Question about AA Tournament Tickets

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MNHighSchoolPuck

Question about AA Tournament Tickets

Post by MNHighSchoolPuck » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:55 am

I live in New Mexico and I am flying up for the tournament,how hard is it to get tix at the door?I am staying at the Holiday Inn across the street from the X,so getting in line early should not be a problem.I am also going to keep an I on Ebay and Stub Hub to see if anyone puts there tix up for sale on there.

PS if anyone on here knows someone who might be selling there tix please let me know.

bstarr15

Post by bstarr15 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:53 am

I'll see if I can help, anyone else can chime in. I've had AA tickets since '06 and have stayed at the Holiday Inn as well. Great location. AA tickets don't get sent out till mid Feb for season holders so no one has them in hand.
Somebody may be getting tickets and know they can't go and may be willing to sell.
Tickets for AA don't go on sale till 1 hour before the session BUT people stand in line for several hours before or longer to buy tickets so it's kind of a pain to spend that much time in line especially if your looking to go to all the AA sessions. You have to wait before each session to buy tickets.
Class A games a little easier to attend.
Scalping is an option but as usual it gets pretty spendy especially if big name teams like EP, Edina or others from the metro are playing and they draw a large fan base from around the Metro.Then everyone wants tickets.
I rather dislike those guys holding 50 or more tickets and selling them at premium prices when it's supposed to be a high school athletic event.Main level and club level seats go pretty high.
I've scalped some of mine but usually try to find a dad and son and sell them for just over face value Unfortunatly unless your willing to spend alot of time standing in line scalping may be your best option and I'll tell you they are all over outside the hotel and on the corner of the X.
Good luck,enjoy your return to Mn.

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:31 am

The easiest way to get tickets is probably by going to a participating school a few days before the tourney--each one is allotted a certain number of tickets for their school's sessions.

Otherwise, I've stood in line a number of times and never had problems. Yes, the line is long, but once it starts moving it goes pretty quickly.

hockeyfan2011

hockey tickets

Post by hockeyfan2011 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:57 am

I will have the following tickets available for purchase:

Consolation Bracket Game 1 & 2
(Mariucci Arena) 10:00 am & 12:00 pm
Friday 3/9/2012

Consolation Winner Game
(Mariucci Arena) 12:00 pm
Saturday 3/10/2012

4 Tickets for each game - face value. As a season ticket holder, the tickets doesn't arrive until February of 2012.

Let me know if your interested.

MNHighSchoolPuck

Post by MNHighSchoolPuck » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:14 pm

I don't have a problem standing in line but it would not be my first choice,my only question or concern is will I have to leave the 2:00 game a little early to get back in line for the 6:00 game?

Also when you say scalpers are pricey how much are we talking?Online ticket brokers have tix but they are selling at 100$ a pop and you have to by at least 2 tickets,I might go that rout for the 3rd place and championship game session,but not for Thursday and Friday.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:28 pm

Just go outside the X and buy a ticket.
There will be lenty to choose form and plenty of prices.
They will not be hard to find.

MNHighSchoolPuck

Post by MNHighSchoolPuck » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:47 pm

elliott70 have you gone this rout before?if so where would you say is the best place to find scalpers,are they usually right outside each entrance?

Snap Happy

Re: hockey tickets

Post by Snap Happy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:36 pm

hockeyfan2011 wrote:I will have the following tickets available for purchase:

Consolation Bracket Game 1 & 2
(Mariucci Arena) 10:00 am & 12:00 pm
Friday 3/9/2012

Consolation Winner Game
(Mariucci Arena) 12:00 pm
Saturday 3/10/2012

4 Tickets for each game - face value. As a season ticket holder, the tickets doesn't arrive until February of 2012.

Let me know if your interested.
... :roll:

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:59 pm

MNHighSchoolPuck wrote:I don't have a problem standing in line but it would not be my first choice,my only question or concern is will I have to leave the 2:00 game a little early to get back in line for the 6:00 game?
No, you definitely don't have to leave early. Last year when the afternoon session ended (and the second game went 2 OTs) I just got right in line for the evening session. I was near the front of the line and got great seats--club level at center ice. I had plenty of time to go find food before the game started, too.

mnpuckster

Post by mnpuckster » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Elliot is right here. Unless you find tickets on craigs or ebay prior to the tourney (which they will be), your best route is going to be finding a scalper..You wont have to look for them, they will be everywhere, and will come down in price after there initial outrageous asking price to see if you bite. Ive scalped for the tourney a lot, and ive never paid over 50/ticket. Unless you are looking to save 10-20 bucks to wait in that line, scalp em

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:58 pm

MNHighSchoolPuck wrote:elliott70 have you gone this rout before?if so where would you say is the best place to find scalpers,are they usually right outside each entrance?
I have done this before.
If you need 1, or 2 together, you will not have a problem.
There will be someone right outside the Holiday Inn and every corner of the intersection. You cannot miss them.

Look at the seating chjart in advance so you can select about where you want to sit.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:30 pm

Also, if you go the scalper route, try to get a feel for the supply vs. demand situation. If there are scalpers all over the place and they all have their hands up full of tickets, take your time! In these situations the general rule of thumb is to hold out for as long as possible while still being able to see the opening faceoff.

One good tactic to try if you're interested in the semifinals: be outside after each session ends on Thursday. There are many "fans" wanting to sell their tickets because their team just lost, and they tend to be very 'flexible' on price. 8)

MNHighSchoolPuck

Post by MNHighSchoolPuck » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:14 am

Thanks for all the guys.Funny thing is it all might be moot,John Matchefts is my uncle so I am going to give him a call and see if there is any way he can hook me up with tix.........I hope he can.