HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hibbing (0-0) @ Little Falls (0-0) 11-25-11 4pm

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who starts their season 1-0?
Bluejackets
59%
 59%  [ 19 ]
Flyers
40%
 40%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 32

Author Message
HShockeywatcher



Joined: 31 Aug 2006
Posts: 6442

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Hibbing (0-0) @ Little Falls (0-0) 11-25-11 4pm Reply with quote

The last two seasons have opened with this match up, where the home team has scored one goal and lost the game. What happens this year?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rainier



Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Posts: 790
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5-3 Bluejackets. Hibbing's top 5 will be too much for Stumpf to handle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trev2k1



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 131

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

two top 10 A preseason teams match-up....should be great
hopefully better than the 6-1 rout LF put on Hibbing last year
4-2 Flyers at home
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rangefan



Joined: 14 Jan 2010
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hibbing - 3
Little Falls - 1
_________________
The real March Madness is at the X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryno44



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 324

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hibbing will come out where they left off last year...kickin A$$! Look for them to put the pucks in the net! 6-3 Hibbing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DanglinDMan27



Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryno what you have to realize is the Little Falls team that went to Hibbing's barn last year and won 6-1 only lost 2 kids from that team.. I'm not so sure it's going to be the 6-3 game you are predicting, unless its with the Flyers on top Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockeywatcher123



Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanglinDMan27 wrote:
Ryno what you have to realize is the Little Falls team that went to Hibbing's barn last year and won 6-1 only lost 2 kids from that team.. I'm not so sure it's going to be the 6-3 game you are predicting, unless its with the Flyers on top Very Happy


the same team that lost to apollo at their barn in the playoffs? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mite-dad



Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 753

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockeywatcher123 wrote:
DanglinDMan27 wrote:
Ryno what you have to realize is the Little Falls team that went to Hibbing's barn last year and won 6-1 only lost 2 kids from that team.. I'm not so sure it's going to be the 6-3 game you are predicting, unless its with the Flyers on top Very Happy


the same team that lost to apollo at their barn in the playoffs? Laughing
That's the team....and they should be playing with a chip on their shoulder all year from that bite. Hibbing doesn't have a prayer in this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GordonBombay99



Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 420

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mite-dad wrote:
Hockeywatcher123 wrote:
DanglinDMan27 wrote:
Ryno what you have to realize is the Little Falls team that went to Hibbing's barn last year and won 6-1 only lost 2 kids from that team.. I'm not so sure it's going to be the 6-3 game you are predicting, unless its with the Flyers on top Very Happy


the same team that lost to apollo at their barn in the playoffs? Laughing
That's the team....and they should be playing with a chip on their shoulder all year from that bite. Hibbing doesn't have a prayer in this one.

Every Little Falls player still remembers that Apollo game last year where they were upset, yu best believe their going to use it as motivation, I would be shocked if they didnt play with a nasty chip on their shoulder not only in this game, but for the whole year to prove they have the skill and wont just choke in the playoffs. Little Falls 4-1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
defense



Joined: 06 Dec 2007
Posts: 1200
Location: right here

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does ribbing have coming back?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rainier



Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Posts: 790
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what ribbing has coming back Wink,but Hibbing only lost two forwards and their goalie from last years excellent team. They return 73% of their scoring, including Adam Johnson (85 pts.), Joe Anderson (54 pts.), All-State honorable mention D Mike Pechovnik (41 pts), and two more underclassmen D that played in the Elite prep D league this year (Cole Schafer and Dylan Pechovnik).

So with all that scoring and all of their D returning, the only real question will be in the nets, with last year's JV goalie (who I hear is very good) and last year's bantam goalie (who I also hear is solid) competing for the spot.

Should be a great game on Friday!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oldtimehockey77



Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game will be a lot closer then people think. The big problem for Hibbing will be their goaltending. They are going to have to put up a lot of points to compensate for their lack of experience in nets. I don't see them doing this aginst Little Falls. I give Little Falls a slight edge at this point in the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greenway1969



Joined: 27 Oct 2006
Posts: 476

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Falls 4, Hibbing 1. Hibbing is a slow starting team and Little Falls is not given the credit it deserves. Aside from Grand Rapids the IRC teams are weak. Hibbing will contend for 7A but they do not have enough quality players to be a contender at the X.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bigcat99



Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 268

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainier wrote:
I'm not sure what ribbing has coming back Wink,but Hibbing only lost two forwards and their goalie from last years excellent team. They return 73% of their scoring, including Adam Johnson (85 pts.), Joe Anderson (54 pts.), All-State honorable mention D Mike Pechovnik (41 pts), and two more underclassmen D that played in the Elite prep D league this year (Cole Schafer and Dylan Pechovnik).

So with all that scoring and all of their D returning, the only real question will be in the nets, with last year's JV goalie (who I hear is very good) and last year's bantam goalie (who I also hear is solid) competing for the spot.

Should be a great game on Friday!


If this isn't the BlueJacket student manager (quoting stats), it's a wannabe! Wink Laughing Laughing
_________________
It is what it is!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryno44



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 324

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenway1969 wrote:
Little Falls 4, Hibbing 1. Hibbing is a slow starting team and Little Falls is not given the credit it deserves. Aside from Grand Rapids the IRC teams are weak. Hibbing will contend for 7A but they do not have enough quality players to be a contender at the X.


HAHAHA ok there buddy! Keep on thinkin that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keepyourheadup



Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 985

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Johnson is a very nice player. He was NOT one of the best ten players in the fall elite league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rainier



Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Posts: 790
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Johnson was 4th in scoring for team North, and the other three players above him are all seniors, including Olson and Toninato from East, who have been playing on a line together since they were in the womb.

I'd bet next year Johnson will be a top ten Elite player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elliott70



Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 8711
Location: Bemidji

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prediction
Hibbing 3
LF (with one of my favorite coaches) 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keepyourheadup



Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 985

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, next year he likely will be, this year he was not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rainier



Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Posts: 790
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the Hib/LF game will be on the radio? If so, what stations and do they stream their station online? Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rainier



Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Posts: 790
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, found em.

In the Hibbing area, the game is on 106.3 WMFG, but it is not streamed online.

However, Falls Radio AM 690 will carry the game and can be streamed through iTunes. Here is the link: http://www.fallsradio.com/
I just clicked on the link on the website and it started right up in iTunes and sounded good.

Go Jackets!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scoutingthenorth



Joined: 09 Feb 2011
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackets win 5-4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rainier



Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Posts: 790
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great win for the Jackets. They went up 4-1 in the third and it looked like it was all over but the Flyers stormed back to tie it. Big goal by Joe Anderson with 3 or 4 min left sealed it for Hibbing.

Nice to see the Jackets start out with a win over a top A team, perhaps they will meet again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mite-dad



Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 753

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple observations:

1. Adam Johnson was by far the best player on the ice.
2. I know he is green as grass, but Hibbing's goalie was not very good. He will need to step it up if Hibbing wants to go very far. The goalie let LF back in the game.
3. Little Falls is a team of grinders. They really don't have a guy with a great scoring touch.
4. Section 6 will be no easy chore for the Flyers. They will need to work hard to win it.
5. It was a fun game to watch even though my Flyers didn't win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Forum Rules/Reporting Offensive Posts (Updated 3/16/05)

National HS Hockey Rankings

State by State HS Hockey Profiles

USHighSchoolHockey.com

MidgetAAAHockey.com

Statewide High School Hockey Links (By State)

High School Hockey Team Links (By State)

Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by team) Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by date)

Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (USHSHO) Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (MinnHock)

Nationwide HS Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey National Rankings

NCAA D1 Men's Hockey Rankings

New England Prep School Hockey Rankings

Prep School Hockey Links

Friends of USHSHO and the Forums:

MinnHock

WisconsinPrepHockey.Net

Sponsored Links:

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group