Eagan (1-0) @ Eden Prairie (1-0) 12-3-11 7pm

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:20 am

Eagles
27%
Wildcats
73%

Total votes: 15

HShockeywatcher

Eagan (1-0) @ Eden Prairie (1-0) 12-3-11 7pm

Post by HShockeywatcher »

A rising AA power in the Wildcats of Eagan travel to Eden Prairie to play a team that lost a lot of power from their state championship team last year in the Eagles.
Eagan won their match up during the regular season last year 4-2 but Eden Prairie followed that up with a semifinal 5-1 win at state. Should be a great game with a lot of energy.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Nice effort by EP tonight, they are a solid team that will compete with any team out there this season. Eagan carried the play more so than EP but also made several bad passes thru out the game. The EP goalie was terrific and made a couple of spectacular saves, including one on a wrap around that I will never figure out how he saved. The first EP goal was scored when an Eagan defensemen stepped on the puck and went down while trying to play the puck with his skate at the blue line. It turned into an immediate 3 on 0 breakaway, not much the Eagan goalie could do with that. The second goal was scored with 2 seconds left in the second period. Eagan's goal came off a nice shot off a faceoff. I thought the new Eagan goalie played solid and I feel confident in him moving forward. Next up for Eagan is Lakeville North on Thursday and Eden Prairie plays Andover also on Thursday.

Post by HockeyMN1 »

It's official: we reload. Lee Smith knows what he's doing and EP will be a force to be reckoned with for a long time coming.
EP two out of three.
mn man

Post by mn man »

EP has a ways to go, the shots were 38 - 18 Eagan. LaCombe's unbelievable performance gained the victory
Edgy

Post by Edgy »

I agree the mn man that the shots (and play early) were very one sided and lacombe played really well. That being said, Eagan was very undisciplined - seemed more concerned about the big hit than positioning - which cost them on EP's second goal.
for4checker

Post by for4checker »

As in past history, a hot goalie can win a game, I would bet if they were to play again, the outcome would be a little different. Nice win by the Eagles.
newtendy29fan

Post by newtendy29fan »

Looks like Eden Prairie has found it's starting goalie for the next 3 years! Great game by sophomore LaCombe! :D