HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hilltopper Thanksgiving Classic, Duluth

 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HShockeyupnorth



Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 52

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Hilltopper Thanksgiving Classic, Duluth Reply with quote

Hilltopper Thanksgiving Classic, Mars Lakeview Arena, Duluth

Friday: 5:00pm Breck vs St Cloud Cathedral
7:30pm Duluth Marshall vs Providence Academy

Saturday: 3rd Place 1:30pm
Championship 4:00pm

JV games precede.

Single Game prices: $6 Adult, $5 Seniors, $4 Students
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
northern_guy



Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Posts: 141

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting..all class a and private. however duluth marshall and st. cloud cathedral are a different kind of private school that draws from a much smaller area, doesnt recruit, and students attend school from kindergarten knowing they will one day be attending cathedral and grow up and go to school with the same kids their whole life. nonethless seems like and interesting tournament, would have liked seeing STA in it though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dueling21



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 571

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These games will have Spotlight Game coverage on the MN Hockey Hub and also some postgame video on OTSN.tv!

Breck vs. SCCathedral

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/115314?referrer_id=
http://www.otsn.tv/news_article/show/115317?referrer_id=

Providence Academy vs Duluth Marshall

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/115319?referrer_id=
http://www.otsn.tv/news_article/show/115318?referrer_id=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iranger33



Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Posts: 71
Location: MN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northern_guy wrote:
interesting..all class a and private. however duluth marshall and st. cloud cathedral are a different kind of private school that draws from a much smaller area, doesnt recruit, and students attend school from kindergarten knowing they will one day be attending cathedral and grow up and go to school with the same kids their whole life. nonethless seems like and interesting tournament, would have liked seeing STA in it though.


St Cloud has at least four new players from other schools that will play for them this year. 2 of them from other high schools in St Cloud and another couple that will take the bus into St Cloud.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
northernhockey13



Joined: 05 Nov 2011
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iranger33 wrote:
northern_guy wrote:
interesting..all class a and private. however duluth marshall and st. cloud cathedral are a different kind of private school that draws from a much smaller area, doesnt recruit, and students attend school from kindergarten knowing they will one day be attending cathedral and grow up and go to school with the same kids their whole life. nonethless seems like and interesting tournament, would have liked seeing STA in it though.


St Cloud has at least four new players from other schools that will play for them this year. 2 of them from other high schools in St Cloud and another couple that will take the bus into St Cloud.


They say Marshall doesn't recruit Laughing
But Marshall absolutely handled a very bad providence team and breck won 8-1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iranger33



Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Posts: 71
Location: MN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northernhockey13 wrote:
Iranger33 wrote:
northern_guy wrote:
interesting..all class a and private. however duluth marshall and st. cloud cathedral are a different kind of private school that draws from a much smaller area, doesnt recruit, and students attend school from kindergarten knowing they will one day be attending cathedral and grow up and go to school with the same kids their whole life. nonethless seems like and interesting tournament, would have liked seeing STA in it though.


St Cloud has at least four new players from other schools that will play for them this year. 2 of them from other high schools in St Cloud and another couple that will take the bus into St Cloud.


They say Marshall doesn't recruit Laughing
But Marshall absolutely handled a very bad providence team and breck won 8-1


Take another read at the post. He said Duluth Marshall and St Cloud Cathedrel.

And if you think that Marshall doesn't recruit then I have a block of ice in Alaska that I would like to sell to you.

A couple of years ago a kid from New Ulm went to Duluth Marshall to play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
northernhockey13



Joined: 05 Nov 2011
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iranger33 wrote:
northernhockey13 wrote:
Iranger33 wrote:
northern_guy wrote:
interesting..all class a and private. however duluth marshall and st. cloud cathedral are a different kind of private school that draws from a much smaller area, doesnt recruit, and students attend school from kindergarten knowing they will one day be attending cathedral and grow up and go to school with the same kids their whole life. nonethless seems like and interesting tournament, would have liked seeing STA in it though.


St Cloud has at least four new players from other schools that will play for them this year. 2 of them from other high schools in St Cloud and another couple that will take the bus into St Cloud.


They say Marshall doesn't recruit Laughing
But Marshall absolutely handled a very bad providence team and breck won 8-1


Take another read at the post. He said Duluth Marshall and St Cloud Cathedrel.

And if you think that Marshall doesn't recruit then I have a block of ice in Alaska that I would like to sell to you.

A couple of years ago a kid from New Ulm went to Duluth Marshall to play.


If you caught the sarcasm... I was saying Marshall does recruit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
northern_guy



Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Posts: 141

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cathedral does not recruit...never has, never will. i have been involved in the program for 20 years. 95% students who attend cathedral are brought up from kindergarten knowing they will attend there. the other 5% are parents who are fed up with the public school system in st. cloud in particular and they want a better future for their child and can afford the tuition. $8200 per year currently if you belong to a catholic parish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blindref



Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 203

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northern_guy wrote:
cathedral does not recruit...never has, never will. i have been involved in the program for 20 years. 95% students who attend cathedral are brought up from kindergarten knowing they will attend there. the other 5% are parents who are fed up with the public school system in st. cloud in particular and they want a better future for their child and can afford the tuition. $8200 per year currently if you belong to a catholic parish.


Cathedral recruits, it's not that big of deal, don't worry about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
northern_guy



Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Posts: 141

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindref wrote:
northern_guy wrote:
cathedral does not recruit...never has, never will. i have been involved in the program for 20 years. 95% students who attend cathedral are brought up from kindergarten knowing they will attend there. the other 5% are parents who are fed up with the public school system in st. cloud in particular and they want a better future for their child and can afford the tuition. $8200 per year currently if you belong to a catholic parish.


Cathedral recruits, it's not that big of deal, don't worry about it.


it would fun to talk about it if you had actual proof. instead you are like any other private school hater. it's all right...it's ok! ....my kids gonna be your boss someday. blindref is an idiot for making comments he cannot support.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
east hockey
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Dec 2002
Posts: 5973
Location: Proctor, MN

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is something like Round 280 of the "[fill in the blank] recruits" game.

Cool it. This topic is for discussion of the games, not the same old tired recruiting garbage.

Lee
_________________
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The Insider



Joined: 23 Nov 2011
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Scores Reply with quote

Following the coverage from MN Hockey Hub, St Cloud Cathedral wins 8-2 and Breck tops Marshall 7-5 for the championship.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blindref



Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 203

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northern_guy wrote:
blindref wrote:
northern_guy wrote:
cathedral does not recruit...never has, never will. i have been involved in the program for 20 years. 95% students who attend cathedral are brought up from kindergarten knowing they will attend there. the other 5% are parents who are fed up with the public school system in st. cloud in particular and they want a better future for their child and can afford the tuition. $8200 per year currently if you belong to a catholic parish.


Cathedral recruits, it's not that big of deal, don't worry about it.


it would fun to talk about it if you had actual proof. instead you are like any other private school hater. it's all right...it's ok! ....my kids gonna be your boss someday. blindref is an idiot for making comments he cannot support.


Sorry Lee, I logged in to see how cathedral did today; my family has several friends on the team.
I'm not a "private school hater" but northern guy insinuating that cathedral doesn't recruit but these other three private high schools in the tournament do sermon got to be a bit much.
Of course they recruit a little bit, so do many public schools; like I said it's no big deal. I doubt that they do any that is illegal, Coach Johnson runs a good program.
Northern guy I wish all of your children well in whatever professions they decide to pursue and hopefully they have a little thicker skin than you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
northern_guy



Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Posts: 141

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindref wrote:
northern_guy wrote:
blindref wrote:
northern_guy wrote:
cathedral does not recruit...never has, never will. i have been involved in the program for 20 years. 95% students who attend cathedral are brought up from kindergarten knowing they will attend there. the other 5% are parents who are fed up with the public school system in st. cloud in particular and they want a better future for their child and can afford the tuition. $8200 per year currently if you belong to a catholic parish.


Cathedral recruits, it's not that big of deal, don't worry about it.


it would fun to talk about it if you had actual proof. instead you are like any other private school hater. it's all right...it's ok! ....my kids gonna be your boss someday. blindref is an idiot for making comments he cannot support.


Sorry Lee, I logged in to see how cathedral did today; my family has several friends on the team.
I'm not a "private school hater" but northern guy insinuating that cathedral doesn't recruit but these other three private high schools in the tournament do sermon got to be a bit much.
Of course they recruit a little bit, so do many public schools; like I said it's no big deal. I doubt that they do any that is illegal, Coach Johnson runs a good program.
Northern guy I wish all of your children well in whatever professions they decide to pursue and hopefully they have a little thicker skin than you.


if you had an ounce of respect for the job coach johnson is doing and how hard he works you wouldn't make slanderous accusations. good job on the win cathedral to bounce back after a tough loss to breck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Forum Rules/Reporting Offensive Posts (Updated 3/16/05)

National HS Hockey Rankings

State by State HS Hockey Profiles

USHighSchoolHockey.com

MidgetAAAHockey.com

Statewide High School Hockey Links (By State)

High School Hockey Team Links (By State)

Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by team) Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by date)

Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (USHSHO) Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (MinnHock)

Nationwide HS Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey National Rankings

NCAA D1 Men's Hockey Rankings

New England Prep School Hockey Rankings

Prep School Hockey Links

Friends of USHSHO and the Forums:

MinnHock

WisconsinPrepHockey.Net

Sponsored Links:

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group