Adv 16 tryout results

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Dirty Coaches

Post by Dirty Coaches » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Hockeydad1893 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Dirty Coaches wrote:
Hockeydad1893 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Dirty Coaches wrote:
ManBearPig wrote:I'd say Section 6 has the most depth at Forward, but other than that there isn't a whole lot there. Section 5 and Section 1 both have 2 or 3 great D-men, as well as Section 5 having arguably the best goalie in the tournament. With the 95's I see a pretty clear Top 10-15 skaters, with the rest sorted as you see fit.
I was able to catch most of the games this weekend and wanted to see the section 5 goalie(s) to see which one was the best as you described and I have to say I was disappointed. Miska posted a .872 SV% and Esko a .860 SV%. Gerdes (Eden Praire) clearly was the standout with 3 straight shutouts (31/31). The other goalie I liked was that Parker from Duluth East .912 SV%.
Gerdes had to make about six saves that wouldn't be classified as SIMPLE.

Probably could of laid a two by four across the the net and had a .750 save percentage with that team.

Highest save percentage over a game and a quarter makes the best goalie?

:lol:
No one said that Gerdes was the best goalie. He simply said that he played
the best, and you have to give the kid some credit. Stopping 4 penalty shots and not letting one bad rebound or softy goal is pretty impressive. This weekend will be a real test for him with the teams now more balanced.
Hey MrBoDangles: I realize you're emotionally attached to your son and feel your son was the best goalie in the tournament but really, let another kid have his time. The facts are that Gerdes numbers were better.

2X4 .75% = "COME ON MAN!" I can't wait for this weekend. I'm going to bring some extra lumber so I can lay that down in front of our net. I'm thinking of a 2x12 = that should be equal to a shutout. We'll have Dugas stay home.

:lol:
All of your posts are about Gerdes (or the Miska's)..... How about the other
EP goalie kid? Seems more like you have a vested interest in Gerdes. :idea:

Your need to slam Hunter in your posts shows that...... you-Gerdes..... Dad-Gerdes....Momma Gerdes...... Family member Gerdes....Or at the minimum a very close friend........ You are one of these and have no class.

You reek of envy. :idea:
I wouldn't say he is any of those, looking at his posts I'd say he's to aware about other cities that possibly he is an ex-coach? Also all he said about Miska is that he was disappointed in his stats.
What another awesome weekend of goaltending for Dylan Parker (.935% 3 GA) and Jake Gerdes (.862% 8 GA). Andrew Sprang posted some good numbers .879 % and 7 GA. Hunter Miska showed consistency again .821% and 10 GA. Duluth East is lucky to have a talented netminder like Parker - he appears to be the real deal. Back-to-back solid weekend performances!

I can't wait to see Duluth East and Eden Praire go at it again. With the depth of these young goalies (Parker and Gerdes) and other young teammates, that will be one heck of a game to watch.

Hockeydad1893

Post by Hockeydad1893 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Dirty Coaches any predictions on who the two netminders will be? I couldn't make it out as much as I wanted to this weekend.

deacon64

Post by deacon64 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:08 pm

Goalie stats can be misleading with all the penalty shots.. One game saw over 10 penalty shots.

hockeyfan893

Post by hockeyfan893 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:23 pm

I agree with Deacon. Also, having attended a few of these games I can personally attest to the Hub's stat keeping as being off. I wouldn't trust them as accurate, at least for this tournament.

Interestingly enough, I thought it was the two national alternates that played the best when it came to goalies, and they were both on the same team. Miska is good but I didn't see anything from him this weekend. I was expecting more personally. It all depends on if he has an automatic spot or not.

Iceman82

Follow up

Post by Iceman82 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:35 pm

How'd they do?

[quote="muckandgrind"][b]Section 5[/b]

Adler, Dylan
Anderson, Adam
Aukee, Esko
Brodzinski, Michael
Cline, Tyler
Durand, Alex
Erickson, Nate