louie nanne commits to gophers

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

wblhcky24

louie nanne commits to gophers

Post by wblhcky24 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:50 pm

Louie nanne has committed to the gophers per Scott hamilton
2012 pond hockey All Star

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:02 pm

That's awesome!
Be kind. Rewind.

keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Congrats Louie, could be the first of 3, his cousin and brother would seem to be candidates as well.

MnMade-4-Life

Post by MnMade-4-Life » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:09 am

Great, grats Louie!

Oh, and be sure to bring Grandpa Lou to coach. :D
/chugga chugga
/chugga chugga
WOOOOOOOOO
WOOOOOOOOO

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Didn't see hornets play a whole lot last year, but when I did, he didn't seem to really stand out to me, I know he was only a soph and he's playing best hs competition in state, but there were other sophs that in my mind really stood out like the johnson kid from hibbing who committed to und...all bias aside, is nanne the kind of player who's gonna be a diff changer for the U? Would appreciate any opinions from people who have seen him play more.

green4

Post by green4 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:31 pm

Sats81 wrote:Didn't see hornets play a whole lot last year, but when I did, he didn't seem to really stand out to me, I know he was only a soph and he's playing best hs competition in state, but there were other sophs that in my mind really stood out like the johnson kid from hibbing who committed to und...all bias aside, is nanne the kind of player who's gonna be a diff changer for the U? Would appreciate any opinions from people who have seen him play more.
your right he really hassent stood out too much but he knows how to score, he has a hell of a great shot and as a freshman and soph he has found the back of the net against good teams and on a edina team that is gonna need him to be a leader because they are lacking in that catagory this year alittle i think he could breakout this year

Guru20

Post by Guru20 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:33 pm

I do think that Nanne will be a very big difference maker for the Gophers in a few years.

I have been very impressed with him, one of the smarter players I've seen for any High School player. Not amazing at any one area, but very good in all areas and plays a complete game.

Other players will stand out more then him at times, and most of those players with the highlight reel goals will fall by the wayside because they can't do that at the next level and then they often struggle with the rest of their game.

Great signing for the Gophers. My guess is the Gophers see Nanne sticking around all 4 years, not solely playing to increase his draft stock, a skilled 3rd line guy that can fill in on the top 6 forwards if need be because of his unselfishness and making others around him better, great penalty killer, does all the little things such as blocking shots & being physical, will get his goals from smart positioning and willingness to battle around the net.

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Guru20 wrote:Great signing for the Gophers. My guess is the Gophers see Nanne sticking around all 4 years, not solely playing to increase his draft stock, a skilled 3rd line guy that can fill in on the top 6 forwards if need be because of his unselfishness and making others around him better, great penalty killer, does all the little things such as blocking shots & being physical, will get his goals from smart positioning and willingness to battle around the net.
A very good take on it. They have some very high profile targets that they are after that would carry more of the top 6 forward responsibilities. He'll be a very good addition. I'd like to see his cousin Vinni make the same choice. :wink:

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:35 pm

Guru20 wrote:I do think that Nanne will be a very big difference maker for the Gophers in a few years.

I have been very impressed with him, one of the smarter players I've seen for any High School player. Not amazing at any one area, but very good in all areas and plays a complete game.

Other players will stand out more then him at times, and most of those players with the highlight reel goals will fall by the wayside because they can't do that at the next level and then they often struggle with the rest of their game.

Great signing for the Gophers. My guess is the Gophers see Nanne sticking around all 4 years, not solely playing to increase his draft stock, a skilled 3rd line guy that can fill in on the top 6 forwards if need be because of his unselfishness and making others around him better, great penalty killer, does all the little things such as blocking shots & being physical, will get his goals from smart positioning and willingness to battle around the net.
This sure does sound a lot like Tony Lucia!

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Good player............ but he ain't no Luke Voltin.

I would of offered Cammaretta instead. I know he's smallish but the kid has some scoring punch that the Gophers are desperate for.

Remember 5'7 Bonin? With Boots ON.... Hobey Baker guy?

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:19 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:Good player............ but he ain't no Luke Voltin.

I would of offered Cammaretta instead. I know he's smallish but the kid has some scoring punch that the Gophers are desperate for.

You do realize not every recruit is supposed to be an apples to apples comparison, right?

You don't have to worry about their efforts on Cammarata. It's there.

The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:24 pm

Not the most skilled in the state, but works the hardest.

Plays an excellent defensive game.

Congrats Louie!
The best, period

Nobodyonya

Post by Nobodyonya » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:54 am

Gopher Blog wrote:

You do realize not every recruit is supposed to be an apples to apples comparison, right?

Has Camaratta committed to any 1 college?

drop the puck

Post by drop the puck » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:37 am

It must skip a generation, because there was no more undeserving MN Gophy than Marty. Talk about connections in hockey Marty Nanne was a Gopher because of his daddy. He was drafted into the NHL because of his daddy.

Truly hope these guys can play at the D1 level because the Gophers have zero room for legacy players.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:56 pm

Gopher Blog wrote:

They gave him an offer???

The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:20 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
Gopher Blog wrote: You don't have to worry about their efforts on Cammarata. It's there.
Who hasn't?

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:27 pm

The Exiled One wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Gopher Blog wrote: You don't have to worry about their efforts on Cammarata. It's there.
Who hasn't?
Very puzzled that he wasn't offered USNTDP....?

I was told he was only offered from North Dakota. I must have some bad informants... :wink:

observer

Post by observer » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Not many have left Shattuck to be on a NTDP team over the years. My guess is he'll be on the Prep Team this year. Should be interesting to watch how he does. The Prep team kicks off their season with some Elite League games next weekend.

keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:13 pm

Taylor Cammarata has left Shattuck and will be playing for the Waterloo Blackhawks of the USHL

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Probably signed him to get his cousin.

;)

observer

Post by observer » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:06 pm

So much for my idea of not many leaving Shattuck. It will be interesting how that works out. Quite the jump. 26 players listed on the roster, what's up with that? Here's a link to the Waterloo roster that can take you to the other USHL rosters.

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/tea ... sonid=7561

I see two players, the Pieper brothers or cousins, are listed on the Chicago roster.

Why the exodus from Shattuck?

Guru20

Post by Guru20 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:09 pm

On Nanne: Not a "legacy" player at all, or making it because of his Grandpa. Would be very difficult to win if the Gophers recruited all 1st line guys that think they're superstars and #1 Draft picks. Nanne brings a lot to the table.

On Camaratta: Gophers and everyone else are recruiting him hard. I HEARD he didn't get invited to Ann Arbor because of attitude concerns, also there has been a lot of questions about if he has reached his "ceiling" on potential or not. USNDT not always looking for the best players, but looking for the next high draft pick. When he chose to tryout for USNDT, essentially choosing Ann Arbor over Shattuck, he was not wanted back at Shattuck.

headsup

Post by headsup » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:31 pm

No need to get side tracked on the Cammarata discussion. Plenty to discuss on a separate topic. Congrats to the Nanne kid. Always glad to hear success stories.

Nobodyonya

Post by Nobodyonya » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Guru20 wrote:On Nanne: Not a "legacy" player at all, or making it because of his Grandpa. Would be very difficult to win if the Gophers recruited all 1st line guys that think they're superstars and #1 Draft picks. Nanne brings a lot to the table.

On Camaratta: Gophers and everyone else are recruiting him hard. I HEARD he didn't get invited to Ann Arbor because of attitude concerns, also there has been a lot of questions about if he has reached his "ceiling" on potential or not. USNDT not always looking for the best players, but looking for the next high draft pick. When he chose to tryout for USNDT, essentially choosing Ann Arbor over Shattuck, he was not wanted back at Shattuck.
Heads up...Just 1 more comment regarding Camaratta. He is 1 heck of a player, but mirroring what Guru said regarding "ceiling out". My question is and I have always wondered this has he ever played a season where his opponents are not the same age as him? Seems to me during his youth and up he always competed at the same level, but against very talented players. Curious how he would handle opponents 2 years his age like Hudson Fasching, Vinni Lettieri etc. have had to do and essentially proved to the hockey world they belong. With his size I tend to wonder if he would be as polished. How does he match up against Louie talent wise?

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:10 am

Congrats to another Mn kid. Good job I don't care what his last name is.