Tyler Sheehy in Waterloo

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Neuuman

Tyler Sheehy in Waterloo

Post by Neuuman » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:56 pm

I saw that Tyler Sheehy played for Waterloo in the USHL over the weekend. Does this mean he's bypassing H.S. altogether?

CB00

Post by CB00 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:31 pm

The World Junior A Challenge is taking place last weekend and next weekend. My guess is Waterloo brought him in as a replacement for AJ Michaelson or one of the three players from Waterloo participating in the tournament. There are 22 roster spots that were filled last weekend with other players. Anders Franke went to Fargo to take the back up goalie role for Gothberg. Maybe Olsen filled in last week for GB? Others?

Neuuman

Post by Neuuman » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:40 pm

CB00 wrote:The World Junior A Challenge is taking place last weekend and next weekend. My guess is Waterloo brought him in as a replacement for AJ Michaelson or one of the three players from Waterloo participating in the tournament. There are 22 roster spots that were filled last weekend with other players. Anders Franke went to Fargo to take the back up goalie role for Gothberg. Maybe Olsen filled in last week for GB? Others?
Thanks for the info.

seek & destroy

Re: Tyler Sheehy in Waterloo

Post by seek & destroy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:37 pm

Neuuman wrote:I saw that Tyler Sheehy played for Waterloo in the USHL over the weekend. Does this mean he's bypassing H.S. altogether?
It is likely it is not a situation of "bypassing H.S. altogether" but it does look like he is probably leaving after his sophomore season.

From the Waterloo Blackhawks website:

Affiliate First Appearances

Jake Horton, Kyle Schmidt, and Tyler Sheehy became the latest Waterloo Black Hawks to debut as affiliate players a season before joining the organization fulltime. Four current Hawks previously had the same experience, including Tyler Zepeda in 2008. Zepeda and Ryan Papa last season each scored goals during their affiliate games. Forward A.J. Michaelson and goalie Eamon McAdam made six and four affiliate appearances respectively in 2010-2011.

outside_observer

Post by outside_observer » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:58 pm

Another one kept in MN due to the Elite League.

longdistancespectator8

Post by longdistancespectator8 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:30 pm

outside_observer wrote:Another one kept in MN due to the Elite League.
That statement is absolutely ridiculous. Sorry but in my opinion I wouldn't want to send my 16 year old kid away from home. And whats so bad with staying home? It seems to be working out just fine for Rau, leading the gophers in goals as a true freshmen, and Kloos.

In addition, he isn't playing for some scrub team with no help. He has one of the best coaches in all of high school hockey, playing in the arguably the second best conference and non-conference schedule that is always difficult.

outside_observer

Post by outside_observer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:23 pm

longdistancespectator8 wrote:
That statement is absolutely ridiculous. Sorry but in my opinion I wouldn't want to send my 16 year old kid away from home. And whats so bad with staying home? It seems to be working out just fine for Rau, leading the gophers in goals as a true freshmen, and Kloos.

In addition, he isn't playing for some scrub team with no help. He has one of the best coaches in all of high school hockey, playing in the arguably the second best conference and non-conference schedule that is always difficult.
Staying home is fine.
My point is, that the Elite League, which he played in as a Sophomore, won't be keeping him here in MN from the sounds of it. What it appears to have done is make it easier for him to leave. ( My sarcasm in the previous post apparently was not obvious, sorry)

I wish him the best, whichever path he takes.
I love that Rau stayed home. He was fun to watch last year. More fun this year.

"one of the best coaches in all of high school hockey"? Let's not put him in the Hall of Fame just yet.

phil mccracken

Post by phil mccracken » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:22 pm

outside_observer wrote:
longdistancespectator8 wrote:

Staying home is fine.
My point is, that the Elite League, which he played in as a Sophomore, won't be keeping him here in MN from the sounds of it. What it appears to have done is make it easier for him to leave. ( My sarcasm in the previous post apparently was not obvious, sorry)

I wish him the best, whichever path he takes.
I love that Rau stayed home. He was fun to watch last year. More fun this year.

"one of the best coaches in all of high school hockey"? Let's not put him in the Hall of Fame just yet.
Perhaps he/she meant one of the best current coaches. If so, I agree.

outside_observer

Post by outside_observer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:20 am

Perhaps he/she meant one of the best current coaches. If so, I agree.
I will agree with that also.

Iceburg

Post by Iceburg » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:29 pm

So, is Tyler one of the nine children of local player agent Neil Sheehy or not related?

dangler20

Post by dangler20 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Jared Thomas of Hermantown is playing for the sioux city this weekend and vinni lettieri is playing for for the lincoln stars.
Do you think this means that they are going to skip high school this year?

ManBearPig

Post by ManBearPig » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:48 am

Leterri with an assist for Lincoln. Gross with a goal for Green Bay.

passthepuck38

Post by passthepuck38 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Iceburg wrote:So, is Tyler one of the nine children of local player agent Neil Sheehy or not related?
I do not know the kid, but I know he is not related to Neil.