Underrated Varsity Players

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

bronzemedal

Underrated Varsity Players

Post by bronzemedal »

Who are the most underrated varsity players?
bronzemedal

Post by bronzemedal »

from what I've seen at Edina, Jordahl stood out to me. Seems like he is not getting enough attention for the outstanding plays he makes to Hurley and Malmquist!!!!
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Eagan's Will Merchant, anybody who watches this team with any regularity knows that Zajac gets most of the hype but Merchant is this team best player. He is very fast, niffty hands and a strong shot and has good size to go with all of the skill. He for some reason doesnt seem to be getting much attention but whoever ends up with him will be getting a complete player.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Jay Dickman, Judd Peterson, Avery Peterson and the Czair brothers
puckster15

Post by puckster15 »

I watched the DE / STA game and Alex Johnson stood out. Rarely hear anything about that kid but he appeared to be one of the better kids on the ice that day.

I also think Sam Rothenstein (spelling?) is pretty strong player from Minnetonka that does not get enough credit.
GTTN

Post by GTTN »

I agree Merchant is a fabulous player. I have only seen him play 3 times (twice last year and once this year)

Sam Rothstein has been an impact player on Minnetonka since his sophomore year.

I concur both underrated
gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 »

mulefarm wrote:Jay Dickman, Judd Peterson, Avery Peterson and the Czair brothers
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!
Oldtimehockeyguy23

Post by Oldtimehockeyguy23 »

Sam Majka from Wayzata. Not a pure goal scorer but plays with passion and can hit, play defense, and do the little things. Pretty underrated.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

mulefarm wrote:Jay Dickman, Judd Peterson, Avery Peterson and the Czair brothers
Don't forget about Joe "SICKNESS" Anderson of Hibbing... :roll:

8)
The Puck
LGW
green4

Post by green4 »

bronzemedal wrote:from what I've seen at Edina, Jordahl stood out to me. Seems like he is not getting enough attention for the outstanding plays he makes to Hurley and Malmquist!!!!

i agree with this very much he is great at setting those two guys up, he is 3rd on the team in points i think, he just works super hard, also i think Parker Reno from edina on defense he does not have a lot of flashy moves or anything but he is a big strong kid that does not let many kids get by him
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

GTTN wrote:I agree Merchant is a fabulous player. I have only seen him play 3 times (twice last year and once this year)

Sam Rothstein has been an impact player on Minnetonka since his sophomore year.

I concur both underrated
Agreed with both. Merchant is a game changer. Kid plays with a HUGE chip on his shoulder, and definitely deserves more respect. Rothstein is a great player too.
The Insider

Post by The Insider »

PuckU126 wrote:
Don't forget about Joe "SICKNESS" Anderson of Hibbing... :roll:

8)
=D>
SSPHOCKEY

Post by SSPHOCKEY »

I've watched this kid a few times... Michael Fabie 6'2" 185 Sr at Minnehaha Academy. Weak hockey program, but this kid can flat out play.
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

Thomas Delaney White bear Lake strong defenseman who can score also
2012 pond hockey All Star
Cornermukker

Post by Cornermukker »

McLain from Brainerd.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

C. J. Franklin Forest Lake.
Zoogy92

Post by Zoogy92 »

From what I've seen, Mario Bianchi from Holy Angels is really a standout player that doesn't seem to get much credit for it. In my opinion he is a very high caliber player.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

old goalie85 wrote:C. J. Franklin Forest Lake.
hockeyfan893

Post by hockeyfan893 »

Someone who plays for an organization I support and / or I know personally.
isee

Post by isee »

[quote="wblhcky24"]Thomas Delaney White bear Lake strong defenseman

He could be underrated, if he learned how play defense instead of forward and learned to pass the puck, and quit taking stupid penalties. Than he would be underrated
Iceman82

Must be a Dad

Post by Iceman82 »

Average skills.

[quote="SSPHOCKEY"]I've watched this kid a few times... Michael Fabie 6'2" 185 Sr at Minnehaha Academy. Weak hockey program, but this kid can flat out play.[/quote]
shotpassskate

Post by shotpassskate »

Zoogy92 wrote:From what I've seen, Mario Bianchi from Holy Angels is really a standout player that doesn't seem to get much credit for it. In my opinion he is a very high caliber player.
I would add Frankie Mork from AHA also.
mhhockey7

Post by mhhockey7 »

what about joe hess from centennial? he's a strong defender who goes unnoticed.......
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

what about joe hess from centennial? he's a strong defender who goes unnoticed.......
Except when he starts fights at the end of the Blaine game and gets tossed by number 29!!!
mhhockey7

Post by mhhockey7 »

Except when he starts fights at the end of the Blaine game and gets tossed by number 29!!![/quote]

don't recall him getting tossed by him, the ref had to take him down to make sure HE didn't toss #29. Regardless, he lit that kid up several time during the game prior to the fight.