Custom-made, pro stock hockey sticks for the public? Yes!!

Please post all discussion of these items to this forum.

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Base Hockey-MN

Custom-made, pro stock hockey sticks for the public? Yes!!

Post by Base Hockey-MN » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:30 pm

Base Hockey is a new company that only manufactures affordable, custom-made, pro stock sticks for far less than what you might find at retail. As a customer, you choose your flex, curve/pattern and lie. Not only that, you may choose from a variety of color combinations, as well as having your name, number and team logo on the shaft. The concept is truly grassroots and highly revolutionary in the hockey stick industry. From mite to adult, male or female, newbie to pro, each stick is built to your specifications. Something about the wheel or sliced bread comes to mind...You may order 1 or 100.

Are you over 6'0" like myself? Can't find a stick that is long enough without putting a wood extender plug into it? Have you purchased numerous sticks trying to figure out what works best for you? Are you buying sticks for your children figuring out the same thing? What of a blade pattern that gets discontinued that you just love? Are you using the right stick? Maybe you're not sure what you should be using! More than likely, unless you're a pro, no one has ever assisted in addressing these concerns.

I can help. With all of these problems and more. If you live in MN and know what you want from perusing the website, I may order it for you. If you or your kids aren't sure what you need, or aren't happy with your current stick, I will be able to help you by walking you through the process. Would you like to see one of these sticks and get a feel for 'em? Demo sticks are on-hand to try out. In the near future, I will have a place where customers will be able to go through a shooting analysis of sorts, with your skates on! It's just a part of the personal touch and service that Base Hockey offers.

Read some of the reviews or comments on the corporate Facebook page, people are going bananas for Base sticks.

Email or call for further details and information.

Sincerely,

Dirk Balow
BASE Hockey
Minnesota Sales Representative
( 612.275.0411 )
basehockeymn@gmail.com
http://basehockey.ca/index.htm
Last edited by Base Hockey-MN on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Base Hockey-MN

Demo Days for BASE Hockey Sticks.

Post by Base Hockey-MN » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:36 am

See newest post below.
Last edited by Base Hockey-MN on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BarTender3035

Post by BarTender3035 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:12 am

Are you going to be at the expo during the boys high school tournament?
2010 MINNESOTA STATE HIGH SCHOOL CONTEST WINNER

Base Hockey-MN

Post by Base Hockey-MN » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:57 pm

We are working feverishly on it.....Sticks are now in my possession for trying out. Email me for more information. basehockeymn@gmail.com

Thanks,

Dirk Balow

Base Hockey-MN

Post by Base Hockey-MN » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:00 pm

See new post below.
Last edited by Base Hockey-MN on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Base Hockey-MN

Post by Base Hockey-MN » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:30 pm

I will be demo-ing sticks at VMIA in Mpls until Sept. at 2:30 before the open hockey session starts at 3:00pm. Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri though, occasionally, I might not be there. Let me know if you wish to demo a stick and I will make it for sure.

Here are some initial reviews from the JMS Hockey site:

Posted Today, 07:37 AM
I had a chance to meet with Dirk last night with a couple of my team mates and I have to say that these sticks are VERY nice. I went into this somewhat skeptical that the sticks could live up to the hype, but they did that easily. Dirk was very helpful during the entire process and the product really speaks for itself. I encourage everyone to take a look at these stick, you will not be disappointed. The puck comes off of the stick with a vengeance and the build quality really seems excellent. My sticks are supposed to arrive in 3 weeks at which point I will definitely be giving them a thorough review, but based just on the demo I can say that I am quite impressed. These sticks are a value at this price, no doubt...

Thanks Dirk.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:14 AM
THESE STICKS ROCK!

I'm 6' 3" and like Dirk, have never found a stick that fits off of the shelf, with the curve, flex and length i need. I'll usually settle for the curve i like in any flex the store has available and I'm never really sure what lie i've got. I skated @ the open hockey at Parade with Dirk last week and got the opportunity to try one of these sticks. WOW, the puck jumps off the blade. Its amazing how much of a difference this stick can make especially when it fits properly. Since i'm so big, i tend to go through sticks pretty fast, (3 this season already), so i'm hesitant to spend alot on the next broken stick. These sticks are the same construction the Pro's get, so they should take my pounding pretty easily. They are super light and have a different feel from other sticks due to the solid carbon fiber blade. If i hadn't gotten the opportunity to try it out i would never have considered it.

I'm sold.

basehockeymn@gmail.com

Base Hockey-MN

Base Hockey 2011!

Post by Base Hockey-MN » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Moving into the 2011 season, BASE has even more choices for you while demo-ing sticks.

I now have a set of blades and shafts (separate from one another) that you are able to try a variety of combinations from. Want to try a Sakic curve with a 75 flex shaft? A Kovalev pattern with a 85 flex? A Kane 100 flex? No problem. You may choose from over 65 combinations to find what's right for you. I'm even able to add a little length to a shaft using a composite plug, making the fitting process more accurate. BASE also now has 13 color combinations to choose from......What are you waiting for?

Check out our website here: http://basehockey.ca/index.htm

If you would like to try a BASE stick and have a fitting done, contact me to set an appointment.

As of today, Monday Sept. 12th, the lunch time skate at Parade has started. The times are Mon, Wed, Fri from 11:30-1pm. It runs through March and it's only 5 bucks. I will have demo sticks on-hand for these sessions. Let me know beforehand and we could show up a little early to start the demo/fitting process.

Dirk Balow
BASE Hockey
( 612.275.0411 )
basehockeymn@gmail.com

Base Hockey-MN

Post by Base Hockey-MN » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:56 pm

Happy New Year!

I will be having a permanent presence at two metro area training centers as of the first of the year. Hat Tricks Sports in SLP and Total Hockey in Lakeville. Come on in for a demo/fitting for a custom BASE stick and check out the (individual and team) training specials each of these great facilities offers.

Thank You,

Dirk Balow
BASE Hockey

basehockeymn@gmail.com