some garbage at some kids and fill their hoods with torn up rosters and other garbage. That gives all of the parents a bad look.

Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:01 pm

14hockey wrote:
The Hammer wrote:
dirtracing17 wrote:rapids does have the edge but hibbing will give them a game. this is always a rivalry game, not as much as virginia but the place is always packed, would be nice to see rapids reserved seating not be allowed so people can actually sit by there friends and family
Yes it's time to get rid of reserved seating at Rapids. Most people do not know that some of the seats are reserved. If the reserved seating is necessary lets put them all in the same section.
Some families have been sitting in their reserved spots for years. I don't think its fair to them that they have to give up their seats to some out of town family.
As a season ticket holder for a while now, I think it's about time to block off the sections in which season tickets can be sold, like the players bench side of the arena. The north end and penalty box side could then be general admission seating for visitors and anyone who doesn't want to spend the money up front on season tickets. That would be a lot better for the visitors then back in the day when the visitors only got sections A&B. But that would be opening a can of worms for the AD, so it probably won't ever happen.

Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:09 pm

pipersniper12 wrote:
rapidsrapids wrote:Anyone going to this game have a handheld mp3 recorder or some device to record the pep band music? Any help is much appreciated.
I go to watch hockey, not to record music. But, they might have something on the district 318 website.

As bad as this may sound- with nothing against the band - I kind of prefer the music over the PA. And they don't even play the opposing teams school song anymore? What's up with that?

Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:13 pm

mulefarm wrote:Not sure I'd call it a classic. Rapids wins 4-1. Out shoot Hibbing 37-12.
Boy, you almost nailed the SOG. Could playing on the smaller sheet of ice have affected the #1 line from HBG, or was it that GR was much more effective throughout the game with the forecheck? HBG looked very skiddish in numerous instances as the game went on.

dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Bigcat99 wrote:
mulefarm wrote:Not sure I'd call it a classic. Rapids wins 4-1. Out shoot Hibbing 37-12.
Boy, you almost nailed the SOG. Could playing on the smaller sheet of ice have affected the #1 line from HBG, or was it that GR was much more effective throughout the game with the forecheck? HBG looked very skiddish in numerous instances as the game went on.

the number one line for hibbing got a little fancy at times out there and lost control of the puck. not much else to say, it wasnt the ice, they always win in the section semis on that ice

WHAFightingSaints

Post by WHAFightingSaints » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:33 pm

What happened is Hibbing's much hyped top line played against a team with similar talent or more, and were neutralized. That's what happens when comparable teams play each other. The Jackets top line dominates lesser opponents and is very average against teams of similar abilities.

dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:06 pm

WHAFightingSaints wrote:What happened is Hibbing's much hyped top line played against a team with similar talent or more, and were neutralized. That's what happens when comparable teams play each other. The Jackets top line dominates lesser opponents and is very average against teams of similar abilities.
we'll see if that holds true next week when they play again

Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:32 pm

dirtracing17 wrote:
WHAFightingSaints wrote:What happened is Hibbing's much hyped top line played against a team with similar talent or more, and were neutralized. That's what happens when comparable teams play each other. The Jackets top line dominates lesser opponents and is very average against teams of similar abilities.
we'll see if that holds true next week when they play again
save me a seat right next to your cheering section! :) I'll be listening for your clever little cheers of K-F-C. Good luck!

trev2k1

Post by trev2k1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:51 pm

THIS IS TRUE

ryno44

Post by ryno44 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:27 pm

And what did Rapids' top line do against Hibbings top line? atleast Hibbing's players are all from Hibbing and none from the surrounding areas talent!

trev2k1

Post by trev2k1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm

the point is that nobody constantly talks up their first line like hibbing

dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:42 pm

trev2k1 wrote:the point is that nobody constantly talks up their first line like hibbing
if this top line is average, are you still going talking if they score next week?

ryno44

Post by ryno44 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:44 pm

trev2k1 wrote:the point is that nobody constantly talks up their first line like hibbing
As I said Rapids top line has Moore and Underwood (from Greenway) about 6th in AA in points? And Hibbing is around 1stin A. It was a good match up. I hope you really didn't expect them to put up huge numbers in Rapids? Again Rapids top line didn't do much either.

trev2k1

Post by trev2k1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:43 pm

didn't expect huge numbers... i am not trying to bash hibbing or their starting line at all, i think the team is tough and have some special talent. i dont know their exact starting line-up but anderson, decenzo, johnson have 65 % of the goals themselves. team really counts on them

WHAFightingSaints

Post by WHAFightingSaints » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:52 pm

dirtracing17 wrote:
if this top line is average, are you still going talking if they score next week?
I'm not saying these kids aren't talented, it takes talent and hard work to put up those numbers against any team. All I'm saying is that the numbers wouldn't be nearly as high if they were playing quality AA schools on a consistent bacis.

chubbs

Post by chubbs » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:54 pm

ryno i'm not trying to fight here just want to point out that gooden is not from hibbing