MN Hockey Hub/Breakdown preview guidebook

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

dueling21

MN Hockey Hub/Breakdown preview guidebook

Post by dueling21 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:34 pm

It's ba-a-a-ack!

https://mnhockeyhub.secure-ngin.com/reg ... /725673718
The Minnesota Hockey Hub/Breakdown's fourth annual guide to Minnesota high school hockey is now available for purchase...and hockey fans won't want to miss out on this book. Our annual preview book is 224 pages of pure Minnesota high school hockey. In short, it truly is the “encyclopedia of Minnesota high school hockey.”

Get the most complete guide to Minnesota high school hockey for the 2011-12 season. We're running a special of just $25 per book through Oct. 23, so get your order in today!

rainier

Post by rainier » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Just got the Hockey Hub encyclopedia in the mail, and I must say it is pretty fantastic. Very thorough coverage. My only problem is that they have Hibbing rated #15 in Class A and they picked Duluth Denfeld to win 7A. WHAT?!!!

Not that Denfeld couldn't win the section, but Hibbing only lost two forwards and their goalie from last years excellent team. They return 73% of their scoring, including Adam Johnson (85 pts.), Joe Anderson (54 pts.),All-State honorable mention D Mike Pechovnik (41 pts), and two more underclassmen D that played on the Elite prep D league this year (Cole Schafer and Dylan Pechovnik).

Denfeld returns only 45% of their scoring. Levi Talarico, their top returning scorer, had 44 pts. and their next highest returning scorer had 18 pts. And these teams play pretty much identical schedules. They have Thompson in nets who is very good, but I just don't see where the offense will come from to beat Hibbing in the playoffs.

Hibbing beat Denfeld (then Central) in the playoffs last year 5-1 and it wasn't even that close.

I would say Duluth Marshall also has a much better chance of winning the region than Denfeld.

I'm not saying Hibbing should be #1 (Breck should be awesome), but this was a team that tied Hermantown in the reg season , rolled through the section, beat Lourdes 4-1, and then took Hermantown to the limit in the state semis last year. With all that they bring back this year there is just no way that anyone who is paying attention could not pick them to win the section and be in the top ten.

But, I guess that's why they play the games.

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:23 pm

rainier wrote:Just got the Hockey Hub encyclopedia in the mail, and I must say it is pretty fantastic. Very thorough coverage. My only problem is that they have Hibbing rated #15 in Class A and they picked Duluth Denfeld to win 7A. WHAT?!!!

Not that Denfeld couldn't win the section, but Hibbing only lost two forwards and their goalie from last years excellent team. They return 73% of their scoring, including Adam Johnson (85 pts.), Joe Anderson (54 pts.),All-State honorable mention D Mike Pechovnik (41 pts), and two more underclassmen D that played on the Elite prep D league this year (Cole Schafer and Dylan Pechovnik).

Denfeld returns only 45% of their scoring. Levi Talarico, their top returning scorer, had 44 pts. and their next highest returning scorer had 18 pts. And these teams play pretty much identical schedules. They have Thompson in nets who is very good, but I just don't see where the offense will come from to beat Hibbing in the playoffs.

Hibbing beat Denfeld (then Central) in the playoffs last year 5-1 and it wasn't even that close.

I would say Duluth Marshall also has a much better chance of winning the region than Denfeld.

I'm not saying Hibbing should be #1 (Breck should be awesome), but this was a team that tied Hermantown in the reg season , rolled through the section, beat Lourdes 4-1, and then took Hermantown to the limit in the state semis last year. With all that they bring back this year there is just no way that anyone who is paying attention could not pick them to win the section and be in the top ten.

Rainier thanks for the review. someone clearly did not do their homework on Hibbing and returning status of that team no question.

Before I go out and purchase let me know if they give 7AA a solid review rather then just pay homage to east. I can read enough of that right here hahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol:

wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:30 pm

I know it was finshed before it happened but its kinda weird seeing players to watch: Braedon Hyland..... R.I.P braedon
2012 pond hockey All Star

Oldtimehockeyguy23

Post by Oldtimehockeyguy23 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:08 pm

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
rainier wrote:Just got the Hockey Hub encyclopedia in the mail, and I must say it is pretty fantastic. Very thorough coverage. My only problem is that they have Hibbing rated #15 in Class A and they picked Duluth Denfeld to win 7A. WHAT?!!!

Rainier thanks for the review. someone clearly did not do their homework on Hibbing and returning status of that team no question.

Before I go out and purchase let me know if they give 7AA a solid review rather then just pay homage to east. I can read enough of that right here hahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol:
What's the point of the quality of review of 7AA.. could of done it in one sentence.. "DE will win 7AA" done! :shock:

dueling21

Post by dueling21 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:48 pm

rainier wrote:With all that they bring back this year there is just no way that anyone who is paying attention could not pick them to win the section and be in the top ten. But, I guess that's why they play the games.
Exactly! It's a preseason prediction...others have different opinions than yours, I'm certain. That's why it's fun to discuss.

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:05 am

Oldtimehockeyguy23 wrote:
northwoods oldtimer wrote:

What's the point of the quality of review of 7AA.. could of done it in one sentence.. "DE will win 7AA" done! :shock:
Well, lets hope it is a more thorough review for 7AA teams.

dueling21

Post by dueling21 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:27 pm

It's almost sold out...better snap up your copy now!

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:32 pm

I ordered mine over a week ago, how long does it take to arrive in the mail ??
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB

dueling21

Post by dueling21 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:24 am

HappyHockeyFan wrote:I ordered mine over a week ago, how long does it take to arrive in the mail ??
Should have gone out over the weekend, is my guess. You ought to have it in your hands early this week?!? If not, send me a message.