Student Fan Support

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

slyer

Post by slyer » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:28 pm

wow, if our kids are watching this crap, not good. i'm still trying to figure out why kardashians,hiltons and housewives are famous so sad

nikebauer05

Post by nikebauer05 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:28 pm

PuckU126 wrote:
slyer wrote:lets hope not, that is terrible tv. they say reality tv, so far from it
Oh, many of them are watching it. It's on MTV, and majority of kids that age watch that channel.

Every Thursday night; same as when most game are being played.

I wouldn't be surprised that some opted to watch that show instead of going to a game.

I sadly think it's plausible...

8)
Haha, a very plausible theory but doubtful. If that was true it would probably only apply to the high school girls.

PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:33 pm

GordonBombay99 wrote:Jersey Shore is beyond bad TV, I don't know how its lasted as long as it has.
It's like the Jerry Springer Show; mindless entertainment. It was hot of a few years but it has slowly died away.

The same will happen to this show and Justin Bieber.

Remember Aaron Carter? Probably not. He was like that little twerp and now no one cares about him.

Stay strong every one! The storm will pass and the fever will subside.

8)
The Puck
LGW

PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:35 pm

slyer wrote:i'm still trying to figure out why kardashians,hiltons and housewives are famous so sad
Everyone is trying to solve those puzzles. :lol:

8)
The Puck
LGW

nickmon3

Post by nickmon3 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:39 pm

If you want to see some great student sections and hear some equally great chants, come to the 7a section finals at amsoil arena on Wednesday. Huge rivalry between Hibbing and Virginia, and both teams seem to bring a great student section to almost every game. Today at Hibbing High School we got the usual speech about not chanting or booing the other team or basically we were told not to have fun. Student sections might chant some pretty crazy things, but who actually takes is seriously??? I think the administration should lay off the kids a bit and let us have some fun. Then maybe student attendance will increase. Why go watch a hockey game and get suspended for doing a couple "stupid" chants when you can go watch another sport (ex. basketball) and hang with friends and have a good time? The fact is that hockey isnt the same as it used to be. Rough play is frowned upon and few students attend, so why go? Its as simple as that.
The fighting team has a hockey problem

bjspud12

Post by bjspud12 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:34 am

Its the crap that school officials put on the student sections. Noone wants to go to a game where they cant make up good chants against the other team. Some might be pretty dirty but give me a break, that's what student sections at hockey games is all about. If you cant handle a few creative chants from the student section as a parent, principal or whoever, then go home and listen to the game on the radio. Moorhead used to have a great student section til everything they made up whether it was a chant or sign had to be okayed... wow

mn man

Post by mn man » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:35 am

PuckU126 wrote:The kids are too busy watching Jersey Shore.

8)
So, what is worse for your brain, watching Jersey Shore, or watching basketball? :lol:

PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:08 am

mn man wrote:So, what is worse for your brain, watching Jersey Shore, or watching basketball? :lol:

8)
The Puck
LGW

ryno44

Post by ryno44 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:01 pm

bjspud12 wrote:Its the crap that school officials put on the student sections. Noone wants to go to a game where they cant make up good chants against the other team. Some might be pretty dirty but give me a break, that's what student sections at hockey games is all about. If you cant handle a few creative chants from the student section as a parent, principal or whoever, then go home and listen to the game on the radio. Moorhead used to have a great student section til everything they made up whether it was a chant or sign had to be okayed... wow
I agree completely, high school sports is about cheering for your team and against the opponent.

EHSHack

Post by EHSHack » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:05 pm

nikebauer05 wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:
slyer wrote:lets hope not, that is terrible tv. they say reality tv, so far from it
Oh, many of them are watching it. It's on MTV, and majority of kids that age watch that channel.

Every Thursday night; same as when most game are being played.

I wouldn't be surprised that some opted to watch that show instead of going to a game.

I sadly think it's plausible...

8)
Haha, a very plausible theory but doubtful. If that was true it would probably only apply to the high school girls.
No, its true. There are ALOT of guys that watch that show.
Go Hounds.

hockeyfan1844

Post by hockeyfan1844 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:23 pm

I will say this im all for good chanting from the students, i actually look forward to it. The problem I saw was at the Hibbing vs. Central game, I have never seen such bad represetion of a school by the Central students section. Im all for the students digging at each other back and forth, but these students were down right terrible.

ryno44

Post by ryno44 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:50 pm

hockeyfan1844 wrote:I will say this im all for good chanting from the students, i actually look forward to it. The problem I saw was at the Hibbing vs. Central game, I have never seen such bad represetion of a school by the Central students section. Im all for the students digging at each other back and forth, but these students were down right terrible.
I agree, but I'm sure they will enjoy tomorrows game not being apart of it :lol:

bhshockey11

Looking in the wrong places

Post by bhshockey11 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:18 pm

If you guys want to see student fan support you should've been at the section 2aa final game last night, or any Burnsville hockey game.

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25710

WZTA JGB

Our student section is weak

Post by WZTA JGB » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:33 pm

As a wayzata high student, i could not agree more, our student section is not that great. But with 3300 students not that many people care enough about a particular sport to actually attend every game with the exception of football
2010-STATE CHAMPS
2011-2ND PLACE
2012-2ND PLACE

AV PUCK 17

Re: Looking in the wrong places

Post by AV PUCK 17 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:56 am

bhshockey11 wrote:If you guys want to see student fan support you should've been at the section 2aa final game last night, or any Burnsville hockey game.

Burnsvilles student section cannot compare to AV's.

bhshockey11

Re: Looking in the wrong places

Post by bhshockey11 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:00 pm

AV PUCK 17 wrote:
bhshockey11 wrote:If you guys want to see student fan support you should've been at the section 2aa final game last night, or any Burnsville hockey game.

Burnsvilles student section cannot compare to AV's.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

ryno44

Post by ryno44 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:16 pm

It's the ADs fault, they think they can dictate everything. Next year we can't say anything with SUCKS in it or SIEVE the goalie.