HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hilltopper Thanksgiving Classic, Duluth

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HShockeyupnorth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Hilltopper Thanksgiving Classic, Duluth Reply with quote

Hilltopper Thanksgiving Classic, Mars Lakeview Arena, Duluth

Friday: 5:00pm Breck vs St Cloud Cathedral
7:30pm Duluth Marshall vs Providence Academy

Saturday: 3rd Place 1:30pm
Championship 4:00pm

JV games precede.

Single Game prices: $6 Adult, $5 Seniors, $4 Students
northern_guy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting..all class a and private. however duluth marshall and st. cloud cathedral are a different kind of private school that draws from a much smaller area, doesnt recruit, and students attend school from kindergarten knowing they will one day be attending cathedral and grow up and go to school with the same kids their whole life. nonethless seems like and interesting tournament, would have liked seeing STA in it though.
dueling21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These games will have Spotlight Game coverage on the MN Hockey Hub and also some postgame video on OTSN.tv!

Breck vs. SCCathedral

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/115314?referrer_id=
http://www.otsn.tv/news_article/show/115317?referrer_id=

Providence Academy vs Duluth Marshall

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/115319?referrer_id=
http://www.otsn.tv/news_article/show/115318?referrer_id=
Iranger33

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northern_guy wrote:
interesting..all class a and private. however duluth marshall and st. cloud cathedral are a different kind of private school that draws from a much smaller area, doesnt recruit, and students attend school from kindergarten knowing they will one day be attending cathedral and grow up and go to school with the same kids their whole life. nonethless seems like and interesting tournament, would have liked seeing STA in it though.

St Cloud has at least four new players from other schools that will play for them this year. 2 of them from other high schools in St Cloud and another couple that will take the bus into St Cloud.
northernhockey13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iranger33 wrote:
northern_guy wrote:

St Cloud has at least four new players from other schools that will play for them this year. 2 of them from other high schools in St Cloud and another couple that will take the bus into St Cloud.

They say Marshall doesn't recruit Laughing
But Marshall absolutely handled a very bad providence team and breck won 8-1
Iranger33

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northernhockey13 wrote:
Iranger33 wrote:
northern_guy wrote:

Take another read at the post. He said Duluth Marshall and St Cloud Cathedrel.

And if you think that Marshall doesn't recruit then I have a block of ice in Alaska that I would like to sell to you.

A couple of years ago a kid from New Ulm went to Duluth Marshall to play.
northernhockey13

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iranger33 wrote:
northernhockey13 wrote:
Iranger33 wrote:
northern_guy wrote:

Take another read at the post. He said Duluth Marshall and St Cloud Cathedrel.

And if you think that Marshall doesn't recruit then I have a block of ice in Alaska that I would like to sell to you.

A couple of years ago a kid from New Ulm went to Duluth Marshall to play.

If you caught the sarcasm... I was saying Marshall does recruit
northern_guy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cathedral does not recruit...never has, never will. i have been involved in the program for 20 years. 95% students who attend cathedral are brought up from kindergarten knowing they will attend there. the other 5% are parents who are fed up with the public school system in st. cloud in particular and they want a better future for their child and can afford the tuition. $8200 per year currently if you belong to a catholic parish.
blindref

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northern_guy wrote:
cathedral does not recruit...never has, never will. i have been involved in the program for 20 years. 95% students who attend cathedral are brought up from kindergarten knowing they will attend there. the other 5% are parents who are fed up with the public school system in st. cloud in particular and they want a better future for their child and can afford the tuition. $8200 per year currently if you belong to a catholic parish.

Cathedral recruits, it's not that big of deal, don't worry about it.
northern_guy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindref wrote:
northern_guy wrote:

it would fun to talk about it if you had actual proof. instead you are like any other private school hater. it's all right...it's ok! ....my kids gonna be your boss someday. blindref is an idiot for making comments he cannot support.
east hockey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is something like Round 280 of the "[fill in the blank] recruits" game.

Cool it. This topic is for discussion of the games, not the same old tired recruiting garbage.

Lee
The Insider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Scores Reply with quote

Following the coverage from MN Hockey Hub, St Cloud Cathedral wins 8-2 and Breck tops Marshall 7-5 for the championship.
blindref

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northern_guy wrote:
blindref wrote:
northern_guy wrote:

it would fun to talk about it if you had actual proof. instead you are like any other private school hater. it's all right...it's ok! ....my kids gonna be your boss someday. blindref is an idiot for making comments he cannot support.

Sorry Lee, I logged in to see how cathedral did today; my family has several friends on the team.
I'm not a "private school hater" but northern guy insinuating that cathedral doesn't recruit but these other three private high schools in the tournament do sermon got to be a bit much.
Of course they recruit a little bit, so do many public schools; like I said it's no big deal. I doubt that they do any that is illegal, Coach Johnson runs a good program.
Northern guy I wish all of your children well in whatever professions they decide to pursue and hopefully they have a little thicker skin than you.
northern_guy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindref wrote:
northern_guy wrote:
blindref wrote:
northern_guy wrote:

Sorry Lee, I logged in to see how cathedral did today; my family has several friends on the team.
I'm not a "private school hater" but northern guy insinuating that cathedral doesn't recruit but these other three private high schools in the tournament do sermon got to be a bit much.
Of course they recruit a little bit, so do many public schools; like I said it's no big deal. I doubt that they do any that is illegal, Coach Johnson runs a good program.
Northern guy I wish all of your children well in whatever professions they decide to pursue and hopefully they have a little thicker skin than you.

if you had an ounce of respect for the job coach johnson is doing and how hard he works you wouldn't make slanderous accusations. good job on the win cathedral to bounce back after a tough loss to breck.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: