Hilltopper Thanksgiving Classic, Duluth

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HShockeyupnorth

Hilltopper Thanksgiving Classic, Duluth

Post by HShockeyupnorth » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:54 pm

Hilltopper Thanksgiving Classic, Mars Lakeview Arena, Duluth

Friday: 5:00pm Breck vs St Cloud Cathedral
7:30pm Duluth Marshall vs Providence Academy

Saturday: 3rd Place 1:30pm
Championship 4:00pm

JV games precede.

Single Game prices: $6 Adult, $5 Seniors, $4 Students

northern_guy

Post by northern_guy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:30 pm

interesting..all class a and private. however duluth marshall and st. cloud cathedral are a different kind of private school that draws from a much smaller area, doesnt recruit, and students attend school from kindergarten knowing they will one day be attending cathedral and grow up and go to school with the same kids their whole life. nonethless seems like and interesting tournament, would have liked seeing STA in it though.

dueling21

Post by dueling21 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:37 pm

These games will have Spotlight Game coverage on the MN Hockey Hub and also some postgame video on OTSN.tv!

Breck vs. SCCathedral

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article ... ferrer_id=
http://www.otsn.tv/news_article/show/11 ... ferrer_id=

Providence Academy vs Duluth Marshall

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article ... ferrer_id=
http://www.otsn.tv/news_article/show/11 ... ferrer_id=

Iranger33

Post by Iranger33 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:13 pm

northern_guy wrote:interesting..all class a and private. however duluth marshall and st. cloud cathedral are a different kind of private school that draws from a much smaller area, doesnt recruit, and students attend school from kindergarten knowing they will one day be attending cathedral and grow up and go to school with the same kids their whole life. nonethless seems like and interesting tournament, would have liked seeing STA in it though.
St Cloud has at least four new players from other schools that will play for them this year. 2 of them from other high schools in St Cloud and another couple that will take the bus into St Cloud.

northernhockey13

Post by northernhockey13 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:28 pm

Iranger33 wrote:
northern_guy wrote:interesting..all class a and private. however duluth marshall and st. cloud cathedral are a different kind of private school that draws from a much smaller area, doesnt recruit, and students attend school from kindergarten knowing they will one day be attending cathedral and grow up and go to school with the same kids their whole life. nonethless seems like and interesting tournament, would have liked seeing STA in it though.
St Cloud has at least four new players from other schools that will play for them this year. 2 of them from other high schools in St Cloud and another couple that will take the bus into St Cloud.
They say Marshall doesn't recruit :lol:
But Marshall absolutely handled a very bad providence team and breck won 8-1

Iranger33

Post by Iranger33 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:47 pm

northernhockey13 wrote:
Iranger33 wrote:
Take another read at the post. He said Duluth Marshall and St Cloud Cathedrel.

And if you think that Marshall doesn't recruit then I have a block of ice in Alaska that I would like to sell to you.

A couple of years ago a kid from New Ulm went to Duluth Marshall to play.

northernhockey13

Post by northernhockey13 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:53 pm

Iranger33 wrote:
northernhockey13 wrote:
Iranger33 wrote:
Take another read at the post. He said Duluth Marshall and St Cloud Cathedrel.

And if you think that Marshall doesn't recruit then I have a block of ice in Alaska that I would like to sell to you.

A couple of years ago a kid from New Ulm went to Duluth Marshall to play.
If you caught the sarcasm... I was saying Marshall does recruit

northern_guy

Post by northern_guy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:54 pm

cathedral does not recruit...never has, never will. i have been involved in the program for 20 years. 95% students who attend cathedral are brought up from kindergarten knowing they will attend there. the other 5% are parents who are fed up with the public school system in st. cloud in particular and they want a better future for their child and can afford the tuition. $8200 per year currently if you belong to a catholic parish.

blindref

Post by blindref » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:06 pm

northern_guy wrote:cathedral does not recruit...never has, never will. i have been involved in the program for 20 years. 95% students who attend cathedral are brought up from kindergarten knowing they will attend there. the other 5% are parents who are fed up with the public school system in st. cloud in particular and they want a better future for their child and can afford the tuition. $8200 per year currently if you belong to a catholic parish.
Cathedral recruits, it's not that big of deal, don't worry about it.

northern_guy

Post by northern_guy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:35 pm

blindref wrote:
northern_guy wrote:cathedral does not recruit...never has, never will. i have been involved in the program for 20 years. 95% students who attend cathedral are brought up from kindergarten knowing they will attend there. the other 5% are parents who are fed up with the public school system in st. cloud in particular and they want a better future for their child and can afford the tuition. $8200 per year currently if you belong to a catholic parish.
it would fun to talk about it if you had actual proof. instead you are like any other private school hater. it's all right...it's ok! ....my kids gonna be your boss someday. blindref is an idiot for making comments he cannot support.

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:40 pm

So this is something like Round 280 of the "[fill in the blank] recruits" game.

Cool it. This topic is for discussion of the games, not the same old tired recruiting garbage.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

The Insider

Scores

Post by The Insider » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:12 pm

Following the coverage from MN Hockey Hub, St Cloud Cathedral wins 8-2 and Breck tops Marshall 7-5 for the championship.

blindref

Post by blindref » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:33 pm

northern_guy wrote:
blindref wrote:
it would fun to talk about it if you had actual proof. instead you are like any other private school hater. it's all right...it's ok! ....my kids gonna be your boss someday. blindref is an idiot for making comments he cannot support.
Sorry Lee, I logged in to see how cathedral did today; my family has several friends on the team.
I'm not a "private school hater" but northern guy insinuating that cathedral doesn't recruit but these other three private high schools in the tournament do sermon got to be a bit much.
Of course they recruit a little bit, so do many public schools; like I said it's no big deal. I doubt that they do any that is illegal, Coach Johnson runs a good program.
Northern guy I wish all of your children well in whatever professions they decide to pursue and hopefully they have a little thicker skin than you.

northern_guy

Post by northern_guy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:08 am

blindref wrote:
northern_guy wrote:
blindref wrote:
Sorry Lee, I logged in to see how cathedral did today; my family has several friends on the team.
I'm not a "private school hater" but northern guy insinuating that cathedral doesn't recruit but these other three private high schools in the tournament do sermon got to be a bit much.
Of course they recruit a little bit, so do many public schools; like I said it's no big deal. I doubt that they do any that is illegal, Coach Johnson runs a good program.
Northern guy I wish all of your children well in whatever professions they decide to pursue and hopefully they have a little thicker skin than you.
if you had an ounce of respect for the job coach johnson is doing and how hard he works you wouldn't make slanderous accusations. good job on the win cathedral to bounce back after a tough loss to breck.