White Bear Lake vs. Lakeville North

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

White Bear Lake or Lakeville North

White Bear Lake
82%
Lakeville North
18%

Total votes: 22

wbmd

Post by wbmd »

j67686 wrote:Any truth to the rumor that Sager put in the backup goalie and that is how LN tied the game?
Michael Jordan did play, however, per Hockey Hub, all 4 goals were allowed by Schletty.
guitarer1c

Post by guitarer1c »

It's true. Up 3-1 with about 5 min left, Sager pulled Schletty in favor of Jordan. Jordan gave up the two goals that followed in regulation. Jordan played the first OT, but Schletty was back in for the second.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

To the best of my knowledge Jordan started the OT and that was his first action. (edit..We were watching the A game on the TV by the concession stand so WBL could have changed goalie and I didn't see it)

The officiating was pretty bad, to be fair 2 of WBL misconducts came on checking from behind calls, North had one as well. I thought all 3 were the right call and I usually think most of those should be boardings. WBL did themselves no favors and did take some dumb, not moving your feet penalties; maybe all the overtimes were getting to them. The missed slash was unbelievable. North hits you and hits you and hits you, it frustrates and wears on you, Lindgren keeps them in it, and just like their section game, 2 - 3 overtimes later they win.

I thought both goalies played very well, Schletty had a bit of a meltdown in front of him but was deserving of a better fate. Your team can't keep going to the box, they just can't. WBL had their chances, Wahlin clanged one of the post, they also had some powerplays but couldn't really get anything out of them; 2 late in the third with a 3-1 lead and 1 right away in the first OT. 6 minutes of PP in an 8-9 minute span and were outscored 2-0. That was the difference.

Stupid arena people told us that at 3 or after the second OT the game was going to be called on account of the Gopher game, so after the second OT we got up and started to leave like most of the people around us. We figured they just hadn't got the word to the people down below. Then we hear a roar, turn , and North won it in the 3rd OT. ARRGGGHHH.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

I've got to give some props to Lingren here. The last 4 games his team stepped on the ice clearly over matched but were able to win 3 of 4. Its a credit to both he and his team that they found a way to succeed. I'm curious if he'll be back or not, he could hand the job over to his younger brother who is also outstanding. Either way congrats LN for doing 1AA proud.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

I do want to say it was a great season for the seniors at WBL.

If I miss some names here, I apologize, but let me try and remember off the top of my head. If i did forget someone, please post..

Brandon Wahlin, Max Birkinbine, Mac Jansen, Ben Clark, Garen David, Brandon Baker, Jon Prendergast, Sam Basich, Michael Jordan.. Gavin Dehnert..

Thanks for the memories from 2nd year Squirts until now.. Lots a great parents out there who have supported their kids and shared beers with me..

Good luck after hockey, boys..
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

Goldfishdude wrote:I do want to say it was a great season for the seniors at WBL.

If I miss some names here, I apologize, but let me try and remember off the top of my head. If i did forget someone, please post..

Brandon Wahlin, Max Birkinbine, Mac Jansen, Ben Clark, Garen David, Brandon Baker, Jon Prendergast, Sam Basich, Michael Jordan.. Gavin Dehnert..

Thanks for the memories from 2nd year Squirts until now.. Lots a great parents out there who have supported their kids and shared beers with me..

matt glasgow.... i feel bad for gavin dehnert he didnt get to experience any of the sections and beating hill in double ot to go to state and playing in the state tourny because he has been on a family vacation in new zeland for 3 weeks
2012 pond hockey All Star
iLLuminati_666

Post by iLLuminati_666 »

HAHAHAHAHA Lakville is the worst most god awful team ive ever seen. 18 penalties and they still couldnt put this away in regulation wooow
wblhcky24 wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote:I do want to say it was a great season for the seniors at WBL.

matt glasgow.... i feel bad for gavin dehnert he didnt get to experience any of the sections and beating hill in double ot to go to state and playing in the state tourny because he has been on a family vacation in new zeland for 3 weeks
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

@24.... Thanks for adding Glasgow... Don't know how I forgot him, since I gave him a ride home from a couple games last year.. A great kid..
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

Goldfishdude wrote:@24.... Thanks for adding Glasgow... Don't know how I forgot him, since I gave him a ride home from a couple games last year.. A great kid..
Great kid great at football and track solid hockey player
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

iLLuminati_666 wrote:HAHAHAHAHA Lakville is the worst most god awful team ive ever seen. 18 penalties and they still couldnt put this away in regulation wooow
wblhcky24 wrote:

most god awful team and you still couldnt beat THEM.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

Hey sachisi remember when Ben bahe hit that open net to send his team to state..... Oh wait
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Just when I think I have seen everything there is to see in a hockey game, something new comes up.

First off, the Bears get a two and 10 for checking from behind. I have seen this many times, but in the same shift, they get a two and 10 for ABUSING the ref. Yep, you heard it right, the call over the loud speaker was ABUSING the ref. LN gets a 5 on 3 for the whole two minutes.

Second, only Sager could pull this one. Bears up by 3-1 with about 1 1/2 minutes to play. Bears get a penalty to put LN on the power play. LN calls a time out, and Sager puts in the backup goalie. The kid is ice cold after having sat on the bench for 49 1/2 minutes of a 51 minute game. The faceoff is in the Bears zone, and LN scores a goal on the power play, then scores another with the goalie pulled to tie it up. I feel bad for the kid. He ends up making a couple of very nice saves in the first OT, and then Sager pulls him in the 2nd OT. I am talking to the mom during the resurfacing, and she tells me she wishes Sager would have left Schletty in to finish the game. I sympathize with her. What a crappy thing to do to the kid. Not your fault MJ. A goalie is not like a fourth line forward you can put on the ice during a powerplay with a two goal lead.
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

I know right body? Everyone was like abusing the ref? WHAT is that
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

Poor Sager just can't win. If he doesn't put the kid in at the end, he may get ripped for not giving the kid a chance to play in a State Tournament. "Come on Coach, we're up by 2 with less than 2 mins left, give the kid a tourney memory." So he does the right thing, in my book, and gets the player in the game & it didn't work out so well. So Sager takes the heat....you can't make this stuff up. I didn't see the game but I applaud the move. I doubt that Sager lost the game, but rather, LN won it. Sager's gotta love coaching to put up with as much crap as he does.
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:Poor Sager just can't win. If he doesn't put the kid in at the end, he may get ripped for not giving the kid a chance to play in a State Tournament. "Come on Coach, we're up by 2 with less than 2 mins left, give the kid a tourney memory." So he does the right thing, in my book, and gets the player in the game & it didn't work out so well. So Sager takes the heat....you can't make this stuff up. I didn't see the game but I applaud the move. I doubt that Sager lost the game, but rather, LN won it. Sager's gotta love coaching to put up with as much crap as he does.
Can't believe I'm saying this but couldn't agree more ppg
The Gumper

Post by The Gumper »

BodyShots wrote:Just when I think I have seen everything there is to see in a hockey game, something new comes up.

First off, the Bears get a two and 10 for checking from behind. I have seen this many times, but in the same shift, they get a two and 10 for ABUSING the ref. Yep, you heard it right, the call over the loud speaker was ABUSING the ref. LN gets a 5 on 3 for the whole two minutes.

Second, only Sager could pull this one. Bears up by 3-1 with about 1 1/2 minutes to play. Bears get a penalty to put LN on the power play. LN calls a time out, and Sager puts in the backup goalie. The kid is ice cold after having sat on the bench for 49 1/2 minutes of a 51 minute game. The faceoff is in the Bears zone, and LN scores a goal on the power play, then scores another with the goalie pulled to tie it up. I feel bad for the kid. He ends up making a couple of very nice saves in the first OT, and then Sager pulls him in the 2nd OT. I am talking to the mom during the resurfacing, and she tells me she wishes Sager would have left Schletty in to finish the game. I sympathize with her. What a crappy thing to do to the kid. Not your fault MJ. A goalie is not like a fourth line forward you can put on the ice during a powerplay with a two goal lead.
I might have seen a worse officiated game, but I can't recall when.

I couldn't wait to get home and review the score sheet to review the THREE 10-minute penalties WBL got as well as the 2-minute penalty for "abuse of the referee" (which ironically only invites abuse if you're the referee who calls this lame penalty). Unless I'm missing it, the ONLY 10-minute penalty listed is WBL's Garen David in the 2nd OT. The other two called on WBL are missing, as it the "abuse of the referee" penalty and the 10-minute checking from behind on Lakeville.

Anyone else look at the score sheet and scratch your head?
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

wblhcky24 wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:Poor Sager just can't win. If he doesn't put the kid in at the end, he may get ripped for not giving the kid a chance to play in a State Tournament. "Come on Coach, we're up by 2 with less than 2 mins left, give the kid a tourney memory." So he does the right thing, in my book, and gets the player in the game & it didn't work out so well. So Sager takes the heat....you can't make this stuff up. I didn't see the game but I applaud the move. I doubt that Sager lost the game, but rather, LN won it. Sager's gotta love coaching to put up with as much crap as he does.
Can't believe I'm saying this but couldn't agree more ppg
I agree too, although I might not have done it going on the PK...
Always celly hard.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

wblhcky24 wrote:Hey sachisi remember when Ben bahe hit that open net to send his team to state..... Oh wait
remember when wbl won a state quarterfin......nevermind

:D
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

sachishi4 wrote:
wblhcky24 wrote:Hey sachisi remember when Ben bahe hit that open net to send his team to state..... Oh wait

:D :D :D
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

wblhcky24 wrote:
sachishi4 wrote:

Remember when Garen David won the Herb Brooks award?

OH YEAHHHHHH! :D

But seriously, great guy, really deserved it.
Always celly hard.
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

wblhockeyfan8 wrote:
wblhcky24 wrote:
sachishi4 wrote: remember when wbl won a state quarterfin......nevermind

Remember when Garen David won the Herb Brooks award?

OH YEAHHHHHH! :D

But seriously, great guy, really deserved it.

And wahlin was named to the all tourney team...
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

BodyShots wrote:Just when I think I have seen everything there is to see in a hockey game, something new comes up.

HE DID WHAT??? OMG what a fool....I did not know that...LOL...
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

Yes he did do that @hockeyhockeyhockey
iLLuminati_666

Post by iLLuminati_666 »

Sager lost them the game.. You dont put a cold goalie in with 1:45 left and they have a 6on4 advatage. If you wantd the senior to play start him or at least put him at the halfway mark putting him in at 1:45 was ridiculous and then to add insult to injury he pulls him after the inermisson sager is a joke.
nahc

Post by nahc »

ok, just stop............Lakeville North beats Moordhead and then beats WBL in 3 overtimes......the North players EARNED the Consolation title. WBL deserved each and every penalty called......curious how a team that was the 8th seeded team wins the conslation title..

Congralations Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great run from Section 1AA!!