MJ Predictions

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mnhockey1708

MJ Predictions

Post by mnhockey1708 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:47 pm

1.Ice Hawks
2.Owls
3.Northern Lights
4.Crusaders
5.Ducks
6.Lakers
7.Energy

Anyone else want to chime in on predictions for the upcoming season now that every team has wrapped up their main camps?

headsup

Post by headsup » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:30 am

Looks like the MG Energy still has camps scheduled this weekend.

clutterbuck22

Re: MJ Predictions

Post by clutterbuck22 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:00 pm

mnhockey1708 wrote:1.Ice Hawks
2.Owls
3.Northern Lights
4.Crusaders
5.Ducks
6.Lakers
7.Energy

Anyone else want to chime in on predictions for the upcoming season now that every team has wrapped up their main camps?
The Ice Hawks also have main camp this weekend and the Owls have theirs starting the 26th.

huville

Post by huville » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:03 am

I would put them in Groups... This isn't my order, just the area's I see the team's finishing at.

Top 3
Rochester
Hudson
Owls

Rochester obviously always has good talent and is a top notch team. I think Hudson and the Owls could return some really good players which will propel them into the top 3.

Middle 2
Lights
Lakers

Both teams have new coaches. Lakers lost their best players to the NAHL so it depends on what kind of talent they recruited. Lights didn't really have many good players but maybe their coach got some good ones with his connections.

Bottom 2
Ducks
Energy

Both are new teams, starting with 25 new players. Ducks seem to be getting mostly IL high school guys or junior B players from their website. I think it will take them a year to see what the league is about. Energy I think will struggle but not as bad as the Wildcats did.

mnhockey1708

Post by mnhockey1708 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:50 pm

[quote="huville"]I would put them in Groups... This isn't my order, just the area's I see the team's finishing at.

Top 3
Rochester
Hudson
Owls

Rochester obviously always has good talent and is a top notch team. I think Hudson and the Owls could return some really good players which will propel them into the top 3.

Middle 2
Lights
Lakers

Both teams have new coaches. Lakers lost their best players to the NAHL so it depends on what kind of talent they recruited. Lights didn't really have many good players but maybe their coach got some good ones with his connections.

Bottom 2
Ducks
Energy

Both are new teams, starting with 25 new players. Ducks seem to be getting mostly IL high school guys or junior B players from their website. I think it will take them a year to see what the league is about. Energy I think will struggle but not as bad as the Wildcats did.[/quote]

I'm curious Huville, what makes you think Hudson will be a top 3 team? Last year they were in the lower part of the standings most of the year, and got hot during playoffs. I haven't heard anything in terms of a huge recruiting class for the crusaders, so I'm guess I'm lost on how they are a pre-season nationals favorite.

Also, Ducks will be much stronger than most anticipate. Their coaches have done a heck of a job recruiting over there. Players are going to want to play in the dells, it's one of the most attractive junior hockey markets in the entire US.

observer

Post by observer » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Is that some polite Wisconsin trash talkin?

huville

Post by huville » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:08 am

Well they seem to be up to date with their advancements on their website. So if I can look at who didn't move on and if most of those players came back, I think they will have a solid year. They could return their leading scorer in Nick Townes who if he came back, I think could be one of the top 3 players in the league. They could return Debace and Bruhn who are also good forwards. And on the defense it looks like they could have 5 guys back.

I'm not saying all of them will be back but if they get a good majority and add in some talent they could be solid. They usually always have 3-4 very talented rookies.

mnhockey1708

Post by mnhockey1708 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:13 pm

After one game I would like to make these changes after looking at the rosters of teams.

1. Owls
2. Northern Lights
3. Crusaders
4. Ice hawks
5. Lakers
6. Ducks
7. Energy